Thais Zombies in Bangkok

autanic

13 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Yawn.  I remember the same being said when people first starting using mobile phones and I remember my parents saying the same thing about television.  

True, but your TV was limited to the length of the power cord. Now you go and meet friends at the bar and they spend the evening staring into their phone. Might as well go alone, or stay at home and stare at the laptop.

15 hours ago, XBroker said:

difference being, when they were done reading their paper, they spoke to each othe

True, plus a newspaper is a finite number of pages, whereas a phone you can access millions of pages of information, videos, movies, fakebook, etc. I miss the days of newspapers and hate videos.

what an over exaggeration, you must not have been to South Korea.

BTS being blocked and not moving in, its a Thai habit. People stopping on platforms? Pretty rare, its more like Thais are slow walkers and are never in a rush to get anything done or be on time.

Furious tapping on the phone? You must have very good ears, I'll give you that.

But yes smart phones are making these bad thai habits even worse.

On 14-11-2017 at 12:32 PM, elnet1 said:

True, plus a newspaper is a finite number of pages, whereas a phone you can access millions of pages of information, videos, movies, fakebook, etc. I miss the days of newspapers and hate videos.

Good I am the total opposite i love the smartphone, I guess its an age thing and an IT thing. I love that i can read about what i like on the internet while waiting for something or traveling in the BTS. I love how I can send a quick message to someone, share a picture or a location (has helped me a lot with navigating as I use my phone as a GPS in my car with a gripper)

2 hours ago, robblok said:

Good I am the total opposite i love the smartphone, I guess its an age thing and an IT thing. I love that i can read about what i like on the internet while waiting for something or traveling in the BTS. I love how I can send a quick message to someone, share a picture or a location (has helped me a lot with navigating as I use my phone as a GPS in my car with a gripper)

I agree.  I'm 73 and have two smart phones and a tablet that can make calls.  My headset allows me to control the phones by voice so don't have to bother with sticking my nose in a phone and can still enjoy the scenery while I compute or make and receive calls.  I use virtual reality at home with cameras so I can integrate my real life with my computer screen.  I can get inside windows and move stuff around.  Next year I'll probably get smart glasses.  I feel sorry for the old codgers who can't keep up with or are scared by technology.

windows-10-v.jpg

smart glasses.jpg

10 minutes ago, amvet said:

I agree.  I'm 73 and have two smart phones and a tablet that can make calls.  My headset allows me to control the phones by voice so don't have to bother with sticking my nose in a phone and can still enjoy the scenery while I compute or make and receive calls.  I use virtual reality at home with cameras so I can integrate my real life with my computer screen.  I can get inside windows and move stuff around.  Next year I'll probably get smart glasses.  I feel sorry for the old codgers who can't keep up with or are scared by technology.

windows-10-v.jpg

smart glasses.jpg

Got an occulus rift with the touch controllers. I find VR controlling my computer not real great as of yet. (hard to type a lot and have a VR headset on). Its nice for games and movies (like your in a theater) but not as good for controlling the computer. 

1 minute ago, robblok said:

Got an occulus rift with the touch controllers. I find VR controlling my computer not real great as of yet. (hard to type a lot and have a VR headset on). Its nice for games and movies (like your in a theater) but not as good for controlling the computer. 

Ya.  For typing I still like a keyboard even the old fashioned ones.  I make my gaming Poseidon click like a mechanical old one and it has some pressure to imitate that.  Can you imagine some people still use keyboards that don't light up at night!