Brexit never? Britain can still change its mind, says Article 50 author

webfact

17 minutes ago, nauseus said:

It is you who are talking  nonesence :cheesy: nonsense because it is you who always initiates the personal stuff. 

The facts are, you guys have no useful, coherent or sensible argument so you resort to attacking the poster and his style, it's a sure sign that you've lost the argument.

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Khun Han said:

He even makes stuff up when reporting posts, such as complaining that his quoted posts have been modified AFTER it's been pointed out to him that it's the forum software that removes embedded quotes. Like I said, he becomes Mister Unpleasant when he gets into politics debates, barking out orders about what members can and cannot post, and full of snide remarks.He's not even particularly well-informed. Not the sort of person with whom I want to interact on here.

+1

6 minutes ago, Khun Han said:

He even makes stuff up when reporting posts, such as complaining that his quoted posts have been modified AFTER it's been pointed out to him that it's the forum software that removes embedded quotes. Like I said, he becomes Mister Unpleasant when he gets into politics debates, barking out orders about what members can and cannot post, and full of snide remarks.He's not even particularly well-informed. Not the sort of person with whom I want to interact on here.

Get over the history of what happened 18 months ago, it's now November 2017! Apart from which, we've already discussed this, AGAIN and you agreed it was time to move on, I mean really.

And if you guys don't want to interact, don't, nobody forces you to read anything I write. But for sure, if you state nonsense on Brexit, expect to be challenged.

Edited by simoh1490

2 hours ago, simoh1490 said:

He's an Associate Editor, not Editor.

And to say that he is highly respected in the political world is just nonesence:

"The letter stated the MPs "were truly outraged by the hate and bigotry" in Kavanagh's column".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trevor_Kavanagh

And guys........CEASE the personal attacks, now...if you want to debate Brexit and all that entails, debate ahead but the attacks will end!

Hans: you gave up debating here because you didn't have a viable argument, any time you develop one, come on back!

What you have here is a classic case of " sense of humour failure ".

On 23/11/2017 at 10:27 AM, simoh1490 said:

Tell me you're not going to try and debate that Uk tabloids are a reliable and intelligent source of information. 

http://www.humantruth.info/uk_newspapers_comparison.html

http://www.pressgazette.co.uk/facebook-more-trusted-news-daily-star-according-bbc-commissioned-survey/

First class piece! Compulsory reading I would say! ( I told you The Economist was good ?)

13 hours ago, simoh1490 said:

Great stuff! Why won't Brexiters sit up and listen to sensible advice? Lemmings!

The chances of ever having a useful or constructive debate with this mob Grouse are slim to none, their posts simply confirm a total absence of debating ability and knowledge and reconfirm the demographics of the average Brexiteer. Out.

11 hours ago, baansgr said:

Its the way you say it that is condescending. Its on a par with calling an afro american the N word. Thats how disgustingly offensive your remark is

It's not offensive in the slightest! You think sensible people pay attention to tabloids? Then you, sir, are a fool. Try The Economist.

39 minutes ago, nauseus said:

I didn't say that. Read it again. Better to not mimic your new pal and twist words.

I've put my reading speculators on and I apologise; you are correct.

But the underlying British "diseases" are not caused by the financial crisis or labour policies. We should be recovering from 2008 by now. I blame the milk snatcher!

To have a discussion that leads to new insights here is difficult.
Arguments, no matter which side are roared and made ridiculous with dead-beating stile type.
Understandably, Brexit is very emotional.
The uncertainty of how to proceed economically, if there is no planning certainty, is distressing for many.

Britain has far bigger problems than the rest of the EU.
With Brexit, the British leave a total of 975 agreements signed in March 2019 by the Union with third countries, including more than 50 free trade agreements. These contracts must be renegotiated or rewritten as part of the protection of the United Kingdom. Brexit minister David Davis admitted on Wednesday before the parliamentary committee that some countries had agreed but others wanted to renegotiate. A renegotiation of the contracts until March 2019, however, is an impossibility, the uncertainty in the industry therefore large: "I do not know how we should export to China after March 2019," says the head of the British chemical company AstraZeneca, Pascal Soriot. So far, the export is under the EU cooperation agreement with China.

That the negotiators do not see the limited time and the time-pressure component is incomprehensible to me.
Very much to the detriment of the population.

6 hours ago, tomacht8 said:

To have a discussion that leads to new insights here is difficult.
Arguments, no matter which side are roared and made ridiculous with dead-beating stile type.
Understandably, Brexit is very emotional.
The uncertainty of how to proceed economically, if there is no planning certainty, is distressing for many.

Britain has far bigger problems than the rest of the EU.
With Brexit, the British leave a total of 975 agreements signed in March 2019 by the Union with third countries, including more than 50 free trade agreements. These contracts must be renegotiated or rewritten as part of the protection of the United Kingdom. Brexit minister David Davis admitted on Wednesday before the parliamentary committee that some countries had agreed but others wanted to renegotiate. A renegotiation of the contracts until March 2019, however, is an impossibility, the uncertainty in the industry therefore large: "I do not know how we should export to China after March 2019," says the head of the British chemical company AstraZeneca, Pascal Soriot. So far, the export is under the EU cooperation agreement with China.

That the negotiators do not see the limited time and the time-pressure component is incomprehensible to me.
Very much to the detriment of the population.

Needs must. Don't panic.

9 hours ago, adammike said:
12 hours ago, simoh1490 said:

He's an Associate Editor, not Editor.

