PM Prayut tells a fisherman: “Do not raise your voice at me!”

webfact

PM tells a fisherman: “Do not raise your voice at me!”

By Thai PBS

4B3EFB06-5FEE-4ED1-BEF0-B7DACF88B91B.jpe

Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha yelled at a fisherman who raised his voice apparently to get his attention as he was explaining the latter’s question about fishing problem during his meeting with local people in Nong Chik district of Pattani on Monday.

While observing an exhibition held at the central livestock market in Nong Chik district as a sideline of the mobile cabinet meeting, an unidentified man approached the prime minister with a petition for the government to amend fishing regulation allowing fishing boats to fish only 220 days in a year. He wanted the fishing period to be extended so fishermen will have more income to cope with their expenses.

As the prime minister was explaining his problem while many local residents were listening, the fishermen raised his voice to interrupt him, prompting him to yell back: “Be patient, do not raise your voice at me. Do you understand? I am listening to you, you can speak as normal, thank you.”

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/pm-tells-fisherman-not-raise-voice/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2017-11-28

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The fisherman reminds me a bit of the well documented philosophical and historic meeting between Diogenes and Alexander the Great....

When Alexander in his full splendor wanted to fulfill one of the deepest wishes of Diogenes.....Diogenes in his usual nonchalant attitude towards power or wealth, calmy replied to Alexander the Great in asking him to move away from his sunlight !!!

Edited by observer90210

Sounds like an idiot fisherman that does not/will not accept the fact that fish stocks need some time off from fishing to replenish.

Nah, he just wants to rape the ocean as hard and fast as he can go (probably tossing EVERY BIT of garbage he has into it at the same time).

1 hour ago, jaywalker said:

Sounds like an idiot fisherman that does not/will not accept the fact that fish stocks need some time off from fishing to replenish.

Nah, he just wants to rape the ocean as hard and fast as he can go (probably tossing EVERY BIT of garbage he has into it at the same time).

I think he probably just wants to make a living.  Not something the likes of the man-child would ever understand with his billions stashed away. 

2 hours ago, Cadbury said:

The inner man revealing himself yet again along with his short fuse. Parade ground behaviour in public is hardly dignified and certainly doesn't become him. Maybe signs of approaching male menopause.

oh Cadbury ...  there you go again ... very childish ....

15 minutes ago, stephen tracy said:

I think he probably just wants to make a living.  Not something the likes of the man-child would ever understand with his billions stashed away. 

Is that billions stashed away as in the Shinawatras ?        why not try Laos .... maybe happier there.

17 minutes ago, stephen tracy said:

Fancy Prayuth telling someone else to shut-up. He never shuts up. I really wish someone would just punch him in the face at a press conference. That would make me happy. 

bla ... bla ... bla ...   thailand is just such an awful place .... lol

25 minutes ago, stephen tracy said:

Fancy Prayuth telling someone else to shut-up. He never shuts up. I really wish someone would just punch him in the face at a press conference. That would make me happy

It would make me ecstatic!

14 minutes ago, steven100 said:

stop Thai bashing  !! .....      try raising your voice at a policeman in the US or someone of high statue in Japan ...    you'll probably be shot in both countries ...

This is what I posted...

"It's the Thai way. 'Superiors' can raise their voice at 'lessors' but not the other way 'round'."

You call this Thai bashing? I'm just commenting on Thai culture. So if I commented on how Thais wai their superiors and how superiors wai back, which is a lessor wai to a lessor person in status, this would be Thai bashing. Absolute rubbish. 

9 minutes ago, Lupatria said:

...at least he didn't throw bananas.

No, just his usual wobbler. He's becoming 'famous' for that . . . let's see where it gets him, 12mths from now. No doubt we'll be seeing millions of these posters being dropped from his airship . . . or his submarine, maybe, if they're training the new Commander. One way or t'other, we're in for an interesting year, methinks.

banner.png

I wonder if, when he gets home in an evening, he asks his Mrs, "Tell me, darling . . . how is it possible for me to have become so hated, recently . . . and by nearly everyone, too? . . . That's what I can't understand. What do you think, darling?"

"There, there dear . . . just get stuck into those . . . they're those specially tasty frogs . . . like the one you kissed for the camera, the other week . . . remember, that time, when you were trying to show your 'human' side. And don't go spilling gravy down that nice white jacket . . . you look almost regal in that!"

at his regal best.jpg

Yea by raping the ocean now and the hell with everyone else. Prayut is doing the right thing.

The guy was totally impolite then you can expect this. I guess you were never taught not to shout or raise your voice when someone else is speaking

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk