True internet package + internet only sim + experience

Rc2702

Opted for true internet here in khon kaen and I'm pleased with the inhouse wifi 10 days in.

Anyone had this deal where true give you internet tv and a internet only sim for about 800 a month?

My issue is the sim has not arrived yet. Sim I'm thinking can just replace my phone sim and make all calls etc through Skype and Line and I'm basically never spending a penny on thailamd phone calls again?

Also just a but of info on my experience with true being installed.

We booked True over the phone and was told installation would take place 10am last Saturday. 

Guy turned up 11.50am did not set foot in property and called whilst outside to advise he could not do job and would return in 2 days.

WENT APESHIIT lol.

Phoned the centre who got runt to come back. Came into house this time asked where we wanted it. Just told him to install it wherever is easiest for him to do. Guy says ok. Tells us he's off to the box to connect it or some BS.

25 minutes later no sign of runt. Call the plank he says cannot do as old account on this property has unpaid still installed unusable services and he not allowed to do this. 

WENT APESHIIT again.

Sleaze boy sales man can do but need to pay 800 more. Told him to stick it up assss. 

1 hour later they call again say van man runt boy still in area can do but need to just pay 6 months in advance.  Told them TOT is my next call. They say ok ok we do for you tomorrow no charge. I tell these cheese balls they arrive 1 minute past 10am tomorrow deal is off.

They installed next day and were done by 10.15 am. 

Was a bit of a testing experience a bit like dangling a carrot in front a rabbit and then trying to change the deal at last second. Stood firm throughout and voiced total disappointment and oddly enough they did the job as agreed. Had a similar BS experience with Axa and oddly enough after voicing the issues they did eventually sort it.

I hope the sim is worth the wait I really look forward to the day I can toss my AIS sim card away. The amount of messages they send per day is unbelievable it's spam on another scale.

I had this same package installed a month ago, and have had nothing but trouble with it. Since they installed it, it takes at least an hour, sometimes 2, before i get any signal on my tv. The so called hi speed internet is actually slower than the one I had with TOT. I was originally paying 1,900 baht a month for my TV service, I now pay 2,500 baht for the new package, which was supposed to include my landline telephone, as well as i think 200 minutes free calls a month on my mobile (they gave me my new sim, on the day they installed everything). But low and behold I recieved a bill from a company called CAT, for the monthly rental of my new landline number, and a bill for 2 calls made on the landline. My wife has been calling them everyday for the last 2 weeks to get someone to come out and repair the connection, but all we get is "we check for you, and will call back" but so far no call back. So yesterday she informed them that we won't be paying the bill, and want it all taken out, so we now wait to see what happens.

8 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

I hope the sim is worth the wait I really look forward to the day I can toss my AIS sim card away. The amount of messages they send per day is unbelievable it's spam on another scale.

I have a dual sim phone, I use AIS for phone calls and True for the internet and I get very little spam texts from AIS compared to the bombardment I get from the True sim, that said the internet via the True sim is not too bad, I also have True Cable internet which generally speaking is ok as well.

from what I understand after trying for one year, they have 3 or 4 billing/product lines, that is internet, tv, pre-paid and post paid phone services.

so, if you think you paid after paying for internet bill, (in my simplistic view of the world one package, one bill) at some point they will ask for you to pay the other services as well.

then, when paying on the internet, please note that the group has MANY id's in the bill pay.

once you pay to the company that has the same name but a different ID, it is time to buy a paddle.

cannot regulate via help chat or call centre. 

so, to the office with ID and Passport, bank payment copy, bank book, to ask whether they kindly can sort their back office out. 

after 12 months, to cancel, one has to show up at their office with ID, all contract numbers, and bankbook (only 1 person can explain why but that person is rather busy sorting the greater picture out) and fill out application. 

am on AIS fibre now, and that works.

wish you joy the coming 11 months.

Might be a Khon Kaen thing. I have used True in Nonthaburi for the last 3 years and its been a dream. Oddly enough the guy was on time when we put it in. Full HD for the TV and flawless (seemingly wireless). As for SIM cards I have vowed to never use AIS/12call or True. Dtac works great when you stay inside the Nonthaburi / BKK area. Though I have another friend who told me about the whole " Previous owner never pay. Need 1200 to install." He called BS as well and they begrudgingly hooked it up.

I think that part of the training for a True employee is how to tell lies. I moved, wanted to bring True internet to my new address. True says OK.True says someone will call me. For 9 days, no calls. Then True tells me they have no one who speaks English. Another lie.Example of another lie, call 4-digit number, press 2 for English. I stuck them with the last month of contract. Now I have Sinet internet for 2 years, no problems ever, they do maintenance from 2 -6 am.

