PM Prayut comes face to face with volatile discontent in South

webfact

3 hours ago, ujayujay said:

Whats the point if you do business. This is the question, nothing to do with empathy. This short term thinking of farmers and fisherman reveals lack of mental agility. Monoculture is a trap and it is cheap to make the Gouverment responsible for own wrongdoing...very cheap. 

What's the bloody point of having an Agriculture Ministry if they cannot give good advice regarding best farming and fishing practices in every single region of the country? There should be experts, willing and able to travel out to meet and to advise those individuals who Prayut is now starting to level the blame at. Has it been a MoA view that rubber trees should be cut down in favour of coconuts or palm oil or whatever? How come Mr Big Mouth seems to shock the world by coming out with the idea? Bloody pathetic show-mongering . . . that's all it is.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, Sid Celery said:

Don't think I agree. Put like that it sounds as though Prayuth has an ecological conscience,; I don't believe he does.

What he's trying to do is avoid Europe from banning Thai imports. He is acting through fear and not altruism.

Maybe  the  altruism is  in  the  greater good?  The lack  of  diplomacy in the  face  of  intractable  pressure  groups is  maybe  not the  best way  but he is  still correct .

11 hours ago, Sid Celery said:

Why does this muppet keep giving the 'horned god' sign popularised by Ronnie James Dio and others.

He's obviously slavishly copying Thaksin, who also thought it was a sign saying Í'm cool'. At least Thaksin was popular enough that people didn't mock him for a piece of dumb theatre.

He's clearly on the campaign trail, while hypocritically preventing political parties from competing with him.

This guy must have the IQ of a potato.

That's kind of an insult to potatoes. 

8 hours ago, yellowboat said:

Though your statements are correct, I was surprised that he said something so substantive.  As always he was vague on the hows and wheres, but he did point out a need that could be satisfied.   He is just three years too late and without any incentives. 

He's just dumb. 

9 minutes ago, stephen tracy said:

That's kind of an insult to potatoes. 

Maybe.

I am sensing a major problem approaching, have done for a while. And with someone who has appointed himself to the top job (democratically speaking), and who shows so very little nous, I frankly fear for Thailand.

13 hours ago, rugbyjacks said:

Just grow coconut trees! Use your family savings to tide you over until they bear fruit in about 5 or 6 years!

Oh wait...

"Importing coconut products from other countries..."  ?

Reminds me of the old saying "Coal to Newcastle".

When confronted with problems on the ground, the incidents in the South during the mobile Cabinet meeting illustrated how well the prime minister and his junta government had managed to resolve issues."

What is this all about.  Just a paragraph thrown into the newspaper article with no context whatsoever.  Forgive me if I missed something. 

6 hours ago, observer90210 said:

Perhaps next time chose pictures that don't use children, then there will be no need to go anywhere.

So every time you see a picture of a child you connect it with sex?

As I said, very twisted. You should definitively seek help.

On 11/29/2017 at 11:41 AM, Becker said:

Steven, you don't love Thailand; you love the junta and you love trolling.

BTW, you're up early. Was it the poor reception the little general got in the south that interrupted your green and yellow dreams?

Wrong again Becker baby ....     I do love Thailand.  and I love peace and stability which Thailand is now experiencing.

But you won't agree .....   because you don't like anything this government has achieved, you throw mud at anything ...

Your a typical TV keyboard warrior who tries to slag Thailand and it's government, 

Economy has picked up , projects are being implemented .....  

.....................   but you know better  ...........     Laos is nice Becker    !!      :cheesy:

3 hours ago, steven100 said:

Wrong again Becker baby ....     I do love Thailand.  and I love peace and stability which Thailand is now experiencing.

But you won't agree .....   because you don't like anything this government has achieved, you throw mud at anything ...

Your a typical TV keyboard warrior who tries to slag Thailand and it's government, 

.....................   but you know better  ...........     Laos is nice Becker    !!      :cheesy:

Peace and stability? Is that what you call it? The country is heading for a violent insurgency by the looks of it, and you stand at the sidelines cheering it on. Just out of curiosity, what's the deal with the infantile laughing emojis? Have you entered puberty yet?

On 29/11/2017 at 10:28 AM, thaiguzzi said:

Indeed. The bloke does not have a clue.

Yeah right, i'll just chop down my 20 y/o rubber trees that took 7 years to start producing, then i'll stick some coconut trees in unsuitable land and wait 6 years before I earn anything....

By which time, on his advice every other rubber plantation has gone to coconuts, and there is no money in coconuts due to an over supply......

If you watched the weekly address last Friday he'd changed his mind on growing coconut and instead recommended that 8m rai of illegal ruber be chopped down and the farmers grow.....wait for it.....bananas. His next sentance followed up with 'even though the price of bananas is in decline'. Really.

5 minutes ago, grollies said:

If you watched the weekly address last Friday he'd changed his mind on growing coconut and instead recommended that 8m rai of illegal ruber be chopped down and the farmers grow.....wait for it.....bananas. His next sentance followed up with 'even though the price of bananas is in decline'. Really.

They should probably switch to growing marijuana.

21 minutes ago, grollies said:

And we don't have TV reception now . . . dammit! Sounds like I missed a treat. "Grow bananas, but just one snag - the price is in decline." Bloody priceless . . . it's good to get the day off with silly grin on my face.

1 hour ago, stephen tracy said:

Peace and stability? Is that what you call it? The country is heading for a violent insurgency by the looks of it, and you stand at the sidelines cheering it on. Just out of curiosity, what's the deal with the infantile laughing emojis? Have you entered puberty yet?

Infantile? Join the world of modern media. Besides, a picture speaks a thousand words. :coffee1: 

Ooops.......my bad, never mind.  555 (whew - no emoji).

24 minutes ago, lvr181 said:

Infantile? Join the world of modern media. Besides, a picture speaks a thousand words. :coffee1: 

Ooops.......my bad, never mind.  555 (whew - no emoji).

It's not a picture. It's a messaging appendage used by teenagers who haven't learned to express themselves in their own native languages yet. It doesn't speak a thousand words, it's a pathetic substitute for someone who can't think of anything else to say.  You talk of the "world of modern media" and yet you spend all your time posting laughing emojis on TV.  Your a deeply sad and troubled individual steven100. I almost feel sorry for you. 

Edited by stephen tracy

26 minutes ago, Ossy said:

And we don't have TV reception now . . . dammit! Sounds like I missed a treat. "Grow bananas, but just one snag - the price is in decline." Bloody priceless . . . it's good to get the day off with silly grin on my face.

Anyway I'm well ahead of the General.....

1512265141207.jpg

4 hours ago, steven100 said:

Hello dear Steven. The drivel you wrote was posted around 0445 hrs Thailand time so I guess you don't even do your trolling from here.

That does explain and partially excuse some of the cluelessness you show in your posts. Tell me, have you even been to Thailand?