The days of skinny Thais are over - Thai women named second fattest in Asia

webfact

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Totally and utterly predictable ! Very obvious in the cities with all age groups and in the villages where you have mostly older people who still eat a traditional diet and younger ones who eat the processed carbohydrates.

Lots of articles about how processed foods increase the risk

Chemicals in processed food

Processed foods are harming people

Not really true any longer that processed food is costing more. Look at all those ready meals in 7-11. All those carbohydrate snacks/instant noodles/deep fried "meat"

The Thai women in my hood start gossiping, preparing, and cooking food at about 10 AM. The 1st session last until 2 PM at about 5 PM it's time for the 2nd set, which last until midnight constantly eating, drinking, and preparing more food. All of them are obese with a BMI that could be used as lottery numbers. Except one, all of their offspring are obese too regardless their age.

Edited by Lupatria

yo Yo Yo at last the true is being said. back in 1990 so so nice, then bloody MacDonald and sugar drinks arrived, fat and fat even more arrived, just waiting for this one to hit the headlines, so where are we guys on this? Hello Cambodia and Vietnam

Edited by wakeupplease

RE - Thai women are now officially the second fattest group of people in Asia.

This may explain the significantr increase of African male tourists...;)

2 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

my new girlfriend works out every day, has abs, weights 100 pounds and is smart as hell. she knows a lot about proper nutrition.

her mother has diabetes and refuses to change her eating habits.

her younger sister is super fat. she showed me a photo of her from just five years ago when she was thin.

This ab syndrome, is it curable ?

3 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

my new girlfriend works out every day, has abs, weights 100 pounds and is smart as hell. she knows a lot about proper nutrition.

her mother has diabetes and refuses to change her eating habits.

her younger sister is super fat. she showed me a photo of her from just five years ago when she was thin.

Be careful, if she is too smart she might turn into a Hurricane.

If she is too good looking that will be fine.!!

57 minutes ago, cmsally said:

. . . . . . older people who still eat a traditional diet and younger ones who eat the processed carbohydrates.

Lots of articles about how processed foods increase the risk

Processed foods are harming people

Not really true any longer that processed food is costing more. Look at all those ready meals in 7-11. All those carbohydrate snacks/instant noodles/deep fried "meat"

Who are you trying to kid? I eat 7-11 ready meals and potato chips by the handful - when I'm hungry . . . and I'm still thin as a rake! Processed food popularity might go some way towards the belly and bum fat, but I'm sure that even you know that the simple truth is that Thai women simply don't know when to stop eating. Before long they'll be rolling down the street for their next Mamma noodle fix.

11 minutes ago, Ossy said:

Who are you trying to kid? I eat 7-11 ready meals and potato chips by the handful - when I'm hungry . . . and I'm still thin as a rake! Processed food popularity might go some way towards the belly and bum fat, but I'm sure that even you know that the simple truth is that Thai women simply don't know when to stop eating. Before long they'll be rolling down the street for their next Mamma noodle fix.

For sure if you eat those things in small quantities you won't get fat. But in terms of overall health, eating those things is bad for you. You don't necessarily have to be fat to have high blood pressure/high cholesterol / diabetes.

The girl had been away from her village for 20+ years until we moved there last year. Every one of her friends from before are overweight and have diabetes. Most of the local women have big <deleted> so I have to look at the very young ones for eye candy. At my age it can be embarrassing.

7 minutes ago, Ossy said:

And here's the naked truth . . . nice, eh? If over-eating results from a lack of self-respect, how can this BIG ISSUE best be addressed?

overweight-populations.jpg

This is very vivid, but it is six years (or more) out of date. How much has changed in that time?

Thais have been getting wealthier to be able to afford highly processed, denatured, Western food. Obesity is the outward manifestation, all the health issues will follow into the later years, which of course will be a boon to the food industries partners in crime, the pharmaceutical industry.

And all the while pharmaceutical puppets, AKA doctors, will happily advise that all is fine and just take another pill. Still to this day westerners are in denial as to the cause of the pervasive diseases that afflict them, despite those following a healthy lifestyle avoiding them. I think I am the only one of my school friends that hasn't been operated on and also on long term medication, yet they think I am the nutter, ah well.

2 minutes ago, Ombra said:

This is very vivid, but it is six years (or more) out of date. How much has changed in that time?

Well spotted. I didn't notice the date of the graphic, featured in a June '14 obesity survey. I'll see if I can find one relating to this thread . . . there's bound to be one! But, in answer to your Q, I have a strong feeling that Thai women won't feature any better.

2 hours ago, mok199 said:

my humble opinion ,thais have great upper bodies,arms and shoulders,but the abdomen stretches severely after a child ,unlike any other culture,the legs is where the fat resides..i have seen 40kg women, with the cellulite buildup on the knees ,thighs , calves and butts.very uncommon .compared to Chinese woman who have strong defined legs with amazing calves and thigh muscles...genes

So you live in China?

1 hour ago, trogers said:

You either keep the book you have bought, or you join the library.

Don't end up like the 62-yo guy with his 22-yo girl.

Know a few who have done well with age differences even greater than that, but the older man has to have something to offer the young girl other than money. Had a few beers with a 68 year old Eurp who was complaining his gf was now 26; they've been together eight years. He put her through school, she has a responsible job and just seems to idolize him.

Just now, futsukayoi said:

Genes don't make you fat  (despite any potential).  You only get fat by eating more than you burn off through exercise and lifestyle.

absolutely... show me one person who was overweight in a concentration camp... and then we hear the old nonsense "I can't lose weight it's my metabolism/genes/whatever"...