Broke American Man Complains He Can’t Afford Dowry For Young Thai Girlfriend

webfact

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/23/2017 at 2:15 AM, theguyfromanotherforum said:

The only denial comes from yourself. 99.99% of the women in the west would not settle with someone much older for the financial stability.....  not even the hardcore prostitutes. The rest of your post that I cut off is very contradictory with this very paragraph on so many levels. Like someone said.... save if for the Guardian :sleepy:

It is easy to philosophize from Thailand where many women live in absolute poverty and have no other choice. Women with money in Thailand will certainly not settle for someone like yourself. 

Just a bit of honesty here..... ok?

You confirmed my theory. Most live in a constant state of denial.

On ‎11‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 9:51 AM, jayboy said:

A dowry is strictly speaking the transfer of property or money from the bride's family and is payable to the groom.Now that would set the cat among the pigeons if interpreted in its proper sense in Thailand.

maybe your right but the practice should be more like...parents keep the money. When there is a big need or even a divorce, the money can go to the bride.

On 11/27/2017 at 4:12 AM, mejomini said:

Cheap farang. You want to marry and cannot support a wife? Trailer trash.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Terrible thing to say. After WWII, my parents married basically on  shoestring budget, worked hard and accumulated a reasonably healthy "fortune' over the years. The question is: "Why do young people today expect the same things now which their parents worked a lifetime to acquire?" If a person wants 11 baht [weight] of gold, then go work and save for it!   NO, can't do that!  It's all got to be NOW! NOW! now.

• 3 months later...

a dowry is only paid for first marriage, if she has been married before or has kids, then she is used goods, has had the money. My wife of 16 years stated that to me when we first got together, In fact, she decided that we go to the UK to get married then there would be no gossip, or pressure to show the villagers money. Her decisions and has she stated she doesn't need to show off with gold dripping around her neck, arms or fingers. If fact she once sold her gold to pay towards for my heart stent,  8 years ago. In fact she is prouder of her car  "swift" which is worth alot more than several baht of gold round her neck. Because it gives freedom, instead of sitting on the back of a motorbike.

1 hour ago, phetpeter said:

a dowry is only paid for first marriage, if she has been married before or has kids, then she is used goods, has had the money. My wife of 16 years stated that to me when we first got together, In fact, she decided that we go to the UK to get married then there would be no gossip, or pressure to show the villagers money. Her decisions and has she stated she doesn't need to show off with gold dripping around her neck, arms or fingers. If fact she once sold her gold to pay towards for my heart stent,  8 years ago. In fact she is prouder of her car  "swift" which is worth alot more than several baht of gold round her neck. Because it gives freedom, instead of sitting on the back of a motorbike.

Good for you man.  Sounds like a combination of a basically good woman, with some common sense, and maybe real love and appreciation.

1 minute ago, gk10002000 said:

Good for you man.  Sounds like a combination of a basically good woman, with some common sense, and maybe real love and appreciation.

The suggested woman package containing "goodness, common sence, real love and appreication" seems too good to be true, and it probably is...:coffee1:

20 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

And of course the marriage is water tight in the UK smart girl.

On 3/5/2018 at 4:51 PM, F4UCorsair said:

Saved by a lack of cash.  Well done David!!

My wife played this drama for me on YouTube a few month's back. The truth is David's friend paid for everything, and he's had enough. His friend's wife is also very upset because David and his Thai girl were staying with them and she wasn't even consulted. It's also extremely obvious that the 24 years old "bar singer" has absolutely no interest in him whatsoever. She has a very caustic personality.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎22‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 6:59 PM, tifino said:

wedding vows:

"I Love You" because I need You

and

"I Need You" because I Love You

these two innocents? really take the cake!

Something tells me it's all contrived for the media,  too well orchestrated to be accepted as authentic. 

• 3 months later...
On 11/22/2017 at 3:55 PM, TVGerry said:

So stupid.

Why do these gold diggers think just because a guy is white, he'll have money? Sad to say but a lot of white trash come to Thailand! 

Yes, that's these guys young and old who come to Thailand, mainly Pattaya, and walk about the streets bare chested, big bellied, and showing boobs. No shame at all.

On 11/22/2017 at 4:07 PM, rebo said:

"David also had to buy two water buffalos as a gift for Annie’s parents."
Because where there is no water buffalo no water buffalo can get seriously sick ...
Great events seem to throw their shadows ahead ...

Maybe he will get the water buffalos back along with the dowry.:cheesy:

Archived