Military ‘has nothing to do with politics’: Prawit

webfact

3 hours ago, TheMacMan said:

Military ‘has nothing to do with politics’: Prawit

My first thought was <deleted>?

But now I wonder if this is a "lost in translation" thing and means the complete opposite? As in "has nothing but means everything"?  :crazy:

I like your first thought . . . mine was exactly the same!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

20 hours ago, baboon said:

I wonder if he just opens his gob to see what will come out of it next?

It seems they wanted their version of "Chalerm"! 

And to be fair, he's right up their and even might take Chalerm's mantle.

Still, we've got Boris and the Yanks have someone even higher now!

4 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

It seems they wanted their version of "Chalerm"! 

And to be fair, he's right up their and even might take Chalerm's mantle.

Still, we've got Boris and the Yanks have someone even higher now!

No matter how tight you screw your eyes closed and will it to be otherwise, this thread has nothing to do with the previous government. Nothing whatsoever. 

Edited by baboon

8 minutes ago, baboon said:

No matter how tight you screw your eyes closed and will it to be otherwise, this thread has nothing to do with the previous government. Nothing whatsoever. 

Childishly petulant, even for you!

It has nothing to do with the UK or US either. But comparing people with similar habits is relevant, and even could be amusing.

Try reading it again when you remember to take your meds!

4 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

Childishly petulant, even for you!

It has nothing to do with the UK or US either. But comparing people with similar habits is relevant, and even could be amusing.

Try reading it again when you remember to take your meds!

Petulance doesn't come into it when you are trying to divert the thread and make it about somebody else. Why? If you think Prawit is doing a great job, come out and say it as is your right. If you don't, say that instead.

44 minutes ago, baboon said:

Petulance doesn't come into it when you are trying to divert the thread and make it about somebody else. Why? If you think Prawit is doing a great job, come out and say it as is your right. If you don't, say that instead.

Are you so unable to comprehend sarcasm and satire? Or is it just obscured by some paranoia that any comparisons are some conspiracy to divert threads? Something you never do of course, haha!

So you think that comparing Prawit to Chalerm , Boris and the Donald is tantamount to saying he's doing a good job? All well known for their intelligent comments and high intellect blended with political savvy are they?

Still confusing for you?

9 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

Are you so unable to comprehend sarcasm and satire? Or is it just obscured by some paranoia that any comparisons are some conspiracy to divert threads? Something you never do of course, haha!

So you think that comparing Prawit to Chalerm , Boris and the Donald is tantamount to saying he's doing a good job? All well known for their intelligent comments and high intellect blended with political savvy are they?

Still confusing for you?

Well, after 3 and a half years of 'but, but, somebody else' that some posters are so fond of when it comes to junta threads, can you really blame me for being a little paranoid?

Edited by baboon

48 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

Still confusing for you?

Can't speak for Baboon, but for me, I understand sarcasm and satire pretty well, and believe it or not, have been known to use both in the cut and thrust of intelligent (and sometimes not-so-intelligent) discussion. What really fogs my vision though, is boredom from the junta-hugger's perpetual delusions and obfuscations.

One of the other things I understand is that birds of a feather flock together, and that we make assumptions about the intelligence of others based on the proximity of their intelligence to our own.

Edited by Sid Celery

44 minutes ago, baboon said:

Well, after 3 and a half years of 'but, but, somebody else' that some posters are so fond of when it comes to junta threads, can you really blame me for being a little paranoid?

Maybe. But do read the content and digest first.

A real obfuscating and diverter has just jumped in btw. I know your're not like that.

2 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

Still confusing for you?

You are confusing yourself, now calling it sarcasm lol weak sauce.  Stop wallowing in hystery...

On 11/29/2017 at 5:11 PM, Sid Celery said:

Oh God, another barrow load of BS from Mr Piggy. I bet 3 people in Thailand believe him, including his Mum and Prayuth.

Tosser.

Oh boy what a big joke  So those guys in the Cabinet room in  army uniforms are not really Generals in the army  I bet they just come back from fancy dress party where they went dressed up as army personal. Ha ha fooled you all again 

You couldn't make this stuff up THe government is about political power and the military are the government now so how can this guy try and convince us that the military aren't interested in governing

Thank you, three times, Mr DPM, General, Prawit, this is a great annoucement! ...When it'd become true. From which year on do you think this could be achieved? Meaning the military no medling with politics in Thailand. Not wanting to pin you on a precise date, not for this matter, nor for the general elections actually, as the people will understand the agenda will be established according to what the military brass will want to achieve for itself first. Yes sir, the leopard and it's spots, stuff like that. LOL

2 hours ago, Happyman58 said:

Oh boy what a big joke  So those guys in the Cabinet room in  army uniforms are not really Generals in the army  I bet they just come back from fancy dress party where they went dressed up as army personal. Ha ha fooled you all again 

Same thing really. Not generals but they have all the pretty badges and ribbons. The Thai army has more generals than the US army, which means they're probably like old golfers - never die, they just lose their balls.

Then: 'My name is Harry'...? LOL

2 minutes ago, bangrak said:

Thank you, three times, Mr DPM, General, Prawit, this is a great annoucement! ...When it'd become true. From which year on do you think this could be achieved? Meaning the military no medling with politics in Thailand. Not wanting to pin you on a precise date, not for this matter, nor for the general elections actually, as the people will understand the agenda will be established according to what the military brass will want to achieve for itself first. Yes sir, the leopard and it's spots, stuff like that. LOL

Understand but please, a little sympathy for the soldiers. Having nailed their colours to the big mast in exchange for a place at the dinner table (the trough), they then have to do what they're told and pretend it's out of love and devotion rather than just feeling good about themselves.

Sad really, but nothing the Flynn effect wan't fix. Eventually.

9 hours ago, Sid Celery said:

Same thing really. Not generals but they have all the pretty badges and ribbons. The Thai army has more generals than the US army, which means they're probably like old golfers - never die, they just lose their balls.

Sid the Thai Army has  660 Generals  Not bad hey ? Maybe that is why they have so many coups They just get bored 

Sid the Thai Army has  660 Generals  Not bad hey ? Maybe that is why they have so many coups They just get bored 

It's inevitable. Promotion is based on years served and who your patron is (that is, whose backside you've been brown-nosing and who you've been passing brown envelopes to throughout your career).. Salary for life no matter how senile you get, and room at the trough for your snout. Grace and favour house for life if you're an old queen with appetittes, and a constant flow of younger, nubile aides de camp to keep your inclinations well satisfied. One of the reasons there is so much corruption in the armed forces; so many snouts to feed and selling army weapons and equipment on the black market will only go so far.