Broke American Man Complains He Can’t Afford Dowry For Young Thai Girlfriend

webfact

On 11/22/2017 at 4:38 PM, Jingthing said:

A question -- that lady is really going to be allowed to go to the USA? Bar background. Getting married to an unemployed man. I thought such cases were instant rejects. 

In the UK, the guy had to supply six months wage slips, among other things. I don't know how much it is now, I would assume it will be similar in the US.

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

David had just lost his job, house, and recently recovered from a stroke when he went to Thailand in 2016, hoping to rebuild his life with a new romantic adventure. There, he met Annie, a 24-year-old bar singer who would soon be his fiancée.

Once upon a time, there was a...............:w00t:

12 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

In the UK, the guy had to supply six months wage slips, among other things. I don't know how much it is now, I would assume it will be similar in the US.

£18,600 pa ($24600) for 6 months prior and 5 years joint earnings at that for citizenship. £8000 in fees approx.

45 minutes ago, jenny2017 said:

David had just lost his job, house, and recently recovered from a stroke when he went to Thailand in 2016, hoping to rebuild his life with a new romantic adventure. There, he met Annie, a 24-year-old bar singer who would soon be his fiancée.

Once upon a time, there was a...............:w00t:

Maybe i should have met Annie? I see she is a bar singer something i would have in common with her I don't mind belting out a tune especially when I am drunk. Good team we would be her singing and be pouring me a drink and i will get drunker and sing more

On 11/22/2017 at 4:38 PM, Jingthing said:

A question -- that lady is really going to be allowed to go to the USA? Bar background. Getting married to an unemployed man. I thought such cases were instant rejects. 

What do you mean, "bar background"?

Just because you live in Pattaya, don't assume that all people who work in bars are prostitutes.

26 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

What do you mean, "bar background"?

Just because you live in Pattaya, don't assume that all people who work in bars are prostitutes.

You have right - prostitutes work as well part-time as nurses, in 7-Eleven or can even be students - those who work full-time in beer bars are at least honest about it....:whistling:

https://www.timeshighereducation.com/news/prostitution-rife-on-thai-campuses/148262.article

Interesting study:

Female Prostitution in Thailand  - looked upon a victim-agent framework

https://www.diva-portal.org/smash/get/diva2:558735/FULLTEXT01.pdf

"10 days" says it all. At least she knew he had no money and still got on the plane with him. Many Thais do not like leaving Thailand. I saw a tv show where I think it was his daughter threw a glass of water over him for abandoning her. These days with WhatApp etc it is cheap to keep in touch anywhere if one wants to! Maybe they are just very clever and will soon have 1,000,000.000,000,0000 plus intergalactic views on YouTube and make $ 100,000,000's  

3 hours ago, possum1931 said:

Yes as the UK is full of immigrants allowed in mostly Eastern Europeans and Commonwealth people so mostly from poorer countries many working for cash jobs, restaurants, etc paying no tax and sending money home and after 5 years have paid for a house in their country and leave all the time getting free health care even a surgery worth 100,000's if they require. Great freebie I blame the government not these free riders. Please don't quote the UK why do you think people voted for Brexit!

On 3/5/2018 at 1:50 AM, phetpeter said:

a dowry is only paid for first marriage, if she has been married before or has kids, then she is used goods, has had the money. My wife of 16 years stated that to me when we first got together, In fact, she decided that we go to the UK to get married then there would be no gossip, or pressure to show the villagers money. Her decisions and has she stated she doesn't need to show off with gold dripping around her neck, arms or fingers. If fact she once sold her gold to pay towards for my heart stent,  8 years ago. In fact she is prouder of her car  "swift" which is worth alot more than several baht of gold round her neck. Because it gives freedom, instead of sitting on the back of a motorbike.

Is she from a rural village in Isarn, yes for sure but you will probably say no. Thais for example in Bangkok are much more educated and don't judge people on such basic concepts. She does not work so puts in zero money as she had to sell gold YOU PAID FOR so yes you are paying a dowry just the schedule is different. Again Thailand is so far in the past most Western ladies now want to contribute by working! 

6 minutes ago, AdamTheFarang said:

Wow you are not very romantic not all girls are bargirls!

