Isaan Love Triangle: Thai Men Found Lacking By Farang-Loving Women

webfact

2 minutes ago, BEVUP said:

Frightening !! Well if i was single & capable with hopefully some stunner asking that question there would certainly be no hesitation in the reply

I feel for them, though! I mean, really, I know me. I'm not that much of a catch. Given the difficulties posed by culture and ethnicity they probably think I'm George Clooney. They haven't seen me wincing when I sit on my goolies, or shoveling rice into my face in front of the Tour de France for an hour and a half, wearing just a vest. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Morch said:

From the article you cited:

[Third, most of these women do not possess the appearance which is valued by Thai men (Chinese-like faces, white skin and skinny bodies). White men however find them attractive.]

This would pretty much explain every single Thai female in this OP.

1 minute ago, Berkshire said:

From the article you cited:

[Third, most of these women do not possess the appearance which is valued by Thai men (Chinese-like faces, white skin and skinny bodies). White men however find them attractive.]

This would pretty much explain every single Thai female in this OP.

Well, I'm not taking either article and related generalizations all THAT seriously.

7 hours ago, realenglish1 said:

I have been here for more than 15  years and I heart the same theme all the time

Farang respect their wives  Treat them well  as equals Usually don't disappear for a few days on a binge. Dont gamble to excess and of course have more money to spread around

The opposite is true of Thai men

Yes my wife's friends always ask me to find them a single farang friend with even just a bit of money.  They don't all expect us to be millionaires.   Had one over two nights ago getting help to set up on a dating site.

• Like 1

I think for the most part the commenters here who say "it's all about the money" either don't have money (or a Thai lady) or they have nothing Thai women want except for their money.

No doubt, for some Thai women it is indeed only about the money. However, for many Thai women money alone (even lots of it) is not enough for them to commit to a farang because they also want a man who is happy and positive thinking, funny, respectful, non-violent, and makes her sexual satisfaction a high priority. 

As one Thai woman explained it to me: "Thai man drink too much, gamble too much, spend my money, have sex with other lady, and I no finish." 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ryane66 said:

There are two totally different types of Isaan women in Isaan with faring husbands. Those previously working in Pattaya or the likes and returning with their farang husband. And those from Isaan that were usually previously married to a Thai man. What the author is describing l think is mainly the second group. Many in this group are educated and come from a good family. They can be teachers, lawyers, nurses, business ladies. Most are looking for a stable happy life. They are tired of the Thai males attitude. My partner is in this group and on a regular basis friends and work mates are asking her to find them a faring boyfriend/husband. 

Yes, but does she give the farang money now?

Fake. The young French guy in the photo is seen being able to totally assimilate into a Thai cultural lifestyle with what seems to be with absolutely no problems.

The reality; at his age he would not to be able to legally work within that Thai community and any Farlangs working at jobs usually reserved for poor Thais, such as farming etc, would be resented and probably experience much prejudice as a foreigner seen encroaching on the Thais turf. These Thai women marry Farlangs mostly for reasons of financial security and that young guy would have problems supporting himself let alone a Thai wife having high expectations of him. The majority of Farlang husbands in that region will be old men 50 and over that have accumulated life savings and assets over their lifetimes including now having pension incomes coming in from abroad. The young Frenchman probably has photos taken portraying himself doing his bit for a poor third world community as a do gooder and then returns to France with his Thai wife/girlfriend.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, totally thaied up said:

My wife has a swag of friends looking for a farang, and she is always getting asked if I have any friends free. I refuse to be caught up in anything like an introduction now for a few reasons.

I just now tell I cannot say if any of my male friends are good and to the guys back in my home country asking me to hook them up to a Thai girl, I tell them I cannot say if any of the girls are good.

Over the years, several of my friends have come over here to stay and they over time have changed. Many do have a wife and once every few months, they disappear for a few days on 'business' to the girls down in Bangkok.

I mean it's kinda hard to keep a clean slate here. I can't even go to a straight massage shop even with my wife in tow and not get an offer. Last week I was getting my feet massaged at a Spa with my wife sitting next to me. I was talking about a trip North. My wife had to go to the toilet, and during this time, the girl playing with my feet said if I was going by myself, she was free to go with me.

Sometimes it gets just a little too much this farang thing, and sometimes I feel like I am a commodity. I am sure some of us have felt this way. When I was younger in my 30's living here, it was fun. Now married and 48 years of age and pretty happy with my lot in life, throwing another woman even on a part-time basis into the mix would be hellish. I don't know how either a Thai or a farang can juggle it all. Just too hard for me.

Giving now an introduction to any party is just like placing a gun to your head. I just do not want to be flamed from an introduction that has soured. From other guys that I have seen do such introductions, many have had egg splashed all over the place as the relationship has turned into a nightmare and the mess has landed squarely within there laps. Living in the Philippines is much worse I can tell you about with this problem.

It depends on how much money we have and the types of lifestyles we are able to afford in Thailand. Regardless that most Thais believe we have cash coming out of our ears and a dollar is just a drop in the ocean, the reality is that the majority of us are living monthly on budgets. I would love to be able to go out socilising a few times a month, have the odd rent a girlfriend on occasions but I simply can`t afford it and I guess this applies to many of us. Unlike in the past Thailand is not the cheap adult playground it used to be, completely different to how Thailand is depicted in the west as a country where beautiful young desirable Thai woman are lusting over any males who have a white skin, regardless of age and financial status. Those days are long gone.

The old saying in Thailand; no money, no honey, is a fact. Don`t have enough money and I mean a lot of money, then they can delete women off the menu.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, kiwikeith said:

In many cases there ends up being a secret Thai boyfriend in the background, one guy I new was married to a Young Thai lady and when he went back to work on the rigs the Thai BF moved into the house, the whole village new and laughed about it.

Really, and did you tell him what was going on or did you just have a good laugh aswell with your Thai buddies.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, seancbk said:

So are you saying you don't know any well educated, wealthy Thais?   Not one Thai friend who has a successful business and has sent his kids to school overseas? 

You must move in some really impressive circles.

I doubt he moves in any circles, even those "35 million" wife beating laokhao drinking drunk layabouts have standards. It might be to early to call CB troll but we'll see.

• Like 1

This is why we are looked at like a walking wallet or ATM not rocket science for sure. Now days Thai ladies do know well about the exchange on our money just by knowing if you came from anywhere in the world.

So shopping for lady is ok as long you got the money.

16 hours ago, exparte said:

I live up country in Issan. What I see is the Women working to support the family while the men lie around drink and play cards all day long and then get into an argument with the wife and beat the kids; and for the ones who do work are usually have a couple of other women they are also supporting. It is not hard to see why these women are looking for men elsewhere. I wish I knew more eligible men.

How elegantly put, my observations also in Isaan.