Pack of Thai men on bikes "hired" to assault Kazakh guide in brazen Pattaya attack

snoop1130

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

49 minutes ago, Naam said:

living in Pattaya or its outskirts and using its top facilities does not require to like the city. what the Pattaya haters have to offer (calling it a shithole) is nothing but empty blah-blah.

Some very nice Hotels and equally nice places to eat around the area for sure. If that is what people are defending then fine.

Trying to say that the whole main section that is based on Soi bars and go-go bars is a  good place for a beach holiday is a non starter. 

The statements 'I think pattaya is wonderful' I believe come from the guys who spend most of their time in soi bars and go-go bars.

It's very rare for anyone to post about their enjoyable time, two weeks, staying in a nice hotel or eating in a really good restaurant.

When you mention Pattaya the first thing that springs into peoples minds is the vision of the sleaze side not the nicer areas outside the main centre.

3 hours ago, overherebc said:

Some very nice Hotels and equally nice places to eat around the area for sure. If that is what people are defending then fine.

Trying to say that the whole main section that is based on Soi bars and go-go bars is a  good place for a beach holiday is a non starter. 

my view is that of a resident who is not interested in go-go bars, Walking Street or beaches but appreciates

-one hour drive to Suvarnaswampy intl airport,

-top medical facilities,

-huge choice of restaurants respectively food shopping,

-rather reliable power supply

-available internet speed and choice of providers,

and last not least

-Thais who speak Tinglish.

12 hours ago, overherebc said:

Good grief, what an assumption. 

I probably spent more time in pattaya 10 to 15 years ago than 20 of the ones who post similar to you put together. First visit was early 90's.

It's what it has become that I don't like. 

In the times I was there it was fine to sit on the beach and relax and the water was fine for a swim. Yes all the go-go bars were there and people enjoyed the various 'services' provided.

Without a doubt there were a few fights around but not to the scale being reported nowadays.

I can remember walking along beach road without the smell of drains every 50 metres. The sea being a blue colour ???. Bars where the staff at least appeared interested, if they weren't they hid it well.

The girls weren't the Thai version of the UK's Rolly Poly dance group ( google it ) as they seem to be reported as being now.

Pattaya always had cracks in it's walls and papering over them every year isn't the solution. The smells come through the paper.

'You' enjoy pattaya as you do now and all the best to you for doing so. Don't assume that your view is the only real one.

And don't think age makes you scared of your own shadow as you put it.

Some of the older guys might just surprise you if you try putting it to their face ? not me though, I'm way passed that now.

Wow when I speak fondly of my own country being better in the past I get called a racist hahaha

Some off topic baiting and bickering posts have been removed, also replies, topic is about:

Pack of Thai men on bikes "hired" to assault Kazakh guide in brazen Pattaya attack

On 11/30/2017 at 10:04 PM, overherebc said:

Can someone remind me why I have absolutely no intention of visiting Pattaya.

Your admission to Food Land being the highlight of your last visit there should be an indication of your life and residential choices.

47 minutes ago, overherebc said:

You need to explain your thoughts that promted you to post that.

Seems like you do not want to visit Pattaya.

Fair enough, especially if Food Land is the best part of your time there.

Unless I misread your previous post.

On 12/1/2017 at 8:40 AM, overherebc said:

???

again might be correct. Last time I actually stayed there for a couple of days was probably 10 years ago.

A visit to Foodland is the big highlight for me now.

Aha, here it is.

4 minutes ago, HLover said:

Seems like you do not want to visit Pattaya.

Fair enough, especially if Food Land is the best part of your time there.

Unless I misread your previous post.

Basically Foodland is the only place I go in what I consider to be the pattaya I knew years ago. Stay 2 or 3 miles outside the original place I knew and you can find some nice beach areas restaurants and hotels. 

Don't want to sit in soi side bars with BOF's, like myself, ? and drunk europeans/brits etc with hordes of cheap holiday groups photographing everything while following a wee red flag. ??

4 hours ago, overherebc said:

Basically Foodland is the only place I go in what I consider to be the pattaya I knew years ago. Stay 2 or 3 miles outside the original place I knew and you can find some nice beach areas restaurants and hotels. 

Don't want to sit in soi side bars with BOF's, like myself, ? and drunk europeans/brits etc with hordes of cheap holiday groups photographing everything while following a wee red flag. ??

Odd, because 'years ago' Foodland wasn't there....nor was the road come to think of it

1 hour ago, Cranky said:

Odd, because 'years ago' Foodland wasn't there....nor was the road come to think of it

Here's an assumption.

You made that up, and someone agreed. ?

I stayed in the Town in Town when it was about a year old. It's just further down the road from where Foodland is.

I honestly can't remember if Foodland was there at that time. 

Edited by overherebc

43 minutes ago, overherebc said:

Here's an assumption.

You made that up, and someone agreed. ?

