Help the country - go and have a soapy massage or enjoy some karaoke..... it's tax free!

snoop1130

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, BigBadGeordie said:

Sounds right, they only have $189 billion left in foreign reserves?

Foreign reserves are controlled by the Bank of Thailand and CANNOT by law be used for domestic purposes. I doubt this mickey mouse govt can get around that one without causing a crisis of confidence in the baht that would seriously damage exports and lead to suspicions that Thailand was becoming a failed state. 

Edited by Dexlowe

3 hours ago, mark01 said:

I asked for tax relief one night on beach road.

Something got lost in translation.

I don't think she was VAT registered.

Are you sure she was a she, did you check to see if she/he had a meat and two veg. must be on your toes on Beach Rd. these days, not that i would know of course!

6 minutes ago, Dexlowe said:

Foreign reserves are controlled by the Bank of Thailand and CANNOT by law be used for domestic purposes. I doubt this mickey mouse govt can get around that one without causing a crisis of confidence in the baht that would seriously damage exports and lead to suspicions that Thailand was becoming a failed state. 

Article 44 can thump that pesky law. Never say never with the mother of all ultimate power in his hands. 

The government really are completely out of touch with the real world.

Do they seriously believe that soapy massage parlours and karaoke bars are legitimate businesses, have set price lists and will give customers VAT registered receipts. Visit a soapy massage, choose a hooker, pay and ask for a receipt, then see how far you will get. This is so pathetic that I can`t even find this funny. 

1 hour ago, Eric Loh said:

Article 44 can thump that pesky law. Never say never with the mother of all ultimate power in his hands. 

There is always that worry, of course. It was seriously contemplated back in 97 and again in 08, but the potential for damage to the country made even the most desperate pollie cringe. Anyway, any hint that Thailand was becoming a failed state would cause too much loss of face -- and we all know how Thais hate to lose face. 

3 hours ago, JRUSA said:

I'm sitting here wondering if I should be saddened by or prowd Tha I have not availed myself of a soapy nor kareoke or for that matter a normal massage..:sorry:

So many mixed emotions missing from your question.... you could have felt relieved, if you had gone, but then, a lot of da ladies tend to overdo it, and you may have ended up with a pulled muscle

14 hours ago, BigBadGeordie said:

Sounds right, they only have $189 billion left in foreign reserves?

Who says there is 189 B reserves.  How come at least  some school directors were asked to pay salaries recently out of school funds? ???

23 hours ago, farcanell said:

So many mixed emotions missing from your question.... you could have felt relieved, if you had gone, but then, a lot of da ladies tend to overdo it, and you may have ended up with a pulled muscle

I'm afraid you are probably right. Since I've had 21 orthopedic surgeries in my life, and a titanium shoulder and knee, I fear it would do more damage than good...:sad:

43 minutes ago, JRUSA said:

I'm afraid you are probably right. Since I've had 21 orthopedic surgeries in my life, and a titanium shoulder and knee, I fear it would do more damage than good...:sad:

Jesus Christ man!

moving from funny comments to.... never ever let a thai massage girl near you!

On 11/10/2017 at 3:03 PM, wavemanwww said:

I love Thailand. They invent dreams!

Lovely. Well said, man. At last we have a government acting wisely. Being real, accepting reality without hypocrisy, all in the interest of the economy, of jobs, of incomes, of everything and everyone. Keep this going and prosper, LOS! I really hope the good old days of Thailand return. 

Edited by HereIAm
added

48 minutes ago, HereIAm said:

Lovely. Well said, man. At last we have a government acting wisely. Being real, accepting reality without hypocrisy, all in the interest of the economy, of jobs, of incomes, of everything and everyone. Keep this going and prosper, LOS! I really hope the good old days of Thailand return. 

So do I. :-)