21 men identified in girl’s forced prostitution case

webfact

12 hours ago, greenchair said:

I'm just not getting that the mother did not know about this for 7 months? 

Pardon what I thought was only a western social disease before I came here and don't believe it either. A more plausible spin might be everybody was happy with easy money until a customer got rough with the goose laying the golden eggs who then phoned mommy dearest, prompting her maternal concerns to kick in before the child in need of protection called police herself. 

12 minutes ago, silent said:

Pardon what I thought was only a western social disease before I came here and don't believe it either. A more plausible spin might be everybody was happy with easy money until a customer got rough with the goose laying the golden eggs who then phoned mommy dearest, prompting her maternal concerns to kick in before the child in need of protection called police herself. 

That's right. 

Oh how awful this girl is going to feel if it is discovered her own mother was part of the whole sordid thing. 

What a shame her father died. 

14 hours ago, lee68 said:

All the hype about foreign paedophiles living in Thailand, when there are plenty of locals that prey on young kids and most of the time its not reported.

I was in a restaurant in Fang with my wife last week, and there were 2 Thai men around 40 ish plying 2 school girls about 15 with red label, no one in there batted an eye lid!.  

Don't disagree that abusing underage children, and that's what they are, is wrong and needs punishing.

But you should look up the definition of pedophilia.

This isn't a case of pedophilia. It's a case of a greedy young woman exploiting her junior underage niece and dirty immoral scumbags willing to pay a pittance to ravage an underage teenager.

I hope all convicted get a maximum prison sentence, not suspended, not halved for pleading guilty, and no endless appeal.

19 hours ago, greenchair said:

I'm just not getting that the mother did not know about this for 7 months? 

First was reported the girl called her mother after a 'few' months  -  7 months??  I am sure they will net a lot more people than 21, the slavers should both go to Jail for 10 years, no amount of apologizing and payoffs will heal what that girl has been thru.

If the Mother was complicent, then she should be charged with child endangerment as well.  If a law such as this is on the books in Thailand, if not, then they should make one.

Edited by TunnelRat69

23 minutes ago, TunnelRat69 said:

First was reported the girl called her mother after a 'few' months  -  7 months??  I am sure they will net a lot more people than 21, the slavers should both go to Jail for 10 years, no amount of apologizing and payoffs will heal what that girl has been thru.

If the Mother was complicent, then she should be charged with child endangerment as well.  If a law such as this is on the books in Thailand, if not, then they should make one.

Just now, 6thST said:

Child endangerment there's no space in jail to put all the people that put their children in danger.Just look around children riding motorcycles with no helmets 3 or more on a motorcycle and the police look the other way...there's no cure for Thailand. 

Good on them for calling out the insects by name. Retired teacher Wichai Pensawad, 61, faces charges of taking a minor under 18 away from her parents or guardian and rape of a minor, while the girl’s aunt, Pavina Thongchua, 20, faces charges including procuring a minor for prostitution, illegal detention and coercing the parent of a minor. They had better cover up their faces. Unless they leave the country they are market for life, regardless of whether or not the fabulously weak judicial system has the cajones to imprison them. And if they do end up in prison, they are sure to make some very close friends in there. 

The mother was beyond irresponsible, by allowing her 15 year old daughter to be away that long. What was she thinking?

14 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Good on them for calling out the insects by name. Retired teacher Wichai Pensawad, 61, faces charges of taking a minor under 18 away from her parents or guardian and rape of a minor, while the girl’s aunt, Pavina Thongchua, 20, faces charges including procuring a minor for prostitution, illegal detention and coercing the parent of a minor. They had better cover up their faces. Unless they leave the country they are market for life, regardless of whether or not the fabulously weak judicial system has the cajones to imprison them. And if they do end up in prison, they are sure to make some very close friends in there. 

The mother was beyond irresponsible, by allowing her 15 year old daughter to be away that long. What was she thinking?

As this goes on I think they will find out theres more to this story than we know right now concerning what the Mother knew about it or not.

Edited by TunnelRat69

3 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

• 3 weeks later...

OK...so why is this news in Thailand?

Soi Nana. Soi Cowboy. Patong. Pattaya. Etc.

Sex is a commodity in Thailand. 

Exploitation is systemic.

Families send their daughters off to resort destinations every day so they can start sending money home. Do the parents really think these girls are making that kind of money as maids?

Yet there are guys on here who jump aboard their soapboxes and protest much...perhaps a bit too loudly when something like this makes the news. 

Is anyone really shocked by stories like this? 

32 minutes ago, ClutchClark said:

Soi Nana. Soi Cowboy. Patong. Pattaya. Etc.

Sex is a commodity in Thailand. 

Exploitation is systemic.

