What Did You Do to Your Bike Today ?

canthai55

30 minutes ago, guzzi850m2 said:

My aging pcx150 from about 2013 or 14 had major service for the first time at almost 25k km, I had it since new.

Belt and rollers changed

Spark plug, air-filter, engine oil, transmission oil changed

Front brake pads worn down, changed.

Rear wheel bearings in very bad condition, changed.

2380 baht

Been dirt cheap to run all those years.

We have a 110 cc Yamaha Best II with 80,000 km on the clock. Not one part of the engine, not even of the carb was changed.

Only the ignition module died four times. And it goes 110 km/h with full compression. ( Of course am I not riding that fast on a bigger bicycle. )

Edited by teacherclaire
  • Like 2

On 11/29/2020 at 11:34 AM, taninthai said:

I had these on my versys ,,,only lasted 1 trip I would say most foam ones be similiar once they get wet they start falling apart especially the throttle side.B950A045-5739-404A-AA5F-9F584824485B.thumb.png.f43352d4e1685c3590ae8a601b6401d4.png

Found a skipping rope at a 20 baht shop which had sponge covers but then on a trip to BKK I went to the motorcycle parts store on Udom Suk and they didn't dissapoint. Flexible but not porous sponge. After some pantomime Thai, also got a nice red snail-like horn for  95 baht!

636441225652393341-Seger-Horn-60b.jpg

The hair spray, from 7-Eleven,  to ease fitment and to secure the foam covers cost almost as much as the horn!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, teacherclaire said:

I have two of them and you need to run a relay for them. They need a lot of juice and sound great. 

I am going for one to try and avoid re-wiring. There is no rating on the one I found but I think it is 60dB not 110 or...

Edited by VocalNeal
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

I am going for one to try and avoid re-wiring. There is no rating on the one I found but I think it is 60dB not 110 or...

They usually come in pairs. Mine were red when I bought the bike. Yours looks like this one:  https://www.amazon.com/VARWANEO-Trucks-Electric-Waterproof-Motorcycle/dp/B08LH6X3HC

Edited by teacherclaire

On 12/10/2020 at 3:40 PM, canthai55 said:

31683 km from new - PCX finally needed something ...

New bearing on the clutch. Replaced the belt also

Once I got it apart I decided to replace both sheave discs as well as the clutch weights.

Old ones not bad but could feel a bit of roughness. So ... since it was apart anyway

• Like 2

I took my exhaust off and wanted to replace it with some Cobras. When I was trying the gasket I've ordered from another e-bay seller it turned out that they sent me the wrong one.

Why do so many idiots offer certain parts for bikes and when you order them, it's something for a different bike? That destroyed my whole evening and my mood. 

All OEM parts back in and that was more than nasty. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, teacherclaire said:

When I was trying the gasket I've ordered from another e-bay seller it turned out that they sent me the wrong one.

Why not use the old one with a bead of high temp sealant?

• Like 1

Gonna take the Blade for blast in the aft then get it prepared for strip down to do the yoke bearings.

Horrible job but has to be done. 

Will take the spark plugs out and see how there burning while I'm at it. 

IMG_20201219_111155.thumb.jpg.8832b6b3be1b685c0b8ad1292c352a29.jpg

It says harden TSR steel and the set was $12 about £9.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, canthai55 said:

What grease you planning on packing them with ?

What I have always had in my toolbox in UK as I've had here in Thailand a super duper HT pot of grease.

Getting the <deleted> apart is going to be the challenge, I can just feel it. 

Everything I've been doing on all over this bike over a year now shows there has been some monkey spanner idiot messing with it. 

I retained the right side pannier thinking that the extra width would encourage motorists to give me a wider berth if passing . Today in the market whilst weaving between concrete posts the extra width was telling and I destroyed the box and bent the bracket. Oh well will have to make do with the tail box only now. ????

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, VocalNeal said:

I retained the right side pannier thinking that the extra width would encourage motorists to give me a wider berth if passing . Today in the market whilst weaving between concrete posts the extra width was telling and I destroyed the box and bent the bracket. Oh well will have to make do with the tail box only now. ????

Fling me life is tough buddy. ???? ????

8 minutes ago, bodga said:

walked past it  twice, its  under a  cover, probably never  use it again am sick of the Thai idiot  drivers, Honda CBR 650f 4000km in 5  years

Its a shame you feel unsafe I guess if you live in large city it's difficult to enjoy a good ride. 

Where I live in Sukhothai is a good place to ride out from and back to. 

On 12/19/2020 at 5:33 PM, VocalNeal said:

Glad your ok  it didn't dump you too hard. That came as quite a shock I bet.

• Like 1

Took bike for test ride after fitting new head yoke street bearing, certainly noticed the different.

She gave me a Xmas present though the headlights don't work only a small front central light,  everything else OK. 

So it's a Boxing Day job boxing the wire loom to find breaks. ????

• Like 2

Installed a bar behind the windshield so now my phone mount is in the centre just above the speedo so can view without moving my eyeline too far below the road. Not quite heads up but....

Edited by VocalNeal
  • Like 1