No way Norway - Pattaya cops rumble tourist's "snatch theft" insurance swindle

webfact

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just another low class on holiday. Eating breakfast yesterday here in Chiang Mai and a girl came in how much for coffee and toast. 50b for coffee and 30b for toast, butter and jam, out the door she went. I guess she wants it for free

Edited by moe666

1 hour ago, ttrd said:

BTW, Yohansson is not a Norwegian name if a name at all - Johansson is Swedish and Johansen is Norwegian....

Anyway - this is not about the name, but all about a "fool" and his "Money" which both got lost after entering Pattaya's "red light" area...;)

Like the fact that Muhammad is not a Norwegian name, but can still be a Norwegian?

I have myself a -sson name, and have been Norwegian for 5 generations.

This dude however almost makes me embarrassed to be a Norwegian. But I guess insurance fraud is worldwide.

56 minutes ago, moe666 said:

Just another low class on holiday. Eating breakfast yesterday here in Chiang Mai and a girl came in how much for coffee and toast. 50b for coffee and 30b for toast, butter and jam, out the door she went. I guess she wants it for free

I actually don`t get your point. In Pattaya, one pretty big cup of ice-coffee bought on the street, costs 20 bath. That`s what thais usually pay, a farang usually 25 bath. She probably just wanted to pay a "normal" priced street-coffee, but then she obviously can`t buy it in a shop. 

1 hour ago, moe666 said:

Or she was just checking the place out, maybe to come back the next day, or even later... 

Can't help thinking about the rare occasions that passports and credit cards don't appear on the list of missing items when it comes to insurance claims. You know, the really hard stuff you would need to replace. This must be a massive heads up for the police.

And yes, I can hear the minds of a few thinking they would keep these in their pockets in  case their bag got snatched...................:smile:

Yet they would still keep money in the same bag........................:thumbsup:

2 hours ago, moe666 said:

people often see signs promoting breakfast, coffee or other food. whats wrong with researching a bit? maybe she will find a better deal and or decide on a different more expensive meal.

if i travel in thailand i usually avoid the 50 baht coffee places because usually that 50 baht espresso or capuchino is made with bitter tasting thai coffee beans whereas a 7/11 14 baht coffee tastes better.  i dont mind paying if it is good coffee, seagafredo for example or a micro roaster that does it right. i have roasting experience as well as barista experience.

Edited by atyclb

I recall a story a couple of years ago where the Thai police, while they were taking a suspect theft report, would actually send an officer to the peoples hotel and get the manager to let them in, often finding the very item that was being reported as stolen.

They would catch 3-4 people a week, often returning to the police station with the camera, ipod etc, before the report was finished.

It was on a British TV show about what happens in Thailand, around Kohsan RD.

This dork should be lined up and slapped by anyone and everyone who has had their insurance premiums bumped up due to <deleted> like this. He is probably shaking the chiefs hand in the hope it will grant him some form of leniency for his crime! 

Edited by Dukeleto

3 hours ago, thaibreaker said:

Like the fact that Muhammad is not a Norwegian name, but can still be a Norwegian?

I have myself a -sson name, and have been Norwegian for 5 generations.

This dude however almost makes me embarrassed to be a Norwegian. But I guess insurance fraud is worldwide.

It is a difference between a name and a no-name - as I said, Yohansson is not a registered name. This is a normal typing error as always...;)

Insurance scam exist ww and it is increasing year by year- hence this fact the cost of Insurance itself increases....

BTW, what is Your def for "almost"...??... I assume he made you embarrassed or he didn't...;)

Edited by ttrd

11 hours ago, Jdietz said:

The Thai police force, not very good at solving murders, but fraud? now you've hit their area of expertise!

I've read many times of many murders being solved by Thai police.

3 minutes ago, HerbalEd said:

I've read many times of many murders being solved by Thai police.

Usually quite quickly as well .

Although it isnt usually a difficult task to identify and arrest the murderer as he is quite often one of the group who were drinking alcohol and drives off on his motorbike to hide in his Uncles home 2 kilometers away and leaves his bike parked outside 

Sanook did not explain why the tourist was heartily shaking the hand of the smiling Pattaya station chief as seen in our picture this morning.

Probably just after "Yohansson agreed that they could keep all the goodies !

8 hours ago, Happyman58 said:

No they wont Next time they will tell the persons involved Make it 60,000 and you can give us half Get it right next time  

Sorry forgot. It's Thailand and land of honesty and monks being arrested!

Edited by wavemanwww

22 hours ago, webfact said:

"Yohansson" ,29

HIs name is Johansen , a very common name in Norway . 

Can they copy his passport and publish it here on TV we will find out more. 

A young Norwegian from one of the richest countries in the world end up as a  simple criminal. What a shame .

19 hours ago, ttrd said:

It is a difference between a name and a no-name - as I said, Yohansson is not a registered name. This is a normal typing error as always...;)

Insurance scam exist ww and it is increasing year by year- hence this fact the cost of Insurance itself increases....

BTW, what is Your def for "almost"...??... I assume he made you embarrassed or he didn't...;)

Touché ;)

Almost, because I don't really care, and know that Norwegians also have their share of criminals ?