Prayut poses six new questions to Thais

webfact

5 hours ago, missoura said:

My Thai wife of many years says "I am not a red shirt. I am not a yellow shirt. I am Thai 100%". She supports the present government. Her reasoning is that the Army has been the only one to actually try and stop corruption in Thailand.

Yes, she was part of the group that strolled the streets of Bangkok a few years ago.

During our discussion about these things,  she will usually end up saying "It's my country". And she is right. As an American, I know very little about politics here or back home. But, I do know that it is fun to watch. Sometimes.

protestors.JPG

surely anyone who loves their country would want; democracy, rule of law, freedom to be who you are and say what you want and tolerance of other people and their views. 

but maybe if you've never had these things then you dont miss them and in that ignorance you can be happy

" Power and democracy all are yours.”

Poor grammar from Prayuth.

What he meant was " Power and democracy used to be yours "

Note to all TEFlers reading this thread. A thorough review of the past tense is urgently needed .

11 hours ago, Denim said:

" Power and democracy all are yours.”

Poor grammar from Prayuth.

What he meant was " Power and democracy used to be yours "

Note to all TEFlers reading this thread. A thorough review of the past tense is urgently needed .

the past tense? so there is only one past tense in english? or do you need to review your use of articles and singular/plural? :whistling:

30 minutes ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

I guess that Thais have had years of military rule amd some trust the Generals more than they

trusted Thaksin or Yingluck, or people like them.

Geezer

I am sure some trust military rule but the majority trust Thaksin or Yingluck by giving them their votes.

18 hours ago, missoura said:

My Thai wife of many years says "I am not a red shirt. I am not a yellow shirt. I am Thai 100%". She supports the present government. Her reasoning is that the Army has been the only one to actually try and stop corruption in Thailand.

Yes, she was part of the group that strolled the streets of Bangkok a few years ago.

During our discussion about these things,  she will usually end up saying "It's my country". And she is right. As an American, I know very little about politics here or back home. But, I do know that it is fun to watch. Sometimes.

protestors.JPG

Army tried to stop corruption? When and where? 

19 hours ago, missoura said:

protestors.JPG

She's in a very, very, very small minority....

1. Do we need to have new political parties or new politicians for the people to consider in the next election and whether the old politicians or political parties can form a government that pushes forward reforms or the national strategy?

Yes. Everyone is tired of the same old faces and especially tired of the fawning, sycophantic Democrats.

2. Is it his or the junta’s right to support any one of the parties?

No. It is totally inappropriate.

3. Do people see a better future from the government’s work during the past three years?

Not really. From the Thai's that I am close with, there's been no improvement. But then again, they don't live in Bangkok, ride high-speed trains to China or bugger about with submarines.

4. Is it appropriate to raise the idea of going back to the administrative style of previous governments in the current moment?

Totally. It is far more appropriate than 'going back' to yet another un-elected, self-serving, self-appointed military junta.

5. Have democratic governments or politicians been effective over the years and shown enough governance to drive the country’s growth in a sustainable manner?

They've never been left alone long enough to be effective. Never in place long enough to develop a 'road map' for the future, to counter the corruption, enforce the law of the land and show that what works in most other countries can work in Thailand. As soon as they try and take the training wheels off, the army comes along and slaps them back on again. The Thai voter has never been given any real opportunity to decide who's doing a bad job. There's no need to keep propagating the myth of Thailand needing a 'special democracy'.

6. Why are politicians lining up together and attacking the government?

Because it's not a democratically elected government.

On 11/8/2017 at 5:15 PM, missoura said:

protestors.JPG

"My Thai wife..."

When you find yourself in a situation that you need to qualify your wife you might need to reassess the situation :wink:... When you were back in America, did you used to refer to your "my American girlfriend" or just "my girlfriend"?

Here's my situation - my wife and I agree about many things and disagree about even more. (I've been told that was normal throughoutt the galaxy) My wife is Thai and she will tell you that her husband is South African, but she is not my "Thai wife" and I am not her "South Africa husband" because my wife doesn't have a  "another country husband" and neither do I have "another country's wife"

With full respect to the Hon. PM, 

..most humbly, I would have added

question 7. Do you think that expats and farangs are good for the country and should we make life a bit smoother for their visa issues ?

Edited by observer90210