Changing the name in a blue book

JohnJay

On 11/30/2017 at 12:26 AM, johng said:

If the car is registered in Bangkok then you have to do the name change either in Bangkok or at the Main DLT in Chonburi not the one at Banglamung next to the Regents school.

if you dont want to deal with the hassles get an "agent" to do the change for you look for this sign,there is one on South Pattaya Road and on Sukhumvit just north of South Pattaya road + others

post-2109-0-09307200-1357115893.gif

Any idea the Agent prices to do it for you?

14 hours ago, Huayrat said:

Any idea the Agent prices to do it for you?

For a strait forward case with all the "proper" paperwork provided, then probably less than 2000 baht. ( + road tax and insurance )

If there is paperwork missing or  problems with the tax not being paid for a long time or  modifications to the car that need recording in the blue book ( colour change etc)  then  more money but still not "too expensive"

• Thanks 1

I believe a FOUR DOOR pickup is in the same claasification as a car and therefore costs more than a regular pickup.

If you are transfering ownership near to the expiry date of the Tax registration then they often want you to register it at the same time, the new tax and Govt Insurance starts from the date the old one expires so no time is lost, so it actuall is benificial for you and saves you going to DLT twice.

From a car from another province this seems a bit hit and miss here in Pattaya,  I have one vehicle still with Bangkok plates which I can renew the yearly Tax in Pattaya however the last car we got they required that it be transfered to Chonburi plates with the associated extra costs T.I.T

With my old car being Bangkok Registered,  the Book was recently full and this had to be sent to Bangkok for a new book to be issued, " Further costs."

However all this has been straight forward and was explained by the DLT.

For a small fee I have used the same agent for years,  I get all the proper receipt and he calls me when its all ready for collection,  well worth the money.

7 hours ago, johng said:

For a strait forward case with all the "proper" paperwork provided, then probably less than 2000 baht. ( + road tax and insurance )

If there is paperwork missing or  problems with the tax not being paid for a long time or  modifications to the car that need recording in the blue book ( colour change etc)  then  more money but still not "too expensive"

Alot more money than that John.. I have just been to the one on Sukhumvit road before mcdonalds.. They wanted a whopping 7500 baht.. I then went further along sukhumvit and near the motorway flyover they wanted 5000 baht.. So my advice would be to go do it yourself and be prepared for a long Day..

5 hours ago, johng said:

Well 5000 seems high to me for just running the paperwork around , or was that including tax and insurance too ?

That was including filling my form in and going there and back 2 times.. my car already has Tax and insurance..

20 hours ago, Huayrat said:

That was including filling my form in and going there and back 2 times.. my car already has Tax and insurance..

Maybe try a few more places  or get a Thai person to do the asking then maybe the price will be

"a bit lower"