28 minutes ago, Cutty Shark said:

I'm having trouble with the spam texts too.  Is there any company that doesn't bombard us with them?

You should be able to get them stopped. When I first took out 12Call/AIS some years ago it was a major issue. I had a thai speaking person ring their help line and they stopped soon after.

The call centres have become more proficient in English since then so you may not even need a Thai speaker.

i am 150ks from udon thani, had ais internet for 4years ,been great,had true vision tv and it was good, same as sky in aus, and becomes boring after a while, bloody repeats, i have ais phone which i will never change,but the internet and true vision were costing almost 2000bhart a month, i believed that this was far to expensive so tot turned up with fibre optic cable, ran it to our farm and for 750 bart a month we get a phone connection,  great out in the bush, wi fi, internet, my mate from aus thought ais was fast, tot is far faster and the tv is good for the thai misses, once you work it out and you can buy certain sports if you want, i am very happy, the two installers owned up and admitted they had not connected tv before, but if you are half computer smart it is easy to work out, hope i find the thai to english button soon

I have the same  Hi Speed internet, cable and mobile package in Nonthaburi, 50 MD download and 20MB upload. Free installation, the arrived at the promised time, True even phoned if we where  satisfied  with the  crew.

So I presume that what the O.P. experienced is another typical Isaan story.

4 hours ago, henry15 said:

I have the same  Hi Speed internet, cable and mobile package in Nonthaburi, 50 MD download and 20MB upload. Free installation, the arrived at the promised time, True even phoned if we where  satisfied  with the  crew.

So I presume that what the O.P. experienced is another typical Isaan story.

Or perhaps they were a tad put off by his juvenile cursing and names referring to the staff -- seems like a bully to me.

Just now, Patanawet said:

Or perhaps they were a tad put off by his juvenile cursing and names referring to the staff -- seems like a bully to me.

Err sorry but if they had done things correctly I'd not have said those names and of course I never referred to them like this to their face. Just seemed very unprofessional to call from outside and say cannot do and gave no reason at that point. That installer never got the job done a different one did and the first Installer came to do the job twice and wasted our saturday. The sales person attempted to change the agreement twice whilst the 1st installer was on site. Firstly requesting 800 baht to solve a previous users bill at this address and then 6 months prepayment. When they realised we were not going to be pushed they did their job on the basis of what we had agreed to do prior. You seemed to have overlooked these matters.

True Kalasin runs a lot of games and are just straight up dishonest. We couldn't even get them them to shut off the service after getting fed up with constant problems and hassles to do with billing and them also needing to constantly change our hook up box and dish antenna, their non-transparency regarding billing, etc. They would not take away the old equipment either and we had to store their old stuff for them.

They'd lie and say they'd have someone out to disconnect everything and then there would be a no show and then they would explain why another month or 3 or 6 needed to be tacked on before we could halt services. Went on and on for nearly a year. We finally had to get lawyer friend of the family to give them a call and straighten them out, otherwise we would still be being held captive.

During the 2 years we paid for cable TV we would get our service cut 4-5 times a year despite having paid all bills on time. They would say we hadn't paid a bill which they were having problems sending out and that sorry we'd have to wait to get our bill so that we could pay it and get service restored.

The there-is no-technical-problems-on-our-end-you-have-to-upgrade-your-service-buy-new-equipment-again-from-us number has been run on us by 3BB and TOT employees regarding intenet. You just insist they solve their technical problems and report them to their management and no need to pay companies who can't reset your internet connection and get it to work again. Seems to be a trick that employees use to get a sale. Getting a bit old by this time.

Edited by Shaunduhpostman

On 11/15/2017 at 11:49 PM, Rc2702 said:

You'll be back... but you'll have to go and get another AIS SIM.

14 hours ago, Patanawet said:

Agreed. When the Buster Bloodvessel types are dealing with these 'monkeys', one always has to consider who exactly is going apeshit.

22 hours ago, Cutty Shark said:

I'm having trouble with the spam texts too.  Is there any company that doesn't bombard us with them?

I have has AIS for over 12 years and DTAC for about 2. Get maybe 2 or 3 unsolicited SMS's each month from AIS and I only get a burst of special DTAC offer SMS's immediately after renewing a pre-paid package on DTAC. Otherwise, I feel rather ignored by their alleged spam departments.

Then again, I visited an AIS shop and had them take me off their 'spam' list. I did the same when I bought the DTAC SIM and they were setting up the new account to look like I had already done loads of top-ups so that I could benefit from deals that were available only to long-term customers. Very please with both services. The only time I see posts or comments about anything related to TRUE, it is invariably about bad customer service, higher than expected bills and rubbish coverage.

Edited by NanLaew