Que for Ozzies in Thailand. Do you think the THB/AUD will go down?

davidst01

On ‎11‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 11:18 AM, davidst01 said:

Is it best to send wads of money over here now just in case whilst the rate is good

If I did that the rate would go the other way.

Anyway, given your government is in strife, you can't sell much dirt anymore and your car industry is vanishing with an additional 50,000 going on welfare, I'd bet on the economy going down the gurgler. Expect AUD to be good for not much baht, IMO.

Whatever, I've always been wrong on exchange rates.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On ‎11‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 7:11 AM, Aussieroaming said:

And why would I lie about my income you numpty, that might be more your style.

See below a portion of my October payslip, note that its in $US and local currency, multiply x 12 and convert to AUD and tell me whether it exceeds the $500K quoted. Add annual leave accrual and its probable closer to $600K AUD. Note that I work off-shore and pay 10% tax hence my take home pay each month is the bottom figure.

When you have finished crunching the numbers, crawl back under your rock and go back to sleep

Type Period Amount
2. Deducted     USD KZT
Income tax Oct 17 4,091.40 1,368,655.13

Total deducted   4,091.40 1,368,655.13
Company Debt at the end of the month:
(Exchange Rate: 334,52)
36,822.60 12,317,895.17

If you earned that much you shouldn't need any government pension to stay in LOS, unless you spent it all on wine and women, and wasted the rest.

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

If you earned that much you shouldn't need any government pension to stay in LOS, unless you spent it all on wine and women, and wasted the rest.

As I stated earlier I don't have any intention of trying to qualify for a pension when that time comes. I spend about 80-90% of my time on site, in a dry camp (no alcohol) and my wife would slaughter me if i spent the rest on women. I'm non resident in Australia, so going back for a qualifying period wouldn't interest me. As for my income, I consider it a opportunity not to waste.

20 hours ago, Aussieroaming said:

As I stated earlier I don't have any intention of trying to qualify for a pension when that time comes. I spend about 80-90% of my time on site, in a dry camp (no alcohol) and my wife would slaughter me if i spent the rest on women. I'm non resident in Australia, so going back for a qualifying period wouldn't interest me. As for my income, I consider it a opportunity not to waste.

spent it all on wine and women, and wasted the rest.

is a well known in joke for expats in LOS. I didn't expect you to take it seriously.

Jai yen, jai yen.

3 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

spent it all on wine and women, and wasted the rest.

is a well known in joke for expats in LOS. I didn't expect you to take it seriously.

Jai yen, jai yen.

Well I did spend a few years doing exactly that (wine, women and wastage) before i realised that the opportunity could cease at any time, so joking aside I take it all a bit more seriously now. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/23/2017 at 1:29 PM, steven100 said:

I think it will be around the 25 near term anyway ....  It did drop some but I think a slight correction will take place .. just my opinion.

exactly as I anticipated .....   on the up towards 25.00 /  $1  AUD