Thai Army denies ‘suspicious circumstances’ claim in death of teenage cadet

webfact

Any news on the young guy shot dead in the north of Thailand yet, the one that allegedly puled a hand grenade, and it was all caught on CCTV?

No, nor will there be any word.

Not so much on the back burner as fallen down the back of the stove.
When that happens of course it may stink for a bit but sooner or later the smell goes away...

Sent from my KENNY using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Military establishments often appear to be a law unto themselves - not just Thailand.

I remember a few years ago, a young soldier was deemed to have committed suicide at Aldershot (?) by shooting himself twice in the head!

I know where I need to go now for proper medical diagnosis, some army dumbass. For someone to come out and say that a death is not related to a near death experience a month earlier must mean they have an in-depth medical knowledge and training and personal experience of the individuals medical needs. Or, when the previous experience occurred should the individual have not had on-going monitoring to ensure there were no long term effects...but..he was a sickly individual, probably was always going to die, nothing to do with us, he got lots of free medical treatment anyway !!!

1 hour ago, SiSePuede419 said:

The biggest danger to a Thai soldier is on the "friendly" side of the battle line. ?

I agree with what you say, but would add that that in modern times there has never been an "unfriendly" side, because of the absence of battles. I'm baffled as to how all these Thai generals earned their 'scrambled eggs' and medals, and why the numbers of military personnel are so disproportionately high for a country of Thailand's populace and location? 

7 hours ago, greatwhitenorth said:

His brain was missing from his skull and internal organs were missing from his abdomen when his body was presented to his parents.  That's a hell of a heart attack.

If the brain is removed for examination during an autopsy (not unusual), it is not usually returned to the skull as it expands and won't fit. The usual score then is to place the brain in the abdomen after the autopsy.

In this case I would guess they couldn't be bothered and binned the bits, but nevertheless having a brain missing from a skull after a thorough autopsy is not unusual anywhere in the world.

3 hours ago, sambum said:

Military establishments often appear to be a law unto themselves - not just Thailand.

I remember a few years ago, a young soldier was deemed to have committed suicide at Aldershot (?) by shooting himself twice in the head!

That's nowt, that. My Brother's missus told me of a guy who topped himself in her native Poland. 6 times in the head then reloaded to finish the job.

Oddly enough, some weren't entirely convinced by the 'suicide' verdict...

47 minutes ago, mrfill said:

If the brain is removed for examination during an autopsy (not unusual), it is not usually returned to the skull as it expands and won't fit. The usual score then is to place the brain in the abdomen after the autopsy.

In this case I would guess they couldn't be bothered and binned the bits, but nevertheless having a brain missing from a skull after a thorough autopsy is not unusual anywhere in the world.

You do know I am going to have nightmares after reading that...??