What Did You Do to Your Bike Today ?

canthai55

KTM Duke 200

bought about a year back.

Put almost 5Kkm on her.

Noticed a slow-speed rattle.

Thought timing chain tensioner.

Mech rode and said bad chain and drive sprocket.

Sprocket on 2-month order delay.

New X-ring chain B1300 cured it.

• Like 1

What I did for 3 days is for a few hours a day changed head stock bearings. 

All back together but pulling the harness out the way and shoving it back headlights not working. 

Checking the wiring found the output from the 2 relays to the headlights there's a short out. 

For now just wired directly from the relay input sockets to the head lights nearside high beam offside dipped beam. 

It will do for now until I buy some wire and make up a new part harness and rewire that section.????

• Like 2

3 hours ago, canthai55 said:

Nothing worse than old wiring.

When the wet comes, if you want to spend some time off the road, buy some hi quality wire and replace everything.

You will never have problems again caused by old wire.

Ancor is what I use, tinned copper. Great stuff.

https://www.ancorproducts.com/en/products/wire-and-cable

Thanks buddy I've bookmark that. ???? 

• Like 1

changed the gear oil in the tiny differential in rear of scooter. ATF came out. it has a very slight " scooter whine" wheel bearings? some cvt pulley issue? you've heard this im sure. some fino passes you positively wailing, and you're like " what the heck" is that noise? i always thought low on gear oil. apparently not

Edited by cali4995
  • Confused 1

Not today, but yesterday, I made a review video about my Honda ADV150 and experience with the bike over the last 9,000 KMs. The film covers the whole bike and it's features however for those who already know the bike then the end section shows the performance modifications made. It made a huge difference to acceleration and responsiveness. I also had the front suspension forks modified. The modifications part starts at 17 minutes and 16 seconds if you want to skip the whole review.

• Thanks 2

On 11/26/2017 at 5:20 AM, thaiguzzi said:

Had the tanks 'n seats off the ty mono's. Had to get at the stator leads (3 wire loom...) to check resistance.

Pulse coil readings were way off and the same on both bikes, source coil readings were within spec.

'Ol Blu just runs and runs, but 'Ol Yeller recently has gone through plugs. Plug is dead, replace and off I go again. Put it down to a bad coupla plugs. They are at least 15 y/o NOS from Blighty. Ordered a box of 10 NGK B6ES from my local favourite mom'n'pop corner m/c shop for 450 baht.

20170613_081051.thumb.jpg.f1fb90aa50100fe9290a68b068b58d41.jpg5a1a4daa89235_phonephotostosept2017331.jpg.dc23b3223b03080ed805eb82a9def1ad.jpg

450 baht for ten ngk plugs?be taking some home with me next time i come over.

Messed around with tyre pressures and suspension settings.

Track and road settings very different.

Finding my comfort zone for Thailand roads is different as well if you ask me. 

Only got two suspension settings front and back on my bike but got ride comfort pretty sweet for my 80kgs and dropped tyre pressures to my liking. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, teacherclaire said:

Not today, but a few days ago.

They are called "Cobra", sound good, create more power and most importantly didn't need a re-jet.

The exhaust was built for the bike. 

From behind.jpg

Might not need re-jetting but how about ear defenders? 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, soi3eddie said:

Might not need re-jetting but how about ear defenders? 

I'm not that type of a youngster who wants his Moped sound like a Harley!

Two reasons were important to me. These 1100 cc Yamahas have an exhaust ( collector box) under the bike that 'makes it to a two in one, I wanted a two in two exhaust which is also good for tuning purposes.

Second reason is that i want to be heard because every day there are people out there who almost kill me.

Enough thinking for others, too. I'm often riding alone and at every U turn somebody drives out. 

It was for my own security, not for show. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, teacherclaire said:

I'm not that type of a youngster who wants his Moped sound like a Harley!

Two reasons were important to me. These 1100 cc Yamahas have an exhaust ( collector box) under the bike that 'makes it to a two in one, I wanted a two in two exhaust which is also good for tuning purposes.

Second reason is that i want to be heard because every day there are people out there who almost kill me.

Enough thinking for others, too. I'm often riding alone and at every U turn somebody drives out. 

It was for my own security, not for show. 

My comment was meant tongue in cheek. I do understand that announcing your presence is definitely a plus when driving on Thailand's roads with myopic and unobservant drivers all around. Have you noticed a difference yet in road users' behaviour? 

Back in the 1980s I put an aftermarket exhaust on my FZR1000 but just couldn't stand the noise it made (and was acutely aware of getting nicked by the cops for excessive noise). It certainly did make other road users aware though. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, teacherclaire said:

I don't really think road users are trying kill me they just don't see you or not care about the bright light that's hurling towards them.

I said to my son I find my inline 4 into one exhaust loud but nice noisy and my son reminded me " that's good they can hear you ". ????

• Like 1