Good Thai bank that has a visa debit card?

2 minutes ago, tutsiwarrior said:

it sez 'K - Max' on the card...maybe some promotion that they had at the time...at the time I was just relieved that I could open the account as I expected trouble from them; small local branch, etc...now that I'm a penurious pensioner I'll havta look into it...

OK that is the insurance card and currently 650 baht per year - as you/we are getting old and hurting your/ourself you might want to explore making claims process for some return on your investment. 

https://www.kasikornbank.com/en/personal/debit-card/Pages/k-max.aspx

19 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

OK that is the insurance card and currently 650 baht per year - as you/we are getting old and hurting your/ourself you might want to explore making claims process for some return on your investment. 

https://www.kasikornbank.com/en/personal/debit-card/Pages/k-max.aspx

insurance included? well, they paid out...when I broke my leg earlier this year I collected about 5000baht from K - bank on insurance that I didn't know that I had...didn't know that it was connected to my debit card status...

didn't even havta file a claim, they musta been alerted as I paid all the hospital bills with the debit card...the step daughter had to go to the branch and sign something...

a Chronicle of a broken leg foretold; 'and yew think that yer such a nice guy, tutsi? excellent karma?...well, HA! I got a little unpleasantness for ye later on in the year...good thing yew got that K - bank insurance...'

Edited by tutsiwarrior

I have "real" credit cards with AmEx, Citi and SCB, very sensible credit limits too (and the Citi MasterCard works in Makro).

Of course I have a long term work-permit and a very decent salary.

For our OP, a serious look at SCB is suggested.

Yes, me too. I have "real" with Amex Thailand, Bangkok Bank Visa and Master Card.
My Amex Gold has no limit as per Amex as long as I pay the bill on time. It happened to me to have up to 500,000b bill in a month. I was offered few year ago by Amex Thailand to get the Amex Platinum but I declined
My Bangkok Bank Visa Platinum and MasterCard (Air Asia) have each 80,000b credit limit.
None of my credit cards have any secured funds blocked by the bank in a separate deposit account.
I am not working in Thailand. I am on Non O 1 year visa (based on child) but of course I have good incomes and believe good credit history.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Reply from Bangkok Bank today re my inquiry about Visa card...

AKA we don't give a flying fox

I've already opened an SCB Mastercard debit account.

Dear Mr. Cxxxxxxxxxx,

First of all, we apologize for any inconvenience that has occurred.

Referring to your problem about using TPN Union Pay Card, please be inform that currently the bank is offering just TPN Union Pay Card. The Be1st Smart TPN Union Pay card can be used to withdraw money at Bangkok Bank ATMs nationwide and other banks' ATMs that accept chip cards. Also, you can easily shop at any store in Thailand with the Thai payment network sign or UnionPay sign and across the world with the UnionPay sign and Travel mate.Asia sign. 

However we thank you for your comment. We have forwarded your comment to the section involved for their attention on improving the service with more efficiently. Your comments and suggestion are very important to us and we will always use them to improve our service to meet the customer need.

For more information, please contact us at Bualuang Phone Tel. 1333 or 0-2645-5555 or send a message to us via Bank Mail. 

Best regards
Bualuang iBanking

On 2/12/2560 at 1:10 AM, rodknock said:

yea, the union pay card is useless. went to tesco and big c and they did not accept it.

totally useless.

went to bangkok bank and they ordered me a new visa debit card. they do not "give" them out any more but you can order one. takes a week and even comes with your name on it.

Please - when did you get that replacement and where did you get it in which branch -

I have the same problem

and all Branches I spoke to

and the Calling Center,

the Special Card Calling Center persons

and my e-mail contact with Bangkok Bank now,

all deny that they gave out any Visa Debit cards replacements now!

Also not possible to order one, I am told everywhere. 

:post-4641-1156693976:

On 2/12/2560 at 2:26 PM, PETERTHEEATER said:

I asked my branch of Bangkok Bank if they had yet received my replacement VISA Debit card and was told the application had been returned because they no longer issue VISA card only the useless Chinese 'UnionPay' which did not work for me in UK yet worked in Italy. Also cannot be used for most on-line transactions and local retailers. 

Ditching VISA will cost the BBL customers!

Yet, another poster (above) says that they will issue them seemingly reluctantly and I suspect that BBL staff in provincial branches have been told to push the UnionPay card. According to BBL Website VISA DEbit are still available but again, it also trumpets how UnionPAy can be used Internationally.

I shall contact BBL HQ Bangkok and get their version!

all Branches I spoke to

and the Calling Center,

Also not possible to order one, I am told everywhere. :post-4641-1156693976:

On 2/12/2560 at 3:21 PM, David B in Thailand said:

This week in Buriram at the Bangkok Bank Branch upstairs in the Robinson Lifestyle Center, 100% I can confirm they would gladly issue a Visa Debit card with a Rabbit logo.  It was not free, but it was modest to buy and the annual fee was 300 baht or less. The customer service woman communicated very well in English. I do not "bank" at this branch, but she gladly sold me a Visa Debit card for my account that is open in a different community branch of Bangkok Bank. 

I have such a Rabbit Visa card purchased with some kind of insurance included for 600 Baht a year or more ago only to get a Visa Debit Card from Bangkok Bank again which I loose to often - but now, I found no way to get a new replacement card and I tried hard and often in different ways!

all Branches I spoke to

and the Calling Center,

Also not possible to order one, I am told everywhere. :post-4641-1156693976:

On 2/12/2560 at 5:21 PM, natway09 said:

Why not just go to your local bank & get a proper credit card ?

Monthly statements & pretty good protection along with easy to use on the net

I not qualify anymore for a Credit Card :saai: