Man with "police connections" keeps the press out during Pattaya bar raid

webfact

19 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

I don't see a problem if the tests are foolproof and conducted with honesty and no tampering, motivated to extort a bribe (sorry tea money) from the farang....

....but sometimes it may not be done fully honestly perhaps ?

Of course you and half of the world are not concerned about governments invading their privacy.

15 minutes ago, nasanews said:

Of course you and half of the world are not concerned about governments invading their privacy.

One may doubt on the existence of just one sole nation whose government does not invade in some form or the other, directly or indirectly,  into it's citizens privacy.

Edit : The point would be on how the information and data gathered,  is used.

Edited by observer90210

1 hour ago, nasanews said:

Regardless but you should not promote such a wrong doing.

Promote ? no my friend, I am not promoting, just trying to live in harmony and some fairness with existing laws and regulations in a country that is not my homeland.

Edited by Rimmer

7 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Rarely make it to WS when in Pattaya.

Seems like the music bar at the corner of Soi 16 and WS has been demolished and a new place built?

An Indian flag hanging outside.

Catering for a new clientele.

Sign of the times.

If you mean the old Rolling Live 2 I wrote about it back in August. However then it was definitely not Indian focussed unless it has changed in the last few months - more Thai like The Stones House

Prices were too expensive to appeal to that demographic as well..........

26 minutes ago, topt said:

However then it was definitely not Indian focussed unless it has changed in the last few months

As I wasn't at that corner for long I can't tell.

Was just seeing the Indian flag on the outside in the very blurry Channel 7 video.

On Google streetview there is an image supposed to be from August 2016 which shows the corner completely torn down and fenced.

A post and all the replies have been removed:

11) You will not post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments directed towards Thailand, specific locations, Thai institutions such as the judicial or law enforcement system, Thai culture, Thai people or any other group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

12 hours ago, klauskunkel said:

That's what cracks me up about this. Some guy who says he knows a police man can deny entry to other people..., and they basically accept it. Amazing.

Why is it so amazing that the press were denied entry to private premises?  They have to accept it, they have no special rights.

19 hours ago, ezzra said:

I feel sorry for the police, they're damned if they do and damned if they

don't, their reputation and creditably is been tarnished from countless

cases where they were found to be less than forthcoming with thier

actions to up held the law that no one will believe or trust them no more...

What an insightful post, you have stated my thoughts on soooo many occasions. 

I am certain there are some good and well motivated officers, but imagine how hard it is for them? 

31 minutes ago, wavemanwww said:

Look it up on Google!!!!

It wasnt an actual question , it was more of a statement .

I do know that Al Capone got jailed for tax fraud .

I m not sure whether he would have liked it in Thailand ,dont forget, that back in the 1930's , Thailand was quite primitive and coming from Chicago , Thailand may have been too hot for him

11 minutes ago, sanemax said:

It wasnt an actual question , it was more of a statement .

I do know that Al Capone got jailed for tax fraud .

I m not sure whether he would have liked it in Thailand ,dont forget, that back in the 1930's , Thailand was quite primitive and coming from Chicago , Thailand may have been too hot for him

Sanmex Question: Are you directly or indirectly involved with the present Thai government? 

Thailand in the 30's to now, if he was still alive, would have been a holiday for him. He loved corruption!

For your info I'm falang Australia

1 minute ago, wavemanwww said:

Sanmex Question: Are you directly or indirectly involved with the present Thai government? 

Thailand in the 30's to now, if he was still alive, would have been a holiday for him. He loved corruption!

For your info I'm falang Australia

I have no connection with the present Thai Government , although I wasnt in Thailand in the 1930's , I shouldn't imagine that it would have been a holiday  for someone coming from the USA , it would have been too hot, poor and undeveloped , he may have enjoyed it had he bought the rest of the mob over with him, but he probably wouldnt had like it much, if he just came with his Mrs

4 minutes ago, sanemax said:

I have no connection with the present Thai Government , although I wasnt in Thailand in the 1930's , I shouldn't imagine that it would have been a holiday  for someone coming from the USA , it would have been too hot, poor and undeveloped , he may have enjoyed it had he bought the rest of the mob over with him, but he probably wouldnt had like it much, if he just came with his Mrs

Read his entire history, "He was convicted and sentenced to 11 years in federal prison. .tax avoidance .. He was already showing signs of syphilitic dementia early in his sentence, and he became increasingly debilitated before being released after eight years. On January 25, 1947, Capone died of cardiac arrest after suffering a stroke". He did not have a Mrs he had a brothel as a wife!

By the way Sanmax do you know where Red Bull boss is whilst on the subject of scum bags?