Britain criticizes Trump retweeting anti-Muslim videos from far-right party

webfact

13 minutes ago, FreddieRoyle said:

Shame on you for trying to smear all white people due to the drunken actions of one thug. The vast majority of BF supporters are peaceful patriots.  Drunk drivers are not good, nor do the BF members and fans support drunk drivers. 

The important thing in these videos is the support offered by all bystanders. In the one where the young lad is thrown from the roof and beaten to death, there are no bystanders shouting "wait, should we not allow this gentleman a fair trial?" or "come lads, let us not brutalize this young boy" No. Bystanders are laughing, encouraging, having a whale of a time. This say volumes about the attitude of these people, and was absolutely worth pointing out to the western world. Thank You Trump, good move. I know you ruffled some feathers but hopefully they will learn in time.  I suspect a real expert in this ideology like Lara Logan could have offered some thoughts on the behavior of these ideological crowds, but she has been very quiet.

There's nothing to be learned from a misogynistic, pedophile-supporting moron, Freddie. As for the BF, they're nothing but a bunch of ignorant, uneducated, unworldly, racist, backward thugs. They're an embarrassment to Great Britain. These people are so dumb they thought by voting for Brexit they were gonna be able to stop migrants from entering the UK. You don't really get much dumber or more naïve than that. Not only will it not prevent migrants from entering, those migrants will now not be registered and the authorities will have no way of knowing who or where they are. They will enter and then vanish. As for the videos, who knows where they came from or who's in them. Trump clearly didn't know. Do you Freddie? If a white supremacist group says this is a video of such and such, do you automatically take that to be the truth? I could pull any number of things off the Internet and say it's this that or the other. Would you believe me?  Lara Logan is a journalist, not a subject matter expert on the global jihadist movement. I am, Freddie. I have worked for the both the public and private sector for many years identifying threats to commercial and security interests among jihadist circles on the Dark Web, radicalization, and over the last few years the AQ-IS split the repercussions this has had on the global jihadist community by and large. I gave also spent much of my adult life living and working in the MENA region doing this work, and at times this has been in dangerous situations. As a result, I view elements such as BF and others with contempt. They simply get in the way of tackling such issues. They are not just a waste of time, they are an actual impediment. 

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

31 minutes ago, stephen tracy said:

They're an embarrassment to Great Britain.

Fully agree.. I find it disturbing members on this forum who claim UK citizenship posting support for the extreme right who as you say are in reality a threat to national security by eroding focus / resources on Islamists. In context of the OP the same members supporting insulting tweets regards the UK by a supporter of the alt right, Trump, then identify themselves as "Patriots" - LOL.

Edited by simple1

10 hours ago, 7by7 said:

Her 'comment' being a tweet calling for 'the final solution' to the Muslim problem!

Maybe that's a sentiment you share?

And maybe it's not.

And maybe it's a sentiment that you share but keep quiet about.

10 hours ago, 7by7 said:

Agree completely; except when you say "the perpetrators in the videos claim to be Muslims."

It is Britain First's Jayda Fransen who claimed the perpetrators in the videos are all Muslims; a claim which is false.

Not for the first time, Trump leapt upon this false claim without first checking the facts.

Unless mistaken, two of the three clips are of Muslims. Not that it's quite what Franzen or Trump are about, but not quite the wholesale denials as well.

7 hours ago, FreddieRoyle said:

Shame on you for trying to smear all white people due to the drunken actions of one thug. The vast majority of BF supporters are peaceful patriots.  Drunk drivers are not good, nor do the BF members and fans support drunk drivers.

I do not have your apparent intimate knowledge of the thoughts of Britain First members. However, this is not the first time a Britain First supporter has committed a violent act; the most notable being the murder of Jo Cox MP.

Inside Britain First: ex-member tells of petty rivalries, racism and violent anti-Muslim plots

I have seen nothing posted by anyone which could in anyway be described as "trying to smear all white people due to the drunken actions of one thug."  

However, not just this topic but this forum is full of posts from people definitely smearing all Muslims as terrorists or the supporters of terrorists because of the actions of a small percentage of Muslims; not just worldwide but those citizens of or resident in the UK and other western countries.

Indeed, the rest of your post attempts to do just that! Those spectators cheering etc. are as reprehensible as the perpetrators; but they do not represent the majority of Muslims.

1 hour ago, yogi100 said:

12 hours ago, 7by7 said:

Her 'comment' being a tweet calling for 'the final solution' to the Muslim problem!

