Italian Shows Pattaya How To Pizza – With His Fists

webfact

Italian Shows Pattaya How To Pizza – With His Fists

By Teeranai Charuvastra, Staff Reporter

pizzabrawl-696x479.jpg

PATTAYA — An Italian man enraged by the quality of his pizza busted his hand in a brawl with its makers at a Pattaya pizzeria, police said Monday.

Police were called Sunday night to the I Love Pizza Art restaurant where they found Henri Gabriel Elfgang, 71, with an injured hand. His wife, a Thai national, told police the staff beat him and broke one of her husband’s fingers.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/2017/11/27/italian-shows-pattaya-pizza-fists/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2017-11-27

... yep, not surprised either - ought to be downright insult to an I-talian what gets served here under that name (& at outrageous prices) at times ... 

Then again certain US chain-'restaurants' lowered that standard substantially couple decades ago already ... 

If you want authentic Italian food and pizza you should try Trattoria Ossobuco.  This is a fairly new (3-4 months) small outdoor seating restaurant that is run by the family of an Italian man.  He told me he imports his ingredients from Italy.

Note that the pizza is not like what you get in the USA, there is very little sauce on it but lots of delicious buffalo mozzarella cheese and high quality toppings.  I had the 4 Stagioni pizza with tomato-mozz-parma-ham-artich-mushr and I think it was the best pizza I have had in Thailand.  The pasta dishes I have tasted have also been excellent.

The place is a bit hard to find.  Here is the address and the Google Map GPS coordinates.  From 3rd Rd take Regional Land Road toward Thep Praset road to Soi 6, which is about 50' before you reach Tigglebitties.  Turn right onto Soi 6 then zig zag left-right at the next corner.  You will find Trattoria Ossobuco  on your left just before the  second speed bump.  The name is on the the green/white/red awning.

Address:

153/25-26 Soi Land Office 6, Pattaya Moo10, Nongprue, Manglamung, Chonburi 20150

Google Map GPS coordinates:

The only time I've ever eaten pizza in Thailand was at Mr. Pizza or whatever in a mall. I cannot imagine a Thai pizza being nearly as bad as the abominations Koreans create.

ketchup, mayo, corn and french fries bwahahahahahhahaha

1 minute ago, Cereal said:

The only time I've ever eaten pizza in Thailand was at Mr. Pizza or whatever in a mall. I cannot imagine a Thai pizza being nearly as bad as the abominations Koreans create.

Thats interesting .

If I'm ever on the TV programme "Who wants to be a millionaire" and the million dollar question is: *Where did Cereal eat his only ever pizza in Thailand* , I will know the answer

13 minutes ago, Cereal said:

ketchup, mayo, corn and french fries bwahahahahahhahaha

Did it have  a lovely Kimchi dip as well  :sick:

The fact is Pizza from Italy is  not the same as others worldwide may think.     

My favorite Pizza in the world was outside the barracks of the 3rd army division headquarters in Frankfurt by two Italian guys  who were a model in time and motion studies.   Brick wood fired oven,.     Stand up place only.   No seating.   the brothers  both drove the newest Mercs. 

Next we go to Domicos in  Belmont shores.   The last outlet   of a chain.    

Pizza.....the biggest con in catering.

Cheese and Tomato on bread, chuck on whatever else you want (according to your target demographic) and charge whatever you like.

Kerrrching!

Edited by Enoon

Just now, Enoon said:

Pizza.....the biggest con in catering,

Cheese and Tomato on bread, chuck on whatever else you want (according to your target demographic) and charge whatever you like.

Kerrrching!

That's why you never  made it!

YOU served up crap pizza!

If I was like him I would end up fighting 24/7. For example Thai Yorkshire puddings that tasted like carboard. Thai bacon, need I elaborate. Undercooked veg on a Thai version of the British Sunday dinner.

I used to work in a pizza shop, so when I went on an army driving course in Southern England I went to a local pizza shop, and the staff did not know how to make a calzone pizza. So I went behind the counter and showed them how to make it.

Edited by MRDave
Spelling

What sticks in my craw is breakfast "Sausage"...You get a frickin' cold hotdog!!!

Travelling once in Thailand with my Golden Retriever. I stopped at a 7-11 & grabbed some cheap hotdogs just make sure she wasn't starving. The DOG would not eat them!

And THAT'S what they call breakfast "sausage". :post-4641-1156693976: