Broke American Man Complains He Can’t Afford Dowry For Young Thai Girlfriend

webfact

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a surprise! On my more than 45 dates with Thai women during my first year of my 3 years of single life here, at least 40 asked if I have money to buy them a house, a car, etc, etc... even after the first night. After that, I decided to tell everyone before even dating, that I was living with my $1000/month retirement and without any intention in buy any house or car. I saved a lot of time and energy until I found the right Thai woman for myself 6 years ago. But...I know many "farangs" very happy not only in showing off, also in buying to a Thai woman that they just met or marry, more than they never did before to any woman in their lives. Well.... That may be one of the reasons why Thai women are so "happy" in get a farang in their lives..and its are so skilled in show false "love" and "fidelity"..at their 20's to men in their 50's. I have to admitt. Thai women are very good in that, very smart too, and they mastered how to catch a naive farang. 

Money Money Money it’s clear from watching the video that’s all she is interested in when she says to the camera it will be goodbye she meant it . The foolish man needs to ditch her because tomorrow she will be back in the bars with no thoughts whatsoever. As far as she is concerned it’s all in a days work !

On 11/22/2017 at 3:55 PM, TVGerry said:

So stupid.

Why do these gold diggers think just because a guy is white, he'll have money? Sad to say but a lot of white trash come to Thailand! 

They think that because he can afford to fly to Thailand he has money!

3 hours ago, MatteoBassini said:

This dowry thing is a stupid tradition anyway, he shouldn't even give them 1 baht even if he had $10,000,000 in the bank.

In the UK the father of the bride is expected to pay for the wedding - I wonder how that would go down in Thailand - rather like the Titanic I would assume!

5 hours ago, OldSiamHand said:

Hardly a scam.   a longstanding part of the culture here

The oldest and WORST rationale for buying a wife. If the local tradition was cannibalism, would you participate?

Western people give undue respect to traditions that have outlived their usefulness. I live in the 21st century.

"No emergency money..."

Emergency money is for emergency stuff, not a wedding, crazy lady. 

So glad I`m not married with something like that. Dude, do yourself a favor and walk away before you`re too deep into it... Plenty of Thai women to choose from. Not everyone is like that. If she had been European/American, you would already be gone, just saying.

White Farang ? who said that should of been Idiot white farang whose brains are located in his willy which has not seen the light of (Day) for years goes to Thrilland and finds daylight in a very overused orifice which he has to throw lots of his hard earned money into to for maintenance, Sinsod translated means sillysod

2 hours ago, Jools said:

The oldest and WORST rationale for buying a wife. If the local tradition was cannibalism, would you participate?

Western people give undue respect to traditions that have outlived their usefulness. I live in the 21st century.

You're right in a way, but the way I look at such traditions is not that they are better or worse than traditions from our cultures, but simply different, that's all.

A sinsot is part of the tradition here, whether you are rich or poor although the amounts that should be asked for vary greatly depending on the status of the bride's family.

Watching the series, the original 500,000 Baht wanted by the bride's family is of course a joke. Only a foolish westerner would give that much money to such a poor family - the maximum should be 100,000 or maybe if pushing it 200,000. 500,000 is the average for a middle class family (the family of the bride, coming from a very rural part of Beung Kan province, which is one of the remotest parts of Isarn straddled up on the border next to the Lao province of Bolikamsai is clearly not middle class), 1 million or more is usually requested by upper middle class families living in Bangkok. Fortunately this guy is not a sucker (or perhaps he is, but because all his money is tied up in his ex-wife he can't afford to be) so he could only offer 50,000, which was accepted, but he also needed to come up with a couple of buffalos too.

Living in America initially with his friend, who has a family of his own was the strangest part.

Probably more than a few husbands would like to see their wives ending up in a steak pie.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

On ‎11‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 2:45 AM, tifino said:

probably wasn't till the 11th day. before she started hearing truths

This is just too rich for me to believe. Otherwise, this is one of the most ignorant foreigners to fall for a pretty Thai girl. Buddy, your troubles have just begun and you will never see the big truck coming that is going to run over you and wreck your life. You better go back home to mama and let her feed you because it does not sound like you are going to be eating fried rice with little miss singer's parents any time soon. You are going to be so dazed and confused before miss singer is through fleecing you.    No Tickee No Laundree in Thailand...

16 hours ago, OldSiamHand said:

so true.  facial expressions, level of interest, willingness to get close physically, reaction to the guy getting close physically are all priceless indicators of how women feel.  many of these guys simply tune out to these.

Nice to see that 2 of us are awake. Good post.

On 11/23/2017 at 4:59 PM, MatteoBassini said:

This dowry thing is a stupid tradition anyway, he shouldn't even give them 1 baht even if he had $10,000,000 in the bank.

perhaps if the bride has a lucrative profession and or real business then one might consider the dowry as buying into the business and /or future earnings

On 11/23/2017 at 11:58 PM, FatVern said:

I wonder what the parents would say if he offered them a brand new $10 bill and two buffalo wings. Spicy though. I bet they'd jump all over it.

A ten million $ bill, perhaps with Ronald on it? 

P.S. Please DON"T Copy. 

Big bill.jpg

Archived