Maybe that's a sentiment you share?

And maybe it's not.

And maybe it's a sentiment that you share but keep quiet about.

Do you know what a question mark means? (there's another one!)

You appeared to be supporting Hopkins and her tweet; hence my question.

1 hour ago, Morch said:

Unless mistaken, two of the three clips are of Muslims. Not that it's quite what Franzen or Trump are about, but not quite the wholesale denials as well.

So he was only 33.33% wrong; that's ok then! (Sarcasm)

1 hour ago, Morch said:

Some posters seem to be mixing war crimes and terrorism. Not always same same.

True, but that doesn't make the murder of 8,000 people insignificant!

There are evil people of all religions and none.

1 hour ago, 7by7 said:

So he was only 33.33% wrong; that's ok then! (Sarcasm)

True, but that doesn't make the murder of 8,000 people insignificant!

There are evil people of all religions and none.

There was nothing said in defense of Trump retweeting them clips, quite the opposite. Still doesn't change the fact that two of the three do feature Muslims. Denying it wholesale on the force of the other clip is misleading. Obviously, there was also naught said about "the murder of 8,000 people" being "insignificant". The point was more to do with the terms used.  

10 hours ago, Morch said:

There was nothing said in defense of Trump retweeting them clips, quite the opposite. Still doesn't change the fact that two of the three do feature Muslims. Denying it wholesale on the force of the other clip is misleading. Obviously, there was also naught said about "the murder of 8,000 people" being "insignificant". The point was more to do with the terms used.  

That the man with his finger on the nuclear button makes decisions based on information which is 33.1/3% incorrect frightens me; even if it doesn't you.

But it was you phrase 

14 hours ago, Morch said:

not quite the wholesale denials as well

which prompted my sarcasm. Wholesale denials of what? 

I fail to see your point; are you saying that there is a difference between being murdered by a terrorist and being murdered by a war criminal?

If so, what is that difference?

Given your usual aversion to answering direct questions put to you, I'm not anticipating a response: thus these questions are rhetorical.

5 hours ago, 7by7 said:

That the man with his finger on the nuclear button makes decisions based on information which is 33.1/3% incorrect frightens me; even if it doesn't you.

But it was you phrase 

which prompted my sarcasm. Wholesale denials of what? 

I fail to see your point; are you saying that there is a difference between being murdered by a terrorist and being murdered by a war criminal?

If so, what is that difference?

Given your usual aversion to answering direct questions put to you, I'm not anticipating a response: thus these questions are rhetorical.

You're at it again, implying things that weren't said or that are even contrary to expressed positions.

Never said anything in support of Trump on this, so that nonsense bit of "frightens me, even if it doesn't you" got nothing to stand on.

As for the "sarcasm", here are your own words: "It is Britain First's Jayda Fransen who claimed the perpetrators in the videos are all Muslims; a claim which is false.". The "logic" seems to be something along the lines of if-one-of-them-isn't-then-ignore-all-of-it. Spin it all you like.

And back with that old favorite  "are you saying..." bit. Of course, I never said anything of the sort. And doubt you cannot fathom the context from previous posts.

so after 19 pages, to summarize, at worst Trump was 66.6% correct. At best 100% correct. The mealy mouthed denials from the Danish embassy did not sufficiently address the issue. The chances are the lad beating the cripple was in fact from a "migration background" whether 1st or 2nd generation is still unclear, otherwise the embassy would not have issued such a convoluted statement. I am however prepared to accept that the cripple beater did not act explicitly due to his ideology, chances are he is just a young thug and had been brought up to not respect the Dutch.

59 minutes ago, FreddieRoyle said:

so after 19 pages, to summarize, at worst Trump was 66.6% correct. At best 100% correct. The mealy mouthed denials from the Danish embassy did not sufficiently address the issue. The chances are the lad beating the cripple was in fact from a "migration background" whether 1st or 2nd generation is still unclear, otherwise the embassy would not have issued such a convoluted statement. I am however prepared to accept that the cripple beater did not act explicitly due to his ideology, chances are he is just a young thug and had been brought up to not respect the Dutch.

No, he wasn't "correct" about anything much. Least of all retweeting them clips to begin with. Those clips had naught to do with the UK, nevermind the USA. And before going on about "correct", may want to try and get the country right (not Danish, but Dutch). Whatever interpretations you personally attach to these clips aren't facts.

Edited by Morch