Pattaya moans: Nothing but rude Indians, Chinese and Arabs - "they treat the place like they own it"

webfact

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/27/2017 at 1:05 PM, Lingba said:

exactly!

On 11/27/2017 at 12:59 PM, Samui Bodoh said:

But, you'll still take their money, right? 

On 11/27/2017 at 1:05 PM, Lingba said:

exactly!

I think the point is, not so much that they're rude -Pattaya has always attracted the "salt of the earth" types- but that they don't spend any money. 

No one has bothered to tell the locals that while wages in the west have barely moved since 2008, the price of everything everywhere, has gone up, so even when people can afford the package, they don't find Thailand cheap as it was, particularly the sex industry, where prices have doubled since 2008 and now credibly match those of sex workers in Germany. 

On 11/27/2017 at 1:02 PM, chrisandsu said:

I think whomever wants the Americans back must be remembering with nostalgia the Vietnam war ! Americans are not big travellers at all ! I think they are getting confused with europeans . Plus Mexico does not have decently women . Anything over 30 (most are in pattaya now ) in Mexico are normaly overweight and have a shed load of kids .

Yes, absolutely. The Thais have never been much good at stuff outside of Thailand, and to them one white face is the same as the next. What they really mean is the Europeans and the Aussies (not counting the cheap Charlie gap-year backpacker kids, of course . . . )

On 11/27/2017 at 12:38 AM, Just1Voice said:

Thailand has destroyed their tourist image for the good tourists who come and spend money, with all the jacked up dual pricing, piss poor attitudes, total lack of language skills, rip off prices, and high crime.  The "cream" has been scraped from the top, so now all they're left with is the dregs.  And no one but themselves to blame. 

Agreed...now Thailand looks for Chinese and Indian tourists (great move for the India to Thailand air BTW. Obvious that Thailand is hard up for tourists, yet Thai natives have an aversion to them. So either you can be less dependent upon tourists. or you suck it up with an animosity. I don't know what is the proper course.

4 minutes ago, TMNH said:

Agreed...now Thailand looks for Chinese and Indian tourists (great move for the India to Thailand air BTW. Obvious that Thailand is hard up for tourists, yet Thai natives have an aversion to them. So either you can be less dependent upon tourists. or you suck it up with an animosity. I don't know what is the proper course.

My point- thanks for your agreement.

• 2 weeks later...

....and they're trying to run all the Western expats off with "income proof", that involves hiring a "visa agency" to renew your Extension of Stay for around a thousand bucks. Right now, I have a year until my next renewal. At that time, I need to choose between  the Philippines, Cambodia or Vietnam. Hate to leave but they give us little choice.

On 11/27/2017 at 12:50 PM, webfact said:

Pattaya moans: Nothing but rude Indians, Chinese and Arabs - "they treat the place like they own it"

get used to it.

The  emerging economies (China, Arabic spoken countries,India) have created the new generation of travelers who never traveled before. And certainly not in such huge numbers.

According to an article I recently read, Arabs are also traveling to Turkey every month of the year in such huge numbers that they have changed the demographics of main cities.Many Turkish have expressed their negative opinions on them and state that " Arabs have effected our culture like plague of locusts swarming vegetable fields with an important difference.Locusts destroy and leave. Arabs are here every day of the year"

Arabs and Indians mostly traveling male sex tourists and Chinese mostly family, traveling just to get out of China.

It is what it is.

it's their time to enjoy their earnings and to have sex, drink and have fun, something they are unable to do back home for society pressure,cultural and restrictive religions.

And Thailand accommodates them.

In Thailand, this recent swarm drove away their average European and American counterparts for obvious reasons which may not be appropriate to mention here in this forum.

So in a nutshell, handful (but big spender) of Europeans and Americans "OUT", Millions(the whole year) of Arabs, Chinese and Indians "IN",

It's as simple as that.

Earth is too populated now and these are some of the negative results.

Things will get much, much worse!

On 3/7/2018 at 9:12 AM, juice777 said:

How about people focusing on the negative things on the Internet.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

If you don't like people calling a spade a spade then maybe you should join reddit and the Thai apologists saps over there like peasant felcher and beerhorsesh!t. And by the way you can avoid people online if you choose to. But how do you avoid the sh#t load of lowlife locals on just about every corner in Pattaya?? Rude foreigners? Talk about pot calling kettle black. 

On 11/27/2017 at 11:50 AM, webfact said:

The message was clear: Where are all the nice ones - like Americans - who spend cash and behave well!?

????

Everytime I talk to a Thai its "Where you from" "America", "Ahhhh (or Ehhhh) good, Amerikaaah good"

Must be because we are stupid, overpaying, easily fleeced bit tippers

????

