Supreme Court orders B10bn, 3km beachfront Phuket land to be ‘returned to the public’

snoop1130

Supreme Court orders B10bn, 3km beachfront Phuket land to be ‘returned to the public’

Suthicha Sirirat

1509707190_1-org.jpg

The three-kilometre of beachfront land has been handed back to the public, says MaAnn Samran, Chief of the Cherng Talay Tambon Administration Organisation (OrBorTor). Photo: Suthicha Sirirat

PHUKET:-- Six people have been ordered to vacate 178 rai of land, covering three kilometres of beachfront stretching from Layan to Lay Phang beach on Phuket’s west coast – with an estimated total value of more than B10 billion – following a Supreme Court on Wednesday (Nov 1) ruling against their claims to the land.

Lt Col Montree Boonyayotin, Director of the Department of Special Investigation (DSI) Natural Resources and Environment Crime Litigation division, broke the news at a meeting held at Cherng Talay Tambon Administrative Organisation (OrBorTor) yesterday (Nov 2).

In order to have the occupants vacate the land, Col Montree said, “We have to cooperate with other government offices to post notices to evict the people from the area.

Full Story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/supreme-court-orders-b10bn-3km-beachfront-phuket-land-to-be-returned-to-the-public-64574.php#Mqw4VoSAok8UMm7M.97

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2017-11-3

“We have to cooperate with other government offices to post notices to evict the people from the area." - and 2 years from now the headline reads, "We posted the notices but Thai Post misplaced them, so we have to work with the government officers once more to post the notices again."

And so it goes, around, and around, and around.

Meanwhile, the best Phuket can attract now is Chinese package holiday tourist. Little wonder.

In the ,link:
"a NorSor 3 Gor land document presented to the court as evidence to claim the land."
"However, it was later found that the NorSor 3 Gor land document presented had been cancelled in 1984,”
Cancellation seems suspicious, especially that's its only "later" to be known, ie., when someone else wants the property?

Funny how the man who has been turning a blind eye to this for years (for reasons we know but cannot say) is now all pro the Supreme Court decision - although his line will be 'it's not me, it's those nasty men in Bangkok'.

On 11/3/2017 at 9:54 PM, LivinginKata said:

I thought this crooked official MaAnn Samran was no longer in the local gov business ...

I guess he still has 10 fingers in every money pie ...

One of the worst, this guy made big money in the sell off of Surin Beach, now he wants in on the planning of the new Surin Beach. How this guy isn't in the pooky is beyond me. 

On 11/4/2017 at 2:07 AM, NRGF said:

‘returned to the public’ Its never going to happen.

It certainly happened at Surin Beach. Every structure was leveled. I'll bet they do the same thing here if MaAnn is not involved

On 11/4/2017 at 4:58 PM, the guest said:

I suppose tracking down the perpetrators who instigated, and profited from this SCAM, is not going to happen?

No...that doesn't happen. The officials are already under investigation or dead. One of them was murdered in jail. Figure that one out. 

https://www.thephuketnews.com/deadly-deeds-death-of-former-phuket-land-chief-lifts-lid-on-island-corrupt-murderous-past-58970.php#8D0XPLiXwsQqLmdS.97