ED visa for muay thai training camp

I've trained around Thailand but never used their ed-visa construction.

Out of experience training i would recommend you to be very careful as you probably have to pay your training (and possibly boarding) in advance. Once paid you might find out the training is not working for you, you can't get along with the trainers, you get injured, or you just overtrain and want to be lazy for a month.

Better to first stay at the gym you are eyeing for about a month (on a tourist visa) before deciding you can handle it for 6 months or more.

If you plan on fighting you should see if you can find a gym who wants to sponsor you (free training). But that normally comes with some requirements (fights won in your home country, low weight class, etc). Several guys i know here on Phuket stay here as sponsored fighters (and sometimes move around from gym to gym).

• Like 1

There is a gym close to Phrong Phom BTS that will do ED visa and one close to On Nut BTS. Those are the only 2 I know of. I looked at it a while back. Its something like 40-50k baht for a 1yr ED visa. You can train at the gym 2-3 times a week at 2hrs a pop. You have to provide all your equipment. And its just training. It cost extra if you want to spar.

• Like 1