Families send their daughters off to resort destinations every day so they can start sending money home. Do the parents really think these girls are making that kind of money as maids?

Yet there are guys on here who jump aboard their soapboxes and protest much...perhaps a bit too loudly when something like this makes the news. 

Is anyone really shocked by stories like this? 

No, I am shocked by the educated western adults that justify the abuse of children.   You are fortunate to have had a good childhood, many of the children forced into prostitution are boys.  I'll bet you wouldn"t be complaining about those who jump on their soapbox if it was you being abused.  Even if your mother was pocketing the cash.  

3 hours ago, isaanbanhou said:

No, I am shocked by the educated western adults that justify the abuse of children.   You are fortunate to have had a good childhood, many of the children forced into prostitution are boys.  I'll bet you wouldn"t be complaining about those who jump on their soapbox if it was you being abused.  Even if your mother was pocketing the cash.  

How dare you suggest my post "justifies the abuse of children". 

For the love of god man, get a hold of yourself and please attempt to respond without making this so personal. I am sorry if you have some personal experience on the subject of being forced into male prostitution as a child but making such accusations of others is way out of line. 

BTW, those posts above on a soapbox (no idea if they are yours) do absolutely nothing to stop events such as this occurring as you attempt to take credit for in your post.

No one here is promoting pedophelia. We are all against it. Relax.

Edited by ClutchClark

4 hours ago, ClutchClark said:

I know you're just being cynical, but would you really not want to hear about it? Would you rather that no news outlet covered tragic and heart-breaking stories like this? Do you really expect us to sit around with our heads up our ... and praising the lord that we can live a besotted life in La-La Land?

Regardless of Nana etc, it's a story that must be told.

As for the teacher (scumdog filth) ... it's widely known (NGO and govt reports and anecdotal evidence) that teachers in many villages (along with cops and headmen and so on) operate as scouts for prostitution rings. When they spot a girl with "potential", they arrange for an agent to go to the village to secure a downpayment on the girl with the parents, then when she's a bit older she is taken away and becomes the agent's property. I know of just such a story from 30 years ago, and the downpayment was, believe it or not, a new TV and a fridge. Everyone in the village knew about it, and none cared (because of kriengjai, Thailand's national burden). Sick, sick, sick.

Dexlowe,

Thanks for a decent post and not bringing my mother into this. ;-)

I had a poor choice of words. Ofcourse, this should be news and the police authorities should be commended on their investigative efforts. Those found guilty of "knowingly" having sex with a minor should suffer punishment. 

Its just that its not surprising to read of these types of events when sex is the commodity it is here in Thailand and women's rights are non-existent. Girls are raised to believe they are inferior and worthless by even their own grandmothers who make no secret of how much they prefer grandsons. 

Women in Thailand are raised to believe they have no worth or value. I see it even in my own extended family. 

Edited by ClutchClark

3 hours ago, ClutchClark said:
6 hours ago, isaanbanhou said:

How dare you suggest my post "justifies the abuse of children". 

For the love of god man, get a hold of yourself and please attempt to respond without making this so personal. I am sorry if you have some personal experience on the subject of being forced into male prostitution as a child but making such accusations of others is way out of line. 

BTW, those posts above on a soapbox (no idea if they are yours) do absolutely nothing to stop events such as this occurring as you attempt to take credit for in your post.

No one here is promoting pedophelia. We are all against it. Relax.

I didn t suggest your post "justifies the abuse of children". 

Unless you are the only white educated adult on the forum. 

I stated you are lucky to have had a good childhood.  

How you find this offensive I don ' t understand

I never suggested I was a forced child male prostitute nor did I suggest you were.

I never suggested my post saved children from prostitution.

Edited by isaanbanhou

7 minutes ago, isaanbanhou said:

I didn t suggest your post "justifies the abuse of children". 

Unless you are the only white educated adult on the forum. 

I stated you are lucky to have had a good childhood.  

How you find this offensive I don ' t understand

I never suggested I was a forced child male prostitute nor did I suggest you were.

I never suggested my post saved children from prostitution.

Well I am glad thats been cleared up. 

When you include a quote of another post then its typical the response is focused at that quoted poster.

I just spent the morning at the Flower Market. Its full of young males being exploited for their bodies by being forced to push around loads of merchandise.

I can’t help but wonder if any of them would trade that physical labor for the task of having sexual relations with a female?

Everytime I go to that market I am reminded immediately how little I understand about the Asian thought process.

This includes even the topic of sexual relations in the absence of a Christian indoctrination.

Having been a farmer/rancher my entire life I would equate my understanding of the Thai concept of intercourse to be more in line with a breeding pair of Angus. A bodily function not much different than going to the loo.