And to say that he is highly respected in the political world is just nonesence:

"The letter stated the MPs "were truly outraged by the hate and bigotry" in Kavanagh's column".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trevor_Kavanagh

And guys........CEASE the personal attacks, now...if you want to debate Brexit and all that entails, debate ahead but the attacks will end!

Hans: you gave up debating here because you didn't have a viable argument, any time you develop one, come on back!

What you have here is a classic case of " sense of humour failure ".

I REALLY don't want to get into any further debates with Simon for the reasons that I have already stated. But, just to correct a couple of mis-perceptions put forward by Simon in your quoted post:

Trevor Kavanagh was the political editor of The Sun for many years as I stated previously. He is now a freelance journalist and a member of IPSO (which gives an indication of his status in UK journalism).

Trevor Kavanagh was cleared by IPSO over the article which enraged the UK's loony liberal left (in a process which, as a member, he was excluded). The  article concerned raised difficult truths, which mirrored concerns by such prominent people as Sarah Champion and Nazir Afzal , both of whom have been hounded by said loony liberal left since coming out into the public domain with their concerns.

1 hour ago, Khun Han said:

I REALLY don't want to get into any further debates with Simon for the reasons that I have already stated. But, just to correct a couple of mis-perceptions put forward by Simon in your quoted post:

Trevor Kavanagh was the political editor of The Sun for many years as I stated previously. He is now a freelance journalist and a member of IPSO (which gives an indication of his status in UK journalism).

Trevor Kavanagh was cleared by IPSO over the article which enraged the UK's loony liberal left (in a process which, as a member, he was excluded). The  article concerned raised difficult truths, which mirrored concerns by such prominent people as Sarah Champion and Nazir Afzal , both of whom have been hounded by said loony liberal left since coming out into the public domain with their concerns.

Yes, Political Editor, NOT Editor.

Any time you have a sound logical argument on Brexit Hans, put it forward and we'll be pleased to listen to it.

5 hours ago, Khun Han said:

Fantastic - thank you for giving me a chuckle, albeit a wry one, this early in the morning. 

So a self-serving, supposedly self regulating, group of shysters clears one of their own of a wrong-doing that they are all guilty of day in, day out, and somehow we should look upon that particular professional propagandist as upright and decent? The very fact that Kavanagh has spent the best part of his career on his knees in front of the dirty digger shows just where his morals are. 

Hacked Off criticises ex-Sun political editor's Ipso board role

'Campaign group says Trevor Kavanagh’s appointment shows press watchdog has ‘abandoned even the pretence of independence’'

On 26/11/2017 at 1:21 PM, baansgr said:

Another article that isn't damning of Brexit...Just because Brexit is mentioned in the title. You need to read  and digest it.

I have  read it and I have digested it. I didn't say the article had anything to do with Brexit I simply said that confidence is falling and that's the economic backdrop that we face to day, we haven't Brexit'ed yet and already things are looking poor.

And here's another one, this from the OECD and it also has little to say about Brexit:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2017/11/28/oecd-unveils-gloomy-outlook-uk-economy/

The point of the above is that we're going into Brexit on the hind foot from an economics perspective and things will only improve so long as we get a Goldilox Brexit deal and that seems highly unlikely. The unintended consequence is that May will be replaced, a snap election called and Corbyn will likely end up in government and that would be hugely toxic for UK assets. If at the same time as that, we're still scurrying around trying to make trade deals and our economy is being shrunk at the same time, god help the UK population.   For the poster who voted for Brexit because of his children's future, good luck with that with Labour in power.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2017/11/27/corbyn-dangerous-markets-hard-brexit-warns-morgan-stanley/

Another decent article here which highlights the relationship between the future UK economy and the type of Brexit we adopt, hard/soft, smooth/bumpy etc., and I quote: 

"The OECD noted that the UK’s outlook could improve if a less disruptive Brexit materialised.

“Prospects of maintaining the closest possible economic relationship with the European Union would lead to stronger-than-expected economic growth,” it said".

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/brexit-oecd-economic-forecast-paris-gdp-eu-european-union-a8079586.html

So for all those in favour of hard Brexit and not paying one penny to the EU, be careful what you wish for!

BTW I see that Brexit liabilities in the 44 to 55 billion Euro range are close to being agreed, the last time I mentioned numbers of that magnitude, others suggested it was wishful thinking on the part of the EU!

Edited by simoh1490

The Governor of the Bank of GoodOl'England has just announced the results of stress tests on the banks in the event of the worst likely Brexit outcome (a "disorderly exit"). The banks survive more or less, with £50 billion losses. But the rest doesn't look so good:

• GDP falls by 4.7%
  • unemployment rises from current 4.7% to 12%
  • interest rates rise from current 0.5% to 4%
  • house prices fall 33%
  • £1 falls from current US1-32 to US0-85.

Happy Days!

7 hours ago, mfd101 said:

The Governor of the Bank of GoodOl'England has just announced the results of stress tests on the banks in the event of the worst likely Brexit outcome (a "disorderly exit"). The banks survive more or less, with £50 billion losses. But the rest doesn't look so good:

• GDP falls by 4.7%
  • unemployment rises from current 4.7% to 12%
  • interest rates rise from current 0.5% to 4%
  • house prices fall 33%
  • £1 falls from current US1-32 to US0-85.

Happy Days!

Knee jerk reaction yesterday but the City has digested and realised its actually good news. Sterling and banking shares recoverd with gains. For ince idiot Carney has said something positive.