Redshirts Dispute Link To Rice Field Weapons Cache

webfact

Redshirts Dispute Link To Rice Field Weapons Cache

By Teeranai Charuvastra, Staff Reporter

02_uxB4bKE-696x442.jpg

Hand grenades displayed by police Wednesday at a news conference in Chachoengsao province

BANGKOK — A top junta official said Friday that a weapons cache discovered recently by police could belong to a man believed to have died four months ago.

The stack, which consists of grenades and rifle rounds, was found in a rural area of Chachoengsao province. Deputy junta chairman Prawit Wongsuwan linked it to “hardcore” Redshirt activist Wutthipong “Ko Tee” Kochathmmakun, who went missing in July and is widely thought to have been abducted and murdered.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/politics/2017/12/01/redshirts-dispute-link-rice-field-weapons-cache/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2017-12-01

8 minutes ago, webfact said:

Deputy junta chairman Prawit Wongsuwan linked it to “hardcore” Redshirt activist Wutthipong “Ko Tee” Kochathmmakun, who went missing in July and is widely thought to have been abducted and murdered.

Great news!

When Prawit is linking a "newly-discovered" arms cache to the Red Shirts, then the chances of an election occurring are going up.

I am looking forward to all the "newly-discovered" caches in the future...

25 minutes ago, Samui Bodoh said:

a "newly-discovered" arms cache to the Red Shirts, then the chances of an election occurring are going up.

Shouldn't this be down?  Each new cache means an election is put back to ensure no violence.  There'll be one a month for the next four years.

they denied killing the kids etc too even though they cheered and clapped when it was announced on the stage, reds are beyond help like the yellows but he reds have a lot more violence in them. Both groups should be declared illegal, they are the ones that cause all the violence and problems, beefing up the firearms regs would help too, bit too easy for people to get weapons etc here

11 minutes ago, seajae said:

they denied killing the kids etc too even though they cheered and clapped when it was announced on the stage, reds are beyond help like the yellows but he reds have a lot more violence in them. Both groups should be declared illegal, they are the ones that cause all the violence and problems, beefing up the firearms regs would help too, bit too easy for people to get weapons etc here

You'd have to make their sponsors illegal as well.

That's never going to happen with the Yellows.

So it's back "down the snake" to square one.

Edited by Enoon

13 minutes ago, seajae said:

Both groups should be declared illegal, 

Can they also declare the north korean government illegal at the same time, that will ease tension in asia overnight.

And declare all crime illegal, so we are done with that also.

I don't think it's wise, or even sensible to point fingers at the redshirts or the yellowshirts as being the villains of the piece. The reality seems to me that you have one group of people who have been thoroughly exploited, and another group of people who represent those who have been doing the exploiting and would quite like to do more of it.

You have one group of people who say they are defending democracy and another group of people who say they are defending the monarchy, which is an emotive issue in Thailand for right or wrong. Despite there being no obvious threat.

You have one group of people who include some of the poorest people I have ever seen, and you have another group of people who include some of the richest people it is possible to conceive of.

And then you have the Armed Forces, who decide for themselves what they will do and who they will support, and feel free to ignore the instructions of the government of the people - whom the  constitution somewhat ingenuously says are the supreme power in the country. What is not ingenuous. or even in doubt, is that these same armed forces play no useful role in defence against an external enemy, yet fee entitled to shoot unarmed civilians on the basis that some of those civilians had sticks and stoned to throw, and some may have been wearing black shirts.

Everything else is a matter of who you choose to believe, and it does appear to be a choice. Like many choices (including choices of football team, hairstyle, musicians etc), it completely amazes me that there are people on this forum who will abuse and vilify people of a different opinion to them, merely on the basis of what they have chosen to believe. Let's be honest, this is a form of tribalism, no more and appropriate for savages not supposedly enlightened people..

It does not speak well of the intelligence of many of the supposed literati that they will willingly involve themselves in such a complete stupidity. And what does it say about the Thai people who are the actual protagonists and not just the spectators? I would rather not say for fear that some numbskull is going to vilify me for having an opinion (albeit an opinion which I can support) which is different from their own, which is apparently a real risk..

This is my opinion, for what it's worth, which should not surprise anyone with an IQ higher than a rock in their garden.

Edited by Sid Celery

24 minutes ago, Zooheekock said:

Yes, of course. In 2010, the army didn't shoot dead scores of people in the centre of Bangkok, did they. Nope. Never happened. 

so you want to white wash the reds involvement, they started it they were the ones that barricaded the city, threatened to blow it up, burn it down(both of which they actually started doing) started the shooting all on thaksins orders, then complained when the army returned fire, you want to blame someone, look no further than the one that planned it all, thaksin, he paid the reds to do his dirty work and still does but that doesnt suit the red apologists does it

3 minutes ago, seajae said:

so you want to white wash the reds involvement, they started it they were the ones that barricaded the city, threatened to blow it up, burn it down(both of which they actually started doing) started the shooting all on thaksins orders, then complained when the army returned fire, you want to blame someone, look no further than the one that planned it all, thaksin, he paid the reds to do his dirty work and still does but that doesnt suit the red apologists does it

Ah yes, The root of all evil: Thaksin.

