EU wants Brexit money this month, Davis seeks 'political' fix

rooster59

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 11/11/2017 at 2:25 PM, terryw said:

If May offers a ridiculous sum to appease the EU then her Premiership is finished.

If the UK offered 80 million Euros tomorrow then by the end of the week the EU will demand 100 million.

The only solution is to ask the International Court at the Hague to arbitrate.

The solution is the party that claims it wants reimbursement must produce a detailed account to substantiate their demands.

The EU don't want, or can't do this, because they want to screw more out of the UK so all the member states can see how clever they have been at punishing the UK and getting far more than their entitled to.

Davies is a soft negotiator, never up to the job. It needs someone tough and ruthless with honed negotiating skills.

Quite frankly, this constant demand that Britain make an offer, and they keep saying not enough is bllocks and shows them up for the nasty, greedy, immoral bullies they are.

The solution is the party that claims it wants reimbursement must produce a detailed account to substantiate their demands.  

The EU don't want, or can't do this, because they want to screw more out of the UK so all the member states can see how clever they have been at punishing the UK and getting far more than their entitled to.

Davies is a soft negotiator, never up to the job. It needs someone tough and ruthless with honed negotiating skills.

Quite frankly, this constant demand that Britain make an offer, and they keep saying not enough is bllocks and shows them up for the nasty, greedy, immoral bullies they are.

It's called negotiating.And that's supposed to be the easy part! (We know it will be around 40-60 billion GBP ballpark and can be paid over many years ). 

Now Davis is suddenly not up to the job ?

Well who is then? Johnston ? Gove? FOX? May?

Well it doesn't matter who you put there because the current govt position of having your cake and eating it has been found out.

Calling the other side greedy or immoral is a joke.

Immoral? Bullies?

Look at the Tory cabinet behaviour to each other.

Laughing my ass off here.

The British back stabbing cabinet is on its last legs.

Still laughing at the immoral claim...hilarious.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

On 11/11/2017 at 8:14 PM, RuamRudy said:

I think this is a good analogy - imagine going to a restaurant with your friends and agreeing to order a big spread of food for you all to share. After you have had the starter, you then decide to leave, but want to pay only for the starter that you have eaten. Your friends, on the other hand, point out that the mains were ordered collectively, on the assumption that you would all eat them. It is only reasonable, is it not, that you pay for the food you ordered even if you subsequently decide that you don't want to eat it?

political-satire-political-cartoons.jpg

Correct. The Irish border issue is going to result in a veto on deal unless the magical thinking of David & Co is not dealt with pronto. As I mentioned lots of times on here, you are not ultimately dealing with a so called 'dictator' or EU bureaucrats but with 27 states and their elected heads of government. Any one state can veto a deal.

Those heads of state are answerable to THEIR people just like the government in the UK.

They will veto any deal if not satisfactory.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-11-10/brexit-dilemma-hurtles-toward-ireland-to-veto-or-not-to-veto

This is a bigger problem than a few billion a year bill.

That news is just beginning to percolate out in the British press.

Told ya.

Any deal is going to be vetoed unless they start writing down specifics on the Irish border instead of the usual waffle.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/4935355/irelands-pm-leo-varadkar-threatens-to-veto-brexit-trade-talks-as-he-meets-theresa-may/

On 13/11/2017 at 12:15 PM, ExpatOilWorker said:

political-satire-political-cartoons.jpg

The concessions won, inadequate as may be, were nullified by the vote to leave. It would be interesting to note what these were.

http://www.itv.com/news/2016-02-02/camerons-eu-deal-some-concessions-won-but-work-still-to-do/

These were won in 2 days. Now all gone of course. I would have stayed in and continued negotiating over time.

Edited by Grouse