And you are not very realistic about women in general. You're the one who assumed the comment was in response to her working in a bar. Ask any married man anywhere in the world at any time in history and they will all tell you that the pink is never free. In fact, the most expensive poontang is the one somebody marries.

4 minutes ago, DicksonPhisthur said:

And you are not very realistic about women in general. You're the one who assumed the comment was in response to her working in a bar. Ask any married man anywhere in the world at any time in history and they will all tell you that the pink is never free. In fact, the most expensive poontang is the one somebody marries.

Most young ladies work now......stay at home husbands etc. Where have you been on a remote island for the last 10 years?

2 minutes ago, AdamTheFarang said:

Most young ladies work now......stay at home husbands etc. Where have you been on a remote island for the last 10 years?

House husbands? HAHAHAHAHA, right! You mean unemployable bums who double as sperm doners, right? No self respecting man with any testosterone will take on that roll, so I assume you're speaking for yourself. Do you wear one of those phony tit things so you can pretend to breast feed the kid? And do you get your uterus checked regularly? HAHAHAHAHAHA .........................

Males can be very naive and out of touch.

I know several who met a Thai girl,  bought a house and she her kids and Mom moved in.  Then bought a motorbike or a car.  Buy all the food and of course pay for any and all incidents that come up.  All this while saying " I give her nothing".

Next thing you know they are left in the dust with nothing.

Males in general need to stand up for themselves and make the rules.

Way too many weak males I see in Thailand especially from the US and UK.

Repeating the same patterns they did in the past.

Just my observation. 

3 minutes ago, DicksonPhisthur said:

House husbands? HAHAHAHAHA, right! You mean unemployable bums who double as sperm doners, right? No self respecting man with any testosterone will take on that roll, so I assume you're speaking for yourself. Do you wear one of those phony tit things so you can pretend to breast feed the kid? And do you get your uterus checked regularly? HAHAHAHAHAHA .........................

No I work very hard and self-made, but I am realistic in the trends of society. You have a lot of inner anger, you should take advantage of another modern trend and go and see a psychiatrist and then you can think like a Thai.

Just now, AdamTheFarang said:

No I work very hard and self-made, but I am realistic in the trends of society. You have a lot of inner anger, you should take advantage of another modern trend and go and see a psychiatrist and then you can think like a Thai.

Oh you are precious indeed. Go see a psychiatrist so I can think like a Thai? Thank you for that little bit of comedy gold.

5 minutes ago, DicksonPhisthur said:

Oh you are precious indeed. Go see a psychiatrist so I can think like a Thai? Thank you for that little bit of comedy gold.

Surely as you are in Thailand (I know you say Tokyo but that's a lie) you want to think like a Thai. Maybe even a ladyboy as you sound very frustrated. Comedy platinum mate with diamonds studs in both ears!!!!!!!

29 minutes ago, DicksonPhisthur said:

It can be free 

Depends if you are the same age etc 

Old men paying for sex with girls decades younger is not really the norm (outside of thaivisa) 

38 minutes ago, AdamTheFarang said:

Yes as the UK is full of immigrants allowed in mostly Eastern Europeans and Commonwealth people so mostly from poorer countries many working for cash jobs, restaurants, etc paying no tax and sending money home and after 5 years have paid for a house in their country and leave all the time getting free health care even a surgery worth 100,000's if they require. Great freebie I blame the government not these free riders. Please don't quote the UK why do you think people voted for Brexit!

I know why I think people voted for brexit, but to say why will derail this overly long running thread...

1 minute ago, Bluespunk said:

I know why I think people voted for brexit, but to say why will derail this overly long running thread...

Being from a rich country they probably would make him jump through many hoops and Annie from Thailand not being a previous colony and having the reputation for being a country full of hookers they might worry if they let her in and she leaves him will she be a hooker?

2 minutes ago, AdamTheFarang said:

Being from a rich country they probably would make him jump through many hoops and Annie from Thailand not being a previous colony and having the reputation for being a country full of hookers they might worry if they let her in and she leaves him will she be a hooker?

What has that got to do with my post?

On 11/22/2017 at 3:26 PM, webfact said:

A 48-year-old American divorcee, who is reportedly homeless and broke, captured the heart of a Thai woman half his age, albeit at a price he might not be able to afford in the long run. 

I'm sure she loves him because of his good looks and kindness... ?

Archived