Britain's Prince Harry to marry U.S. actress Meghan Markle

snoop1130

On 11/28/2017 at 1:54 PM, champers said:

She is no doe eyed, love-struck teenager from an aristocrstic British family, but a well educated and intelligent woman. She is marrying a man who has a colourful background, to put it politely. I just question why, rather than blithely ascribing it to love.

she is marrying a real man. a man to my liking!

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 11/28/2017 at 1:54 PM, champers said:

If someone is born into royalty that is their good or bad luck, depending on your point of view. When a non-royal chooses to marry into that institution, one can question their motives, particularly if, as a UK taxpayer (as I am), you are funding the couple and any future offspring.

She is no doe eyed, love-struck teenager from an aristocrstic British family, but a well educated and intelligent woman. She is marrying a man who has a colourful background, to put it politely. I just question why, rather than blithely ascribing it to love.

She is marrying a man who has a colourful background, to put it politely. I just question why, rather than blithely ascribing it to love.

"And we understand him well,
How he comes o'er us with our wilder days,
Not measuring what use we made of them."

"The strawberry grows underneath the nettle
And wholesome berries thrive and ripen best
Neighbour'd by fruit of baser quality:
And so the prince obscured his contemplation
Under the veil of wildness; which, no doubt,
Grew like the summer grass, fastest by night,
Unseen, yet crescive in his faculty."

On 11/28/2017 at 2:59 PM, thaibeachlovers said:

They don't get paid extremely well by the taxpayers to have a "normal" life.

Actually, and although I'm not great fan of the monarchy or their hereditary ownership of vast swathes of the English countryside, I should point out in the interests of accuracy that neither William nor Harry are paid 'by the taxpayers' (and so Meghan Markle won't be either). They receive expenses for official royal duties from the revenues generated by the Duchy of Cornwall which is owned by Prince Charles. They are also independently wealthy because of the vast fortunes they inherited merely by the happenstance of their birth but they don't actually receive any payments from the public coffers.

On ‎12‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 12:39 PM, GroveHillWanderer said:

Actually, and although I'm not great fan of the monarchy or their hereditary ownership of vast swathes of the English countryside, I should point out in the interests of accuracy that neither William nor Harry are paid 'by the taxpayers' (and so Meghan Markle won't be either). They receive expenses for official royal duties from the revenues generated by the Duchy of Cornwall which is owned by Prince Charles. They are also independently wealthy because of the vast fortunes they inherited merely by the happenstance of their birth but they don't actually receive any payments from the public coffers.

How much rent do they pay to live in Kensington Palace or such?

The great "fortune" they inherited came not from the sweat of their brow, so they'd better get out and do the royal thing or move into something they do have to pay for.

On November 27, 2017 at 7:10 PM, sqwakvfr said:

1 She is older than the Prince(36 and he is 33) 2 She is a American 3) She is divorced.  I thought a potential bride for a Royal was someone younger, British and never have been married.  

and she's not white..