'The Partridge Family' star and singer David Cassidy hospitalized

webfact

'The Partridge Family' star and singer David Cassidy hospitalized

tag_reuters.jpg

David Cassidy smiles for photographers outside the Phoenix theatre in London, Britain October 23, 1995. REUTERS/Andrew Shaw/Files

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Singer and actor David Cassidy, a 1970s teen heartthrob who starred in "The Partridge Family" television show, entered a hospital this week for treatment of liver failure, his spokeswoman said on Saturday.

Cassidy's family was with him, and the 67-year-old hoped to receive a liver transplant, his publicist Jo-Ann Geffen said.

In "The Partridge Family," Cassidy played a young man named Keith whose widowed mother formed a touring pop band with her children, including himself. Cassidy's character sang lead.

The sitcom ran from 1970 to 1974 and produced a number of hit songs in real life, including "I Think I Love You," which reached No. 1 on the Billboard chart in November 1970.

In the show, Cassidy's stepmother, Shirley Jones, played his fictional mother, Shirley Partridge. Cassidy's own parents, Evelyn Ward and Jack Cassidy, were both actors.

On his own, Cassidy released several successful albums, beginning with his debut, "Cherish," in 1972, and drew huge crowds at concerts. His fan club in the 1970s was one of the largest of its kind.

Cassidy kept touring and recording after his role as Keith Partridge ended in 1974, performing on Broadway in New York, in London's West End and in Las Vegas.

After checking into a hospital earlier this week, Cassidy went into a medically induced coma, but he has since regained consciousness, Geffen said by phone.

The singer and actor, a Florida resident, was diagnosed with early-stage dementia about two years ago, Geffen said.

Cassidy, in an appearance on the talk show "Dr. Phil" earlier this year, opened up about the diagnosis, saying his mother and grandfather also both suffered from dementia.

"When friends of yours or family members begin to say to you, 'Remember, I just told you this two days ago?' and there's no memory of it ... That's when I began to be very concerned," Cassidy said on the program.

(Reporting by Alex Dobuzinskis in Los Angeles, Additional reporting by Daniel Trotta in New York; Editing by David Gregorio)

reuters_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Reuters 2017-11-20

I remember his days of being very famous, all the girls wanted to be with him and all the man wanted to be like him, he was a handsome dude in them days and popular to boot, sadly, alcohol and maybe drugs and god knows what else, take a toll on a man, and these are the bad outcomes of such reckless indulgent....

1 hour ago, ezzra said:

I remember his days of being very famous, all the girls wanted to be with him and all the man wanted to be like him, he was a handsome dude in them days and popular to boot, sadly, alcohol and maybe drugs and god knows what else, take a toll on a man, and these are the bad outcomes of such reckless indulgent....

Abstinance, Temperance and Rock n Roll is  boring my friend.  

david-cassidy-g4ydrh.jpg

30 minutes ago, chaihot said:

No disrespect meant to David, and I wish him the best, but as a religious devotee to that show, my attention was boner-based on Susan Dey. :)

Only remember her from LA Law, never realised she was on the Partridge Family, I was just too young for those interests in 1970.

Thanks.

Edited by stevenl

I'm with PA.  'Not looking good, and I doubt if he'd be a candidate for a liver - or any other organ - transplant even if one were readily available.  I don't think his dementia necessarily has much to do with substance abuse as it apparently runs in his family, as dementia often does. 

5 hours ago, chaihot said:

No disrespect meant to David, and I wish him the best, but as a religious devotee to that show, my attention was boner-based on Susan Dey. :)

4 hours ago, stevenl said:

Only remember her from LA Law, never realised she was on the Partridge Family, I was just too young for those interests in 1970.

Thanks.

Related image

Image result for susan dey and david cassidy

Image result for susan dey and david cassidy

4 hours ago, InMyShadow said:
18 hours ago, chaihot said:

you will thrive in Thailand. she was a flat chested skinny little runt

At 170cm she was the tallest of the cast, and decidedly tasty.

6 minutes ago, PattayaAngel said:

Yes David is dying but let the 'tasteless' concentrate on a member of the cast they fancy. I hope he pulls through and you re-think your response.

Oh, another self-appointed would-be moderator telling us what we should think and post. After rethinking, I am quite sure my expression of a 40 year old admiration of the young Susan Dey will have absolutely no effect on David's chances of recovery.

BTW we are all dying, some are just doing it faster than others. Nobody gets out alive.

8 minutes ago, halloween said:

Oh, another self-appointed would-be moderator telling us what we should think and post. After rethinking, I am quite sure my expression of a 40 year old admiration of the young Susan Dey will have absolutely no effect on David's chances of recovery.

BTW we are all dying, some are just doing it faster than others. Nobody gets out alive.

Nothing of the sort but you should put an eye to your insensitivity for a dying man. This thread is not about your lust for a female cast member but 1/10 for the compassion. 

David Cassidy Dead at 67 After Suffering Organ Failure

By Kathy Campbell

David Cassidy died in Florida on Tuesday, November 21, days after he was admitted to hospital suffering organ failure, Us Weekly can confirm.

“On behalf of the entire Cassidy family, it is with great sadness that we announce the passing of our father, our uncle, and our dear brother, David Cassidy,” the family said in a statement to Us. “David died surrounded by those he loved, with joy in his heart and free from the pain that had gripped him for so long. Thank you for the abundance and support you have shown him these many years.”

Full story: https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/david-cassidy-dead-former-pop-idol-dies-at-67/

-- US MAGAZINE 2017-11-22