What Did You Do to Your Bike Today ?

canthai55

19 minutes ago, canthai55 said:

Those fairings make it Tuff - changed all my Forza plastics to White.

I feel your pain !

Yeah see where you're coming from  my Airblade scoot is much more of a pain dismantling bodywork to get to things than my Blade is.  ????

• Haha 1

Bike stripped as much as possible to get at plug cylinders so getting ready to do 'colortune' so rigging up a fuel line, it's hot in the carport so 3 fans to place that will be on full speed ????.

Changed the green type fuel pipe with proper original fuel pipe, maybe it would of been ok for a while as others have said but it had shrunk in size and become hard so that convinced me to change it.

92010955_232322031155447_271709857462091776_n.jpg.5c65de090855ab5b1eb53db41c1f5968.jpg92106457_679291759540664_6467781419866259456_n.jpg.e91f91b24e185e35d7035d9dba5105f8.jpg92290408_2661483197471657_1535169694120542208_n.jpg.b51b00ebfc047e37c863ed1d9c54424e.jpg

• Like 2

Coloortune on this type of bike impossible can't see blue yellow nowt,  should of stuck to the old fashion manual way which still needs stripping down to how I have the bike now so only $55 down the drain. ????

1 Coloortune kit going cheap. ????

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

Kwasaki , dont give up just yet. The colors are very faint/dim. They will be better seen if you are in a shaded area , or when its going dusk. Any daylight will render the colors too faint. Can you work in the shade/under a tarp/in the evening.

Harder - with unleaded fuel - to get a good color on the insulator.

I have found that buying one of those illuminated lighted magnifiers allows you to look up into the insulator and get a good view.

Also good to see if there are tiny specks of shiny stuff too - could be glitter from Xmas - but most likely small flecks of aluminum from the piston crown if running lean.

il mag.jpg

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, ktm jeff said:

Kwasaki , dont give up just yet. The colors are very faint/dim. They will be better seen if you are in a shaded area , or when its going dusk. Any daylight will render the colors too faint. Can you work in the shade/under a tarp/in the evening.

Do it at night. Just like the young kid down the street who revs his bike... 

Serious? Is the periscope bit plastic? Can you cut and shut it so it fits?

Edited by VocalNeal
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

Do it at night. Just like the young kid down the street who revs his bike... 

Serious? Is the periscope bit plastic? Can you cut and shut it so it fits?

Thanks, yes and I did try all sorts of ways. just to explain.

What makes it nigh on impossible is the engine in the frame position and a 10mm plug size in a deep recess within the cam head cover.

I re-positioned the coils so I had better access to no avail.

I guess it could be possible to use colortune if the cam cover was removed, the cam head would have to be removed to get to No.4 cylinder plug anyway.

I think would of been good to use this new tech stuff but never mind.

The way I go will be tacho idle drop procedure which is what I have done before when I had the same bike in UK, when fitting carbs with dyno jet & needle kits.

The adjustment I assume will be small, engine sounds good with just factory set up position, idles sweet, and the throttle blips without hesitation and under power the bike drives instantly on road acceleration.  

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Rhys said:

At 15K   took the CBR 300R for RnR of Chain rings: Front and Back, and chain... The chain is too loose and was past the max tightening marks..

Just take a chain link out. ????????

6 hours ago, Rhys said:

At 15K   took the CBR 300R for RnR of Chain rings: Front and Back, and chain... The chain is too loose and was past the max tightening marks..

Did the original Honda chain/sprockets only last 15K ?. What was the make , and what did you replace it with. What type of chains/sprockets are people using on their off-road and road bikes ?.

On 4/16/2020 at 6:08 PM, EVENKEEL said:

Gave the thought of riding today some consideration, all set for tomorrow. 

So did I cause I got bike back together again after having the tank sprayed around the bottom edge.

IMG_20200418_084643.thumb.jpg.673b42722ab9937cb7b672aca7e3c359.jpg

I'll wait till tomorrow morning too it's now 42 degrees now. ????

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 6/8/2020 at 8:03 PM, Kwasaki said:

Got my new lightweight rad through today it's been stuck in Singapore.

It's a beaut.

102920488_583133665529562_5005385216675600984_n.jpg.9c07756ebcd36bc30cf166d40b1b680b.jpg

You must have been lucky my exhaust is still in Sing. They say no flights.

6 hours ago, VocalNeal said:

You must have been lucky my exhaust is still in Sing. They say no flights.

You have old motorcycles to yes? how do you go about insure do you just self-finance or just make do with CTPL. ? 

Edited by Kwasaki