Act now covers simple possession of offensive material

webfact

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

I don't, but there must be lots of people with 'risque' pictures of their wives on digital stuff, what right would he have to fine you or jail you for what is your own personal 'family' business or lifestyle ?  

As the man stated openly to the media not so long ago: "I have that power". 

Best off not having any wild videos are pics on your computer.Or have them encrypted.I go into sites that Thai officials don’t know about.They can’t censor as many as there are.When you finished for the day clear it.You should be fine.

How about just arresting everyone! It appears everyone is breaking some new or archaic law here. I guess that’s why foreigners get that sense of lawlessness on arrival here because anything you do or say breaks some silly law somewhere and if it doesn’t they’ll bring up one that says covers it. In any case your always screwed if they want to make it so.

11 hours ago, baboon said:

Why would they want to bring this in at what is supposed (underlined) to be the run up to elections...?

It's a "catch all", with this ( and several other "catch alls" already on the books) they can arrest and imprison practically anyone they want whenever they want.

Question: How do they propose to enforce this act? House to house searches looking for computers which then get searched? Can they search a computer from afar electronically?

This seems like an impossibility, barring the "rat out the neighbour" syndrome because he looked at your daughter.

Got that right, jag. Something of a "one size fits all" law. Useful when they bungle a raid.... give them some reason to arrest the person(s) they wish to silence. Along the lines of that bust of Pattaya bridge players they ignorantly thought were gambling: "they didn't pay duty on their decks of cards!!!!"

1 minute ago, Cereal said:

Question: How do they propose to enforce this act? House to house searches looking for computers which then get searched? Can they search a computer from afar electronically?

This seems like an impossibility, barring the "rat out the neighbour" syndrome because he looked at your daughter.

It won't be enforced as such, it will be available to be used to " take down" anyone they want out of the way.

18 hours ago, rkidlad said:

They're really turning the screw now. These crazy ideas never lead to anywhere good. 

more fallout of the ultra-conservatism we are in now; this military bunch may cede ostensible power yet remain in shadowy control, however all the while, we are stuck with these goofy new laws

14 hours ago, KMartinHandyman said:

You could edit them down to 3 hip thrusts only.

A friend told me that he went to a private function held by school teachers in the north east and they had naked girls serving drinkies.

Hope no one has kept pics on their phones.:partytime2: