Video: Thai man gets machete as woman driver innocently blocks his path

webfact

Video: Thai man gets machete as woman driver innocently blocks his path

7pm.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

In the latest outrageous road rage incident shared online a Thai woman driver is spat at and threatened with a machete.

Dash cam footage showed the woman trying to get past a pick-up in a narrow soi with parked cars.

She does this but is then hemmed in by a male driver wearing sunglasses and a hat.

He gets out and spits at her car prompting her to ask politely what the problem is. She points out that the other vehicle in the soi is making it difficult for her to move.

Dissatisfied the man then goes to retrieve what Thai Rath said was a "sparta" knife - a kind of machete.

He waves this around before the woman backs up.

The plate of the man's vehicle is clearly visible - บค (bor khor) 9204.

The footage was on Facebook on the page of "TonPeedz LetsEatz" with a request to share the story.

The poster said: "What might have happened if I had not reversed?

"Sometimes the cool weather does not cool tempers.

Dash cams are good in situations like this".

The story was shared many times and had thousands of views.

People commenting online had some strong Thai language for the actions of the "lung" (uncle) who grabbed the weapon.

Source: Thai Rath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-11-07

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yesterday i walked on the sidewalk in Chinatown, just relaxed, nice cool weather.

Then out of an alley came an old Chinese-Thai lady with a pushcart, she just had a new hair-do since it looked perfect. 

She pushed that cart straight on the sidewalk expecting me to jump aside i guess which i didn't. So she drove the cart with the wheel against my shoe, i stopped and so did she. I told her i was just walking there on the empty sidewalk and she had to wait for me to pass. She refused and starting pushing the cart against my shoe/leg. I shouted AU AU loud so she stopped pushing it. I told her to go back and wait for me to pass, but she wouldn't.

If this happened in Europ i would have thrown her whole cart full of vegetables on the street and her as well probably but i behaved myself.

Some people (even old ladies) just ask for it since they're so rude.

8 minutes ago, DavisH said:

The police should call him in for a bit of driver attitude adjustment....but not likely to happen. 

The police will call him in because they will want their 500 baht fine.

3 minutes ago, mercman24 said:

anyone caught with a knife or a machete, that should be 6 months in jail, no remission, period, if you carry a knife that means you are prepared to use it, we see this every day.

Let's see .Around 70 million people and perhaps 10 million with a hot temper in cool weather, that's a lot of prisons.

29 minutes ago, Lowryderen said:

And it is him driving in the wrong side of the road even ... There are cars passing on the right side as he gets offended she wont give way in "her" side of the road..

Exactly...that's a scumbag if I ever saw one. Tough guy with a knife. How would have ran like a mofo if she pulled a gun on him. 

12 minutes ago, ezzra said:

11 post when a Thai threatening another Thai, it would be 10 time

as many if a Thai would have pulled a knife on foreigner...

Nothing much to say is there? The guy behaved like a complete knob. Evidenced by the fact that other traffic were easily passing her car on the correct side of the road.

3 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

She should have driven into him, and blamed that old chestnut "brake failure".

His machete would not have been much use to him then.

Agreed Should have runned him over.The guy should be locked up in a loony hospital.

3 hours ago, Lowryderen said:

And it is him driving in the wrong side of the road even ... There are cars passing on the right side as he gets offended she wont give way in "her" side of the road..

True, what a dipstick and pity the truck did not wipe out his left-hand mirror, which I thought was going to happen.