Man claims ignorance of statutory rape regarding sex with 13-year-old

snoop1130

11 hours ago, scorecard said:

"Not to defend the culprit, but as a majority of Thai girls look younger then their age, the culprit may have assumed she was older ?"

There's a big gap between 13 and 18.

In any event the adult involved should be doing some checking to ensure the girl (or boy) is over 18. If in doubt don't touch, adults have a moral responsibility to protect the young.

If you had paid a bit more attention to read my post you may have read the part that recommends to check the ID in case of doubt -

Edited by observer90210

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

If you had paid a bit more attention to read my post you may have read the part that recommends to check the ID in case of doubt -

This story isn't about foreigners in Thailand.

11 hours ago, chrisinth said:

If the above is true then I don't think he assumed any of them were older.

Pure predator.

all the more reason to check the ID as it is criminal to endulge in sex with children.

Edited by observer90210

3 minutes ago, MaeJoMTB said:

This story isn't about foreigners in Thailand.

Whatever you say my dear fellow, but the issue here is to avoid children getting abused which is a serious crime and hope that you are on the decent side of the topic.

Edited by observer90210

5 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

But the debate here is to avoid children getting abused which is a serious issue and hope that you are on the right side of the debate.

I see nothing wrong with hilltribe girls being married and having children when they're 13, it's not my country and not my business.

My country defines 16 as the age of consent applicable to me, and I'm happy to go along with that.

If I were Italian (14) or French (15) I'd probably agree with their age of consent, I don't have a problem with them and their laws.

Different countries, different cultures, different laws.

Edited by MaeJoMTB

11 hours ago, MaeJoMTB said:

13-15 you need a judges (written) permission to marry ( and have sex)

15-18 you need the parents permission to marry (and/or have sex)

I do not think that that is correct :

13 -15 : Any sexual contact is illegal 

16- 18 : Sexual contact is legal, with the Parents permission 

18 + Legal

6 minutes ago, MaeJoMTB said:

I see nothing wrong with hilltribe girls being married and having children when they're 13, it's not my country and not my business.

My country defines 16 as the age of consent applicable to me, and I'm happy to go along with that.

If I were Italian (14) or French (15) I'd probably agree with their age of consent, I don't have a problem with them and their laws.

With full respect and gratitude to your precious information and with my thanks for your response dear poster.....

....I however do get disgusted and enraged when I see a 60 year old pot bellied gentleman fondling a 14 year old girl ... have a nice day.

17 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

Thanks for the lecture, in fact I did read all of your post and I was just reinforcing the point about checking about age. 

6 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

With full respect and gratitude to your precious information and with my thanks for your response dear poster.....

....I however do get disgusted and enraged when I see a 60 year old pot bellied gentleman fondling a 14 year old girl ... have a nice day.

I believe the Op was about a 26 year old Thai, I have no reason to believe he was overweight, or ever fondled her in public.

Edited by MaeJoMTB

19 minutes ago, MaeJoMTB said:

That isnt quite true , again .

The age of consent in France is 15 , but only as long as the other person isnt an adult .

Two 15 year olds : Legal

A 15 and a  25 year old : illegal

25 minutes ago, MaeJoMTB said:

Once again , not quite correct .

The age of consent in Italy is 14, as long as there isnt more than a 3 year age difference

27 minutes ago, MaeJoMTB said:

Under Thai law, that would be illegal

Thai law doesnt allow 13 year olds to get married , neither does Thai law allow 13 year olds to have sex .

Its quite clear that you see nothing wrong with it , but the laws of Thailand think differently  

55 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

In the article the perpetrator was 28.

44 minutes ago, sanemax said:

That isnt quite true , again .

The age of consent in France is 15 , but only as long as the other person isnt an adult .

Two 15 year olds : Legal

A 15 and a  25 year old : illegal

You should read the law articles.

This one ?

Article 227-22 prohibits the "organisation by an adult of meetings involving indecent exposure or sexual relations knowing that minors are present or participating". (Minors refers to under 18s; the text of the article can be subject to interpretation)

3 minutes ago, hansnl said:

You should read the law articles.

This one ?

Article 227-22 prohibits the "organisation by an adult of meetings involving indecent exposure or sexual relations knowing that minors are present or participating". (Minors refers to under 18s; the text of the article can be subject to interpretation)

1 hour ago, observer90210 said:

Don't quite catch what you are trying to say but I'm sure you have a good reason...thanks for your response anyhow.

It looks quite clear to me, you claim that most Thai girls look younger than they actually are, that is to you that they look younger, not to Thai men, they would be basing their assumptions of age on what they have grown up seeing not what you grew up seeing, so your original comment didn't really make sense.

42 minutes ago, sanemax said:

This one ?

You misunderstand it.

16 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

Liar

"He also said he loved her but their relationship had not worked out so he broke up with her."

...well she had to go back to school after lunch break..and she wore a uniform 5 out of 7 days..wouldnt you think a little light would come on in his little pea-brain.

14 hours ago, MaeJoMTB said:

No but under Thai law a man charged with having sex with a girl between 13-15 years old will have all charges against him dropped if he subsequently marries her.

Nothing to do with me, I didn't make the laws here.

Once again , not true .

There was the recent story of the 16 year old girl , living with an older Thai guy , think that they had a ceremonial wedding , they had a child together and he got arrested for rape of a minor