What Did You Do to Your Bike Today ?

canthai55

Asked here or can't remember where and how to insure an old motorbike nothing came of it. 

After many refusals and enquiries 

looks like I can get a additional type 3 third party cover which offers a bit more than CTPL. 

So looks like I can protect her the 27 year young bike a bit more. ????

• Like 1

Today I bought a tail tidy and rad guard. The rad guard is light work, but once I started the tail tidy I realized the electronics are a bit over my head. I'm thinking of skipping the light meant to illuminate the plate. I know that's illegal in the states but surely nobody here cares... right?

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, revgreen said:

Today I bought a tail tidy and rad guard. The rad guard is light work, but once I started the tail tidy I realized the electronics are a bit over my head. I'm thinking of skipping the light meant to illuminate the plate. I know that's illegal in the states but surely nobody here cares... right?

Right. ????

• Like 1

Thought I was on

On 9/21/2020 at 5:03 PM, Kwasaki said:

Asked here or can't remember where and how to insure an old motorbike nothing came of it. 

After many refusals and enquiries 

looks like I can get a additional type 3 third party cover which offers a bit more than CTPL. 

So looks like I can protect her the 27 year young bike a bit more. ????

After hopes of being told I can get extra voluntarily cover insurance on my bike told today Thai insurance companies won't insure it, it's too old they say.

10 to 12 years old is the cut off limit. 

Got a fuel cut off relay through post today ordered 29th August from China got to Thailand via Singapore 6th September but held at customs until 28th September. 

Ordered through Ali-express. 

Customs much be busy. ????

• Like 2

The problem with my bike as I see because of age it's rare I Thailand. 

Older bikes like say CB400 there wouldn't be a problem, a later CBR1000RR wouldn't be a problem either at the moment.

What annoys me is Honda not supporting bike that was announced as a classic after only 12 years and they got one in there museum, I would like to go to the museum with my tool box. ???????????? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Another problem but funny in UK my son asking for motorcycle parts in motorcycle shop for me,  they want the registration number of the bike, so his said the the bike is abroad I have the VIN number, Oh !  No I  want Reg No. OK then my son said can you read Thai. ????????????????

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Kwasaki said:

The problem with my bike as I see because of age it's rare I Thailand. 

Older bikes like say CB400 there wouldn't be a problem, a later CBR1000RR wouldn't be a problem either at the moment.

What annoys me is Honda not supporting bike that was announced as a classic after only 12 years and they got one in there museum, I would like to go to the museum with my tool box. ???????????? 

I'm contacting Honda in Japan I gotta make em lost face. ????????

• Haha 2

Thought this is a good thread looks like my bike is the only one not going at the moment. ????

Thought about yesterday but arrived today. 

New Plugs.

A spare fuel relay. 

An ICM spare on order. 

Trying to find a pulse generator spare too.

Webike not answering back yet maybe give sometime or do Japanese don't like losing face either. 

• Haha 1

Started my bike yesterday at last. 

So chuffed that the ICM is OK suspected it would be but with all the replacement parts I have bought and replaced I was losing hope. 

The main cause was the debris in tank blocking fuel filters. 

The fuel filter had still let some debris into the carbs, which I didn't think was happening but there ya go sure enough carbs off for the third time 3 idle jets blocked. 

Took carbs to my Thai friend mechanic who has a airline and got a much better clean than I could do. 

A decent blasting and a fine tune next. ????

• Like 1

2 hours ago, johng said:

Maybe you could try 2 fuel filters in series ?

Yeah thanks good idea but not much room for that but possible. 

So I have already left the tank

soaking in vinegar for 3 days before now and it seems to work well, so much muck came out. 

Washed it out with petrol, and kept draining it until no more muck that I can see comes out. 

I can keep an eye on the fuel filter and see how it goes. ????

• Like 2

Get a length of small chain - 30cm or so

Insert into tank after soaking with whatever you use and agitate the tank - shake it sideways, on its sides, upside down ...

This will loosen any metal that has formed flakes onto the tank, leaving a bright shiny finish.

Keep it full after treatment and use a small amount of FI cleaner to absorb any moisture.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, canthai55 said:

Insert into tank after soaking with whatever you use and agitate the tank - shake it sideways, on its sides, upside down ...

This will loosen any metal that has formed flakes onto the tank, leaving a bright shiny finish.

Keep it full after treatment and use a small amount of FI cleaner to absorb any moisture.

Good call. ????

I put a brush with a flexible stem into the end of a drill and got it to go as many places as possible within the inside of the tank that had been neglected for 6+ years.

I did as much as possible, I didn't want to write in thread too much like a book and put everybody to Sleep.

• Like 2

On 10/19/2020 at 8:44 PM, Kwasaki said:

Another idea for rubbing of tiny bits of internal slag from my lobster tail stainless front pipe. If I stick a threaded hook in an electric drill and maybe.....

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, teacherclaire said:

I found out with Gunson Color tune that the front ran too rich and used Colortune to set the pilot screw.

Runs like a racing machine now and idles like a Swiss Clock.

Gunson colortune back.jpg

Shhh! ????

Kwasaki sold me his one. 

• Haha 2