Forgotten ATM code?

RubbaJohnny

Wife's away from home and forgot pin number.

Anyone an idea I'd assume she'll need to go into the bank with ID and the card to reset.

Does it have to be the home branch where account held or any branch?

I cannot be the first member in this position. I can send transfer funds to her account but she has no access

Any help welcome.

Obviously I can drive to the bank tomorrow but doubt they'll give it to me as its not a joint account

Well that's going to save you some money, but seriously,she will need to go

to the bank where her account is,and i am sure you will be able to do nothing

as its her account.or she could go into the bank and withdraw cash over the counter.

regards worgeordie

If she doesn't know the number how would a bank be able to re-set it?  The bank does not keep a record of cusomers' PINs and to apply a new PIN requires the old one.

As the last poster said, all she has to do is go to any branch and ask for a new card to be issued with a new number of her choice.

6 hours ago, Just Weird said:

If she doesn't know the number how would a bank be able to re-set it?  The bank does not keep a record of cusomers' PINs and to apply a new PIN requires the old one.

As the last poster said, all she has to do is go to any branch and ask for a new card to be issued with a new number of her choice.

I suggest she doesn't use the same number again!:ph34r:

12 hours ago, RichCor said:

On my KasikornBank account they said I'd need to apply for a new card. Haven't done it yet.

I opened my KBank accounts in Bangkok many years ago.   

When I forgot the pin code of one of them I went to the local branch ( small country town ) where I now live in Issan.    No problems, got a new card etc within an hour.    Also asked if I wanted to change pin number for second account.

5 hours ago, johna said:

My wife forgot the PIN on her credit card in Italy, she called the bank, answered a few questions and they gave her a temporary number 1234, worked fine.

Really.  The bank was ok with their staff having the PIN for a customer's credit card?  Really?

7 hours ago, realviking48 said:

An Good adwise to avoid never forget your  pin-number..

Make a "fake tel.number" ..as: 093 584 9347  ..

the last 4 numbers are your pin-number..

just remember make a name to that tel.number .. just as to your other

tel.mumber you have in your phone..

Good idea and I name the contact K bank pincode 555

Kidding, it's indeed a good idea

Unfortunately I also forgot the pincode last year of my corporate cc, which is 6 digits. I use it rarely but need it sometimes for a cash advance during a biz trip. I called the bank and they sent me a new code by mail to my home in Thailand about 2 weeks later!!! By then I was back home from my biz trip. This was for a corporate cc of quite a big multinational company. Absolutely no service at all. They simply don't care. 

On ‎11‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 8:28 AM, RichCor said:

On my KasikornBank account they said I'd need to apply for a new card. Haven't done it yet.

Happened to me once.  Kasikorn was NOT going to let me reset & change my forgotten PIN (forgotten after a long time away without using it) no matter how much ID I showed them.  But something funny happened.  During my conversation with the lady helping me she said something which caused me to remember the forgotten PIN.  Problem solved.

• 2 weeks later...