I stayed in the Town in Town when it was about a year old. It's just further down the road from where Foodland is.

I honestly can't remember if Foodland was there at that time. 

There is a Foodland in basement of Royal Garden, Harbor Mall and 3rd being built at Station 21 Mall

39 minutes ago, Tony125 said:

There is a Foodland in basement of Royal Garden, Harbor Mall and 3rd being built at Station 21 Mall

Quite a few more than that around Thailand.

Chain is originally from USA, maybe Honolulu, not sure though.

Re Central or Centre road I stayed in the 'then' Town in Town Hotel with my now ex from UK in the 90's but honestly can't remember if Foodland was there at that time.

Edited by overherebc

Quite a few more than that around Thailand. Chain is originally from USA, maybe Honolulu, not sure though.

Wikapedia: FoodLand, a chain of supermarkets in the Eastern USA Foodland (Canada), a chain of supermarkets owned by Sobeys in Canada Foodland (South Australia) chain of independent supermarkets in Australia Foodland (Thailand) chain of supermarkets in Thailand Foodland Hawaii chain of supermarkets in Hawaii, USA

Ok, I'll remind you - you are probably not illigally working as Ukrainian tour guide in Pattaya.

Also, there is probably a more valid reason you don't visit fun places - you have very likely  given up on life.

Any excuse not  have fun will do, here it's something to do with some Ukrainian working in Pattaya illegally. 

10 hours ago, whitemouse said:

Ok, I'll remind you - you are probably not illigally working as Ukrainian tour guide in Pattaya.

Also, there is probably a more valid reason you don't visit fun places - you have very likely  given up on life.

Any excuse not  have fun will do, here it's something to do with some Ukrainian working in Pattaya illegally. 

Fun things to do in Pattaya.

Swim with the brown trout.

Dodge the pavement pizzas.

Guess which hooker has the health warning 'may contain nuts' on her panties.

Play baht bus/taxi roullette, you can win 'pay 200 baht' or you can win 'a punch in the mouth'

Play 'find the beach chair' (rules change weekly )

What are your fun things to do?

??

Because in the same way as having a subscription to Playboy or Penthouse, you can live your life vicariously by trawling the Pattaya news pages?

28 minutes ago, overherebc said:

Fun things to do in Pattaya.

Swim with the brown trout.

Dodge the pavement pizzas.

Guess which hooker has the health warning 'may contain nuts' on her panties.

Play baht bus/taxi roullette, you can win 'pay 200 baht' or you can win 'a punch in the mouth'

Play 'find the beach chair' (rules change weekly )

What are your fun things to do?

??

Yes yes, dirty beaches and bad roads, nailed it! Traffic, you forgot traffic.

My (single guy, under 85) fun things to do in Pattaya? You know, I can't even come up with anything off the top of my head lol. Mini golf, maybe?

29 minutes ago, HLover said:

Never stayed at the Amari?

Ever stayed at the Damascus Hilton? 80's.

Did a few times, probably a pile of rubble now. ( I might google and find out ) 

Same situation, nice place but walk outside and in 50 metres it all goes to ratsh-t and in Patt's your back in the places that are not exactly what you would expect in a 'world class' resort.

On 11/30/2017 at 11:26 PM, BigBadGeordie said:

Well where do I start, maybe you do not like shopping; entertainent; world cuisine; 24 hour cities; fun?

Or maybe you do not like World Class beaches; sports hubs, comferece facilities; the worlds longests marathon; highest maritime safety standards.

Or perhaps you are xenophobic, many Chinese, Russians etc frequent Pattaya.

To bastardise a phrase from Samuel Johnson.

"When a man is tired of Pattaya, he is tired of life."

As a side issue I do not live there, I live in Issan.

"World Class beaches": the Pattaya cess pool? :biggrin: You can't be serious.

"the worlds longests marathon" (sic): A marathon is 42.195 kilometers long. Anything else is not a marathon. How does Pattaya the Hub of Cheating make it longer? By adding road accidents, smog, ladyboys, obese drunks, rabid dogs, homeless junkies, muggers and pickpockets as extra obstacles?

"highest maritime safety standards": What have you been smoking? :clap2::cheesy:

"many Chinese, Russians etc frequent Pattaya": It's a must-visit classy resort, then.

7 hours ago, chippendale said:

"World Class beaches": the Pattaya cess pool? :biggrin: You can't be serious.

"the worlds longests marathon" (sic): A marathon is 42.195 kilometers long. Anything else is not a marathon. How does Pattaya the Hub of Cheating make it longer? By adding road accidents, smog, ladyboys, obese drunks, rabid dogs, homeless junkies, muggers and pickpockets as extra obstacles?

"highest maritime safety standards": What have you been smoking? :clap2::cheesy:

"many Chinese, Russians etc frequent Pattaya": It's a must-visit classy resort, then.

Such a shame that some people don't get sarcasm.