What a lot of nonsense.

Yes, of course. In 2010, the army didn't shoot dead scores of people in the centre of Bangkok, did they. Nope. Never happened. 

Peace and order needed restored it was the only way - also that sniper needed to take out that dude that was talking too much - it is the only way surely that is obvious?

One of the strangest things about Thaivisa (aside from its absolutely unremitting awfulness) is the astonishingly rabid and seemingly ineradicable anti-red shirt nature of the place. Even back in the early 2000s, the angry pensioners here were rattling their walking frames at him.

Anyway, I'm not trying to 'white wash the reds involvement'. I'm merely pointing out that army snipers shot a lot of unarmed people in the head so claiming that the reds (and perhaps the yellows in their non-army incarnation) 'cause all the violence and problems' is patently ludicrous. Sadly though, given the venue, the appearance of this kind of nonsense is deeply, deeply predictable.

Edited by Zooheekock

One of the strangest things about Thaivisa (aside from its absolutely unremitting awfulness) is the astonishingly rabid and seemingly ineradicable anti-red shirt nature of the place. Even back in the early 2000s, the angry pensioners here were rattling their walking frames at him.

Anyway, I'm not trying to 'white wash the reds involvement'. I'm merely pointing out that army snipers shot a lot of unarmed people in the head so claiming that the reds (and perhaps the yellows in their non-army incarnation) 'cause all the violence and problems' is patently ludicrous. Sadly though, given the venue, the appearance of this kind of nonsense is deeply, deeply predictable.

I wasnt taking a side one way or another - i am a tourist so none of my business. If I hear a gun I walk the other way unless I have one myself and it is my job - I was merely voicing concern as to how political 'gatherings' are dealt with

40 minutes ago, Sid Celery said:

And then you have the Armed Forces, who decide for themselves what they will do and who they will support, and feel free to ignore the instructions of the government of the people

Just because they ignore the instructions of the government (of the day), doesn't mean they decide anything for themselves.  They get marching orders.  Just not always from the government of the day.

4 minutes ago, impulse said:

Just because they ignore the instructions of the government (of the day), doesn't mean they decide anything for themselves.  They get marching orders.  Just not always from the government of the day.

And I'm quite sure everyone here knows precisely who is the villain of that piece, whatever hue they own to.

17 minutes ago, Zooheekock said:

Mass murder by the state and extreme political repression (which is what 2010 was) is everyone's business, whether or not you happen to be a citizen of the country in which it happens.

Mass murder and extreme political repression???? Were you even in Thailand at that time? I was and remember a totally different situation with the government showing a lot of restraint towards the anarchy in the streets.

If the government acted like you suggested the toll would have been far worse.

Edited by whatsupdoc

1 hour ago, seajae said:

Please explain to me how beefing up firearms registration might do something, at all, for illegal, repeat illegal, weaponry?

1 hour ago, Zooheekock said:

Wasn't there also some arson, grenadeplay, shooting done by the "demonstrators", like in 2016 by the "anti-demonstrators"?

Selective memory is a very convenient treat.

Thailand has never embraced democracy (as we know it as westerners). There have been terrible atrocities by the authorites against the people; Red drum, Tamasaart, Red Shirts and others and it is all about control and domination.

The 1% of decision makers (elite) and their 24% of followers/hangers-on (doing nicely, thank you) are not going to conceed to the 75% easily. And with the military only too willing to throw in behind the elite it makes one wonder if democracy can ever get a decent foothold let alone blossom.

If the Thai impoverished are ever going to get a square deal then they need help; the Reds seem to be their only salvation.

52 minutes ago, SoulWater said:

Peace and order needed restored it was the only way - also that sniper needed to take out that dude that was talking too much - it is the only way surely that is obvious?

A much better way would have been to dispel any doubt about the legitimacy of the government by quickly dissolving the assembly and organise elections within 60 days, as Yingluck did.

(Un)surprisingly enough it is perceived by Thaksin-haters as being too much for Abhisit to accept, and not enough for Yingluck.

(Un)surprisingly enough, the army happily fighted against protesters in 2010, but refused to do so in 2014, although the democratic damage (block elections) was much higher.

2 minutes ago, candide said:

A much better way would have been to dispel any doubt about the legitimacy of the government by quickly dissolving the assembly and organise elections within 60 days, as Yingluck did.

(Un)surprisingly enough it is perceived by Thaksin-haters as being too much for Abhisit to accept, and not enough for Yingluck.

(Un)surprisingly enough, the army happily fighted against protesters in 2010, but refused to do so in 2014, although the democratic damage (block elections) was much higher.

Abhisit did offer new elections but after a mysterious phone call (by Mr T.?) to the Red leadership that offer was rejected.

Before the army made an end to the protests in 2010 already quite a number of soldiers and innocent bystanders had died at the hands of the Reds. The situation with the yellow protesters was indeed different (no grenade attacks by them on military or bystanders).