On 11/15/2018 at 3:02 PM, Nyezhov said:

????

Everytime I talk to a Thai its "Where you from" "America", "Ahhhh (or Ehhhh) good, Amerikaaah good"

Must be because we are stupid, overpaying, easily fleeced bit tippers

????

haha no. You tell them next time you are from "Banana Republic" and the reaction will be same!"Bananaaaah good...."

they don't give a flying duck as long as they make something off of you.

1 hour ago, pattayadude said:

haha no. You tell them next time you are from "Banana Republic" and the reaction will be same!"Bananaaaah good...."

they don't give a flying duck as long as they make something off of you.

Naw dude, they know. "ehh Amerikaaah! Where Amerikaah? Californiaah?" "Big Statue NY!" "Zhordaan! Bastabowr" "ehhhh? So big" "Mmmmm? You cawboy? Powpowpow".

Thats among the cab diver, mototaxi, security guy, Grab dude, bargirl set. 

Monks, serious looking students, overall decent English speakers and fancier Wat folks (I hang in Wats alot, its Jeckyl and Hyde) always ask me if I know Boston.

My young local bartender speaks excellent English and when I go to his place, he hovers over me constantly to practice. We have some pretty deep conversations, he is very worldly, very Buddhist, and well read compared to a Soi 6 girl. In this hierarchichal society, he explained to me why Thai people like Americans, and I think we get a pass compared to other folks, despite the fact that we are better tippers and more well behaved ✌✌????????

And rich too!

On 11/27/2017 at 12:44 PM, lonewolf99 said:

Anyone want to add to this list of only a few reasons why the Westerners are not coming in the numbers they did in say 2005?

Overly strong Baht.

What's the reason for why the Thai baht has been so strong for the past year?

• 4 months later...

The entire brainless world invades Thailand.. 

Give a Westerner a pile of bricks and he builds the most beautiful city.

Give a Thai a pile of bricks and he builds the most beautiful temples.

Give these pieces of **** a beautiful city and they build a pile of bricks.

• 1 month later...
On 12/17/2017 at 8:43 AM, bert bloggs said:

Well i must admit i have come across few scams in my life here , now i think because people realize that we live here and are not tourists .

as for the cash angle ,well when we first came here to live the baht was 71 to the pound and my savings in the UK got 6% interest , now you get about 43 to the pound and my savings get less than 1% still , better here than living with all the foreigners in my old home town , hardly ever hear English spoken there  any longer .:post-4641-1156694083: oh and its a pity there is a ball in front , as its not usually that ,they are bowing down to:smile:

You obviously haven't noticed that in Thailand you are surrounded by foreigners who mostly don't speak English and spend quiet a lot of time bowing to Buddha.

On 11/27/2017 at 12:38 PM, Just1Voice said:

Thailand has destroyed their tourist image for the good tourists who come and spend money, with all the jacked up dual pricing, piss poor attitudes, total lack of language skills, rip off prices, and high crime.  The "cream" has been scraped from the top, so now all they're left with is the dregs.  And no one but themselves to blame. 

They just never got it and now here's what they have.  

Well Done!

14 hours ago, mngmn said:

You obviously haven't noticed that in Thailand you are surrounded by foreigners who mostly don't speak English and spend quiet a lot of time bowing to Buddha.

I respect Buddha, and understand most Thai , i dont respect the man they bow down to ,just like i dont respect any man who marries a six year old ,and i dont understand all their languages ,if i lived in their lands i would not complain ,but they are living in mine .

On 5/13/2019 at 3:25 AM, bert bloggs said:

I respect Buddha, and understand most Thai , i dont respect the man they bow down to ,just like i dont respect any man who marries a six year old ,and i dont understand all their languages ,if i lived in their lands i would not complain ,but they are living in mine .

Don't worry T'Brexit will sort it all out for you !

Thailand has been ruined for me,and no this is not a racist rant.I used to go to Bali but I stopped when the locals became outnumbered by the Australians in certain areas.When I go to a foreign country I want it to be foreign.I know in every tourist destination,because it is a tourist destination, that you are going to get "non" natives but now Thailand is ,in certain parts,saturated.The masses of Chinese tourists I can accept because of their looks they tend to blend in locally, but the Indian tourists totally stand out as clearly not being "local" and as they tend to travel in packs they are more noticeable.If I wanted to encounter packs of Indians I would go on holiday to India (or certain parts of London).I think the Thai policy of numbers over anything else will come back and bite them as other tourists will gradually get pushed out leaving the Thais totally over run.

Archived