Lawyer needed

triffid

Can someone please recommend a lawyer or law firm to deal efficiently with a matter touching on litigation, fraud, settlement. (I hasten to add I'm the putative complainant/plaintiff not the defendant). English speaking, accustomed to contacting the police, and tough.

Many thanks.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/7/2017 at 10:25 AM, BuddyDean said:

Go ahead and amuse us with the details...or simply cut and copy the last time your exact circumstances occurred, usually very recent.  ICO has some English speaking real estate lawyers.  

Amusing - though not to me. But thanks for the ICO name - though my problem isn't to do with land but rather a money-transfers-type scam. 

Still hoping someone might cite good experience with a particular lawyer, ideally in this area.

5 minutes ago, Here It Is said:

OP - have you thought long and hard about whether proceeding to litigation is throwing good money after bad?

I have but the amount at stake is too big to write off. Given the detailed evidence I have, my hope is for a reasonably quick negotiated settlement. The perpetrator is a local resident and would also not want - I think -  the disruptive effect of litigation if that could be ended by a settlement of a portion of the original money.

Archived