Clarification - 90 day report

Clarification for 90 Report.

I have done 90 reports on previous trips so I am familiar with the process.

This current trip I entered Thailand on a Tourist Visa on the 20th of August. On the 28th of September I applied (successfully) for a change of visa to Non-O based on retirement.

Today went to Chang Wattana Bangkok to do my 90 day report. Finally my number was called, the female officer saw my Non-O and said “not have to do”. When I pointed out I entered on the 20th of August and the report was due this week; she just pointed to my Non-O and said “when you do extension on Non-O”. I even asked since I was already there, can I do it now? Her reply “no no, you do after”. She was getting annoyed so I left it at that.

So now I am not sure which of the following apply. I am hoping someone can answer this.

1/ She was wrong and I can expect a fine at a later date.

2/ I do a 90 day report when I apply for a 1 year extension on the Non-O (within the next 2 weeks)

3/ The 90 day clock restarted when I applied for, and received, my Non-O (28 September).

Also to the above, can someone confirm the documents listed below required for Non-O 1 Year extension based on retirement. I tried to look up the Immigration website (to no avail) and also I asked at information at Chang Wattana and received the wrong advise

1/ Completed TM7

2/ Photocopy of - Passport face page – Entry stamp – Current Visa – Departure card.

3/ Photocopy of bank passbook showing 800,000 baht seasoned for two months. (I am assuming it is 2 months, not 3 months, as this is my first extension)

Also, do I need a bank guarantee letter and proof of overseas transfer?

Thank you in advance, Bill.

• Like 1

90-day reports are only required when in the country on a long stay visa or a one-year extension of your permission to stay. It is not clear what your current permitted to stay until date is (at a guess, about 6 February 2018). Assuming the 6 February date. you could apply for the extension any time after early January and receive an extension to stay until 6 February 2019,. That is the point the clock starts ticking for 90-day reports. Your first 90-day report will be due in early May (always assuming you do not travel outside Thailand between February and May). 

What she was trying to tell you is that you will not need to do a 90 day report until 90 days for the date you apply for the one year extension of stay.

If your money has been in the bank for 60 days now you can apply for the one year extension at any time now. Chaeng Wattana allows you to apply for it during the last 45 days of your 90 day entry.

You will need a letter from the bank confirming your account  the balance in it on the date it is written. There will no for the letter to prove your funds came from abroad.