how many times were you conned before you wake up

opalred

i often think how many times people get conned by girls before they wake up

we are all weak as men when it comes to women

especially when the are younger and well built

men become jelly 

14yrs ago my first  being green

stole my camera and 300000b gemstones

the next i lived with and bought here young children down from mountain to go to school 

then found out was seeing other men

but you don't give up as found a top wife here 

8yrs of honest and  happy bliss

i think you have to have a couple of encounters before brain gets into gear

My first wife was a college professor from a large Midwestern university and she got me for a medium sized fortune .  My second wife was a wealthy business lady from Texas and she got what was left after the college professor finished.  

I came to Thailand and the bar girls have all been kind and loving and not demanded more than my spare change.  A refreshing difference to the West. 

12 minutes ago, amvet said:

My first wife was a college professor from a large Midwestern university and she got me for a medium sized fortune .  My second wife was a wealthy business lady from Texas and she got what was left after the college professor finished.  

I came to Thailand and the bar girls have all been kind and loving and not demanded more than my spare change.  A refreshing difference to the West. 

How did a wealthy Texas wife get you when marital property is equally devided?

Please elaborate on this BS story.

8 hours ago, theguyfromanotherforum said:

You get to keep what you came into the marriage with and the American legal system is tilted towards the female and the one with the better lawyer.  Property is not equally divided in reality.  I had a choice if I wanted to see my kids quitclaim everything to her.   She destroyed my business and slept with my best friend and partner in addition to screwing me in court. I watch them on facebook prance around with the big house and cars and around the world travels while I'm exiled to my Elba (Thailand).  But I don't mind.  I have many friends from Canada who tell me my sorrow and wasted life story is BS.  Happy Thanksgiving.  555

Woohoo!! Sounds like the OP has gotten himself a long gamer keeper.

7 hours ago, cyberfarang said:

Those who think with the dangly bits between their legs and not with the grey matter between their ears, get the women they deserve.

...and if they play their cards right and "barfine my sister me", they get a 3-some!

11 hours ago, theguyfromanotherforum said:

I can only speak for the UK but if kids are involved the wife or mother will get the kids unless she doesn't want them, is a druggie, lunatic or a raging alcoholic. Then the Court (so it says) puts the kids first so the kids need a house to live in and they  have to be with mother. Goodbye house for the guy !!

I say good on the OP ,i too have been conned,and lost a fair bit of money,but i have now been with the lady i am with for a year and a half and we are very happy. So many on here are/have become very cynical about Thai women ,but everyone is different,so i say good for the Op 8 years and happy,i hope in six and a half i can write the same.

13 hours ago, amvet said:

sounds like you've had a couple of relatively good years then  ...  :shock1:

Edited by steven100

19 minutes ago, steven100 said:

sounds like you've had a couple of relatively good years then  ...  :shock1:

Going on two decades and I never looked back.  The x's approached the divorce proceedings like the Allies approached the Treaty of Versailles after WWI.  But no one knew about Thailand.  No one knew I had friends here and a support system left over from the Army in the 1960's.  I never ate Thai food at home or spoke Thai to a passing Thai women in the street.  I kept my passport and travelers checks in a safety deposit box.  The family was shocked when one day I sold my business for cash and left on a plane.  All I took fit in a big suitcase. I would have burned my bridges except the divorce court had taken them all.