passport for my son and registration

Harveyboy

hello all looking for a little info here from you guys  if you dont mind..my son was born here in Thailand in sept this year  we registered the birth at the Ampur  all documentation done  im registered as the father ect ...Now i want to register him at the British Embassy as a im a British citizen    what are the advantages or disadvantages of this can anyone help  ..if anyone has done this can you tell me more about how i go about it tks 

3 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

There is no need to register him as British, you can just apply for a UK passport for him.  If he's British they will issue one.  If he isn't, or you don't meet the qualification of being British Otherwise Than by Descent yourself, they won't.

tks mate my son being born here his mother ..my wife is Thai  im English born in UK  all family fully British back to Great G...G...Grand parents  so does this automatically give him British status..so just apply for passport is there a blog here or do you know personally how to go about this and what may be required  ..again mate tks for the help

tks mate my son being born here his mother ..my wife is Thai  im English born in UK  all family fully British back to Great G...G...Grand parents  so does this automatically give him British status..so just apply for passport is there a blog here or do you know personally how to go about this and what may be required  ..again mate tks for the help

I did it for my son. There's an application form and you need your long-form birth certificate, as well as his birth certificate (translated if not in English). His passport photos will need to be counter-signed by a non-family Brit, plus you need proof of your address in Thailand. The form is submitted at The Trendy on Sukhumvit soi 13, but the passport is issued by the UK Passport Office in Liverpool. It took about 3 weeks for my son's passport to be issued.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

4 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

I did it for my son. There's an application form and you need your long-form birth certificate, as well as his birth certificate (translated if not in English). His passport photos will need to be counter-signed by a non-family Brit, plus you need proof of your address in Thailand. The form is submitted at The Trendy on Sukhumvit soi 13, but the passport is issued by the UK Passport Office in Liverpool. It took about 3 weeks for my son's passport to be issued.

thanks where do i get this application form  is anything else needed do i need to take this form to BKK   or can it all be done by post  tks again

On 11/28/2017 at 9:50 PM, Harveyboy said:

thanks where do i get this application form  is anything else needed do i need to take this form to BKK   or can it all be done by post  tks again

Application form are printed off the internet there are full instructions on the internet it cannot be done by post you have to get an appointment and go to Trendy and it also needs to be collected from Trendy. The service seems quick at this time I applied last Thursday (passport people in Liverpool got it midday on Tuesday) and I have been told by Liverpool that my son's passport was printed yesterday and should be in Trendy sometime next Monday 

Application form are printed off the internet there are full instructions on the internet it cannot be done by post you have to get an appointment and go to Trendy and it also needs to be collected from Trendy. The service seems quick at this time I applied last Thursday (passport people in Liverpool got it midday on Tuesday) and I have been told by Liverpool that my son's passport was printed yesterday and should be in Trendy sometime next Monday 

Except for those that have a long journey to Bangkok, it's a very efficient service.

On 28/11/2017 at 9:50 PM, Harveyboy said:

ok so i dont need my wifes paperwork all translated i can use my house book for my condo .. only thing might not be easy i see you said photos countersigned  by Brit i was going to ask my wifes boss he is a government official thought that would have been ok ..so 100% has to be a brit to countersign photos ...  thanks again for all the help 

21 hours ago, offset said:

hello mate do you have a link for the paperwork i can print off ..thanks

5 hours ago, Harveyboy said:

hello mate do you have a link for the paperwork i can print off ..thanks

The forms are here https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/applying-for-a-passport-from-outside-the-uk-application-form 

Guidance notes.   https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/overseas-passports-guidance

Supporting docs.  https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/overseas-passport-supporting-documents-group-2 

All paperwork that is in Thai need to be translated and be certified

The counter sign can be done by other than a British subject they are listed in the guidance notes

• 3 weeks later...
On 01/12/2017 at 8:27 PM, offset said:

thanks mate ..ive come across a company in Pattaya thaivisa express   does anyone know of them or anything about them i contacted a couple of times left messages but no reply  they offer a service  all in for a passport  all post translations ..cost of pass port  take and collect from BKK then post to my address  10.000 ..ive calculated by the time ive done all this inc 2 visits to BKK its ony a few thousand for the service BUT as i said no reply ..can anyone help here tks 

I highly recommend Keyvisa they are next to BigC South Pattaya on the same Soi as AA insurance, they did mine last April and were very efficient , I had an e mail from Bangkok telling me my passport was back and next day Keyvisa called me to say they had it. Yes there is a cost 5000 baht plus the the passport cost but at 70 years old I didn't fancy the hassle of going to Bangkok twice . Details are :

https://www.keyvisathailand.com

Archived