snoop1130

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Enoon said:

Many British English are quite proud to describe themselves thus.

Confused?

Not really. But English is not a race, mongrel or otherwise. That I know. 

If you assumed I know nothing about the  historical origins of the people (and royal family) there, sorry to disappoint. Not all Americans are dumb like the president. 

Edited by Jingthing

She' older, foreign, divorced, common and probably has no idea where Eton is. Just another example of how Britain's stock has fallen.

The big question is, is it really a royal wedding? Will James Hewitt be invited?

28 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Not really. But English is not a race, mongrel or otherwise. That I know. 

If you assumed I know nothing about the  historical origins of the people (and royal family) there, sorry to disappoint. Not all Americans are dumb like the president. 

Of course it isn't.

I didn't say it was, I identified an outlook that many of them subscribe to.

It's not to do with historical origins, it's to do with psychology.

5 hours ago, sqwakvfr said:

1 She is older than the Prince(36 and he is 33) 2 She is a American 3) She is divorced.  I thought a potential bride for a Royal was someone younger, British and never have been married.  

Another Wallis Simpson then?

2 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Fair enough. I did some research and I might be wrong in that the phrase can be used without offense in some contexts. But still, it's generally associated with DOGS, and people are not DOGS. Not nearly as friendly!

I don't what research you did Jingthing, but I find it hard to think of anywhere in the UK, outside of a racist community, where you could use that term without causing offence, and getting your head kicked into the bargain in many places. It reeks of Goebbels speak. 

1 minute ago, roamer said:

I don't what research you did Jingthing, but I find it hard to think of anywhere in the UK, outside of a racist community, where you could use that term without causing offence, and getting your head kicked into the bargain in many places. It reeks of Goebbels speak. 

I thought that too, but if it's good enough for the Atlantic ...

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2003/01/mongrel-america/305956/

7 minutes ago, Basil B said:

Tweet @realDonaldTrump "My invite seem to have got lost in the post"

Tweet @RoyalFamily "Your not invited"

Yeah, it's a "special" relationship but not that special. Got to have STANDARDS.

It would be even cooler if they invited Obama and not the orange twitter troll monster.  

bestpresidentever.jpg.782c855eaaede5f1c2af0547a6e5b13b.jpg

Edited by Jingthing

33 minutes ago, roamer said:

Big difference between "We are a mongrel race" and "They are a mongrel race".

I think the same goes for black people using the "N" word when referring to themselves, or homosexuals men using the word "queer". I would never use those words as I am neither black nor homosexual - but I am British and I know that we are a mixed breed.

(and that is a positive, not a negative - IMHO)

Edited by chickenslegs

I'm not a big Royalist but he seems a good egg and they appear to be very happy so best of luck to them. Let's hope they stick to their word and continue to do some good for those less fortunate.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

6 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Sorry, I think mongrel race is an offensive term.

6 hours ago, chickenslegs said:

Well, you come from a different background to mine, so there are bound to be differences in the terms we use.

A kinder, more civilized, intelligent background it might appear.

39 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

Plenty of lightly disguised racist opinions on this thread just itching to get out.

A Mod's just itching to deal with them.

Please stay on topic and keep it civil.   Especially since we have many who live in glass houses.

9 hours ago, naboo said:

She' older, foreign, divorced, common and probably has no idea where Eton is. Just another example of how Britain's stock has fallen.

The big question is, is it really a royal wedding? Will James Hewitt be invited?

At least she's not called Wallis.

Edited by ballpoint

We are a mongrel people, and at our best, we glory in it. 

Referring to the American people in Smithsonian Magazine.

Purity of race does not exist. Europe is a continent of energetic mongrels.

Herbert Albert Laurens Fisher, A history of Europe

It's a term that has been used for ages.  I remember it in the history books when I was at school.

Why should it suddenly become derogatory?

16 hours ago, Grouse said:

The British Royals ARE German:

Battenberg cake and  Saxe-Coburg (House of Hanover)..

But marrying an American divorcee fails to impress.

I can't wait to see a Markle cake ?

Which part of Germany did the late Queen Mum come from Grousy - that's right, a part called Scotland!

The current crop are German, Scottish with some Greek! 

Also, was a good TV program that found a Plantagenet heir alive in Aussie who actually has a better claim to the throne than the Windsors! And a direct descendant of the Stuart line was a German WW1 General and army commander.

Why shouldn't he marry who ever he wants? A divorced Catholic ain't the devil anymore!

1 hour ago, HHTel said:

Referring to the American people in Smithsonian Magazine.

Herbert Albert Laurens Fisher, A history of Europe

It's a term that has been used for ages.  I remember it in the history books when I was at school.

Why should it suddenly become derogatory?

Same as "gay" mate. Used to me happy, fun, pleasant person. Now expresses homosexuality.

12 hours ago, naboo said:

You missed out Catholic with divorced parents.

Might as well get the full list of bigotry and prejudices in!