Where to buy alcohol to the cheapest prices?

RHerberth

There are many family run wholesellers around, you will see the places with stacks of boxes of beer at the roadside, they always tend to be about 5-10 baht a box cheaper than Makro, also Makro only sells during certain hours same as 7/11.

Depends exactly where you are located.

There are many family run wholesellers around, you will see the places with stacks of boxes of beer at the roadside, they always tend to be about 5-10 baht a box cheaper than Makro, also Makro only sells during certain hours same as 7/11.

Im in pattaya. So makro is more expensive than the small roadside shops? Do the small shops also sell whisky and is it cheaper than makro?

1 hour ago, RHerberth said:
2 hours ago, LennyW said:

Im in pattaya. So makro is more expensive than the small roadside shops? Do the small shops also sell whisky and is it cheaper than makro?

Yes Makro and the supermarkets are usually more expensive by about 5 to 10 baht.

The small shops will sell local whiskys but there are places in Pattaya like Suppamitr that will sell all the range of whiskies, vodka and all other spirits.

This would be better in the Pattaya forum for someone to give you more locations of these shops.

15 hours ago, LennyW said:

But in Makro you won't get cheated :). Also, if you buy by the box the time restriction doesn't apply as you can reach 10 litres easily with one box and a bit.

You should go shopping and see where is best near where you live.

That's what most people do...

Use your loaf. Remember the overheads of how far you travel to buy.

Macro too far for me, BigC is best for most brands, and Tesco Local or Tops are good for bottles not boxes.

MaxValue is worth a look...

If you want imported try Gourmet Market, good selection not overpriced.

:burp:

I agree with the poster above. Even if you drink a carton every day the savings are minimal at the end of the month. The independent ones have the benefit of free delivery right into your apartment. They will also carry your empty crates for free (soda/coke/water).

I think with Big C and Tesco you can't get the carton price on delivery and I'm pretty sure Makro don't even deliver.

2 minutes ago, wump said:

I agree with the poster above. Even if you drink a carton every day the savings are minimal at the end of the month. The independent ones have the benefit of free delivery right into your apartment. They will also carry your empty crates for free (soda/coke/water).

I think with Big C and Tesco you can't get the carton price on delivery and I'm pretty sure Makro don't even deliver.

I have had trouble getting local wholesale outlets to deliver and collect where I am now. I guess it's another pot luck, some do some don't like everything here.

Good advice though.

:thumbsup:

I usually just drive to the shop and tell them to follow me on my bike. Once upstairs in the apartment the guys get their tip for carrying the stuff up and they take away the empty crates back to the shop.

This way I won't have to explain where my place is.

5 or 10 baht savings on a case are just not worth the hassle, IMO.
Of course I am not sure I would use a case of liquor in what remains of my life. A case of beer lasts me more than a month anymore.
At that rate of consumption I appreciate Tesco's delivery service. They already know where I live because I use them for grocery delivery as well. About the only outfit that offers delivery in my area, and free to boot.

On 11/7/2017 at 6:58 AM, LennyW said:

5 or 10 baht a box cheaper?? Wow. What a deal.

2 minutes ago, HerbalEd said:

5 or 10 baht a box cheaper?? Wow. What a deal.

Well that's what the OP asked for ...

On 11/7/2017 at 6:43 AM, RHerberth said:

Where can i buy whisky and beer to the cheapest prizes?

If you are running a business and using a couple of hundred cases a month it mounts up!!

Edited by LennyW

If it's the cheapest generic alcohol you're after, you need to find one of the family rice farms that distill their own Lao Thom (bit like the Lao Khoa, but smoother IMO).

Typically around 40-50 bt per litre, at 25-35% strength.

Quotes on box prices seem a bit low. Box of beer can easily be around 100B less, two boxes less the taxi fare (or me anyway) it's still 10B a bottle less than 7/11 buying individually.

Tesco local is okay, near where I live, but don't deliver.

Again, depends on where you live. Out near the stick houses in Nackon Nowhere is cheap to buy, but overheads can be more expensive.

Horses for courses.

Edited by George FmplesdaCosteedback

On 11/7/2017 at 7:19 AM, RHerberth said:
On 11/7/2017 at 6:58 AM, LennyW said:

One of the cheapest in central Pattaya is the Modern store, adjacent to Mikes mall. Good selection of wines and spirits and they also have cans of cider.