Question about SETV from Ho Chi Minh City

I heard the Thai consulate in Ho Chi Minh City is relatively friendly if you have some documents. Was told they may ask to see a ticket into and out of Thailand such as a flight booking or maybe even bus tickets booked online may be ok. And also a bank statement may be asked for.

What I want to find out is this -

Is an online booking of a bus ticket ok to show for the ticket into Thailand?

And for the bank statement where they would want to see 20000 THB in an account, is it ok if I show them an updated Thai bank book balance of that amount if the update was done 2-3 days before the day I'm at the Consulate? I suppose I could update the bankbook before I fly over and try to go to the consulate the same day or next but I am trying to leave space for error.

HCMC will accept anything remotely resembling their requirements as long as they do not get the impression you are trying to fool them with something fake. I have even used an ATM printout with an old bank statement to prove I was the owner of the account referenced in the ATM slip. They will not waive their requirements completely, however.

Overall, HCMC is a good place to apply. Hanoi is similar. The only consulate in the region I find even better is Hong Kong.