Mike's Shopping mall construction

bkk6060

Did not see a post on this.

They are apparently turning the mall into a hotel.  The first floor will remain the same the rest will be a hotel.

I walked around up there recently and there is a lot of empty space so it should be quite large.

Lot's of bang clang noise going on now as the pile ons off 2nd road are being put up.

1 hour ago, champers said:

They are heavily advertising on local radio: the gym, the supermarket (?), the designer clothing, massages. I have only ever used it as a cooling shortcut. Good luck to them. They are in a prime spot.

No more shortcuts. Entrance from Sai 2 has been closed for more than a month.

16 minutes ago, anfh said:

Great news, just what Pattaya needs, another hotel . 

In that location? A sufficient number of guests will think so.

But as with all new development, some posters will always fall victim to TVF Poster New Construction Syndrome.

Actually, Pattaya has always decided for itself what it needs. A "free beer & wimmen" facility has never been in the cards, unfortunately. And needs determination on TVF is SO totally ignored. Besides, it's contradictory. Third Road was also thought not needed when it was first constructed.

So, guess you'll just have to suck it up. Go, Mike!

5 hours ago, newnative said:

Nice to see they are finally finishing the ugly back of the building facing Second Road.  Now if they could just paint the pink Mike Hotel in North Pattaya that has been in dire need of a paint job for a number of years. 

The Mikes used to be the big cheese in Pattaya for many years, but have fallen on hard times. All the tourists being bused in every night to buy stuff have long gone.

Even Mike hotel can't afford to fix the lift that goes to ground level, which is why I didn't stay there again.

6 minutes ago, JSixpack said:

In that location? A sufficient number of guests will think so.

But as with all new development, some posters will always fall victim to TVF Poster New Construction Syndrome.

Actually, Pattaya has always decided for itself what it needs. A "free beer & wimmen" facility has never been in the cards, unfortunately. And needs determination on TVF is SO totally ignored. Besides, it's contradictory. Third Road was also thought not needed when it was first constructed.

So, guess you'll just have to suck it up. Go, Mike!

Third Road was also thought not needed when it was first constructed

According to whom? 

The problem with 3rd road is that they didn't build more lanes while they had the chance, or at least reserve the space to build more as required.

It was built through fields.

5 hours ago, newnative said:

Nice to see they are finally finishing the ugly back of the building facing Second Road.  Now if they could just paint the pink Mike Hotel in North Pattaya that has been in dire need of a paint job for a number of years. 

Hope they don't use the existing wires. They must be rotten after decades of exposure.

14 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

According to whom? 

The problem with 3rd road is that they didn't build more lanes while they had the chance, or at least reserve the space to build more as required.

I've already given you the exact quotation in a previous post. I also gave you a list of others in response to your queries and denials and your response was merely, "have a good day." I've also previously addressed your "3rd Rd extra lane" tic. I can't be arsed to give it to you again just because you can't remember even what you yourself said.

2 minutes ago, JSixpack said:

I've already given you the exact quotation in a previous post. I also gave you a list of others in response to your queries and denials and your response was merely, "have a good day." I've also previously addressed your "3rd Rd extra lane" tic. I can't be arsed to give it to you again just because you can't remember even what you yourself said.

No, I can't remember what I wrote months or years ago, unlike you that are apparently blessed with a photographic memory.

:cheesy:

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

According to whom? 

And, they didn't learn anything from 3rd Road when they built the Jomtien Second Road extension. The lanes are way too narrow at the intersections and the U-Turn lanes are only about half as wide as a car.  But, the sidewalks are very wide... where I never see anyone walking.  Pity those nice wide sidewalks aren't in Pattaya.

13 minutes ago, newnative said:

And, they didn't learn anything from 3rd Road when they built the Jomtien Second Road extension. The lanes are way too narrow at the intersections and the U-Turn lanes are only about half as wide as a car.  But, the sidewalks are very wide... where I never see anyone walking.  Pity those nice wide sidewalks aren't in Pattaya.

Jomtien needs a seaside shopping mall so the wide pavements will be used and pattaya needs wider pavements now it out of balance!

11 minutes ago, Destiny1990 said:

Jomtien needs a seaside shopping mall so the wide pavements will be used and pattaya needs wider pavements now it out of balance!

Patience, patience.   In the meantime, check out the nicely re-done Homeworks, now called Baan and Beyond, and the collection of stores, some new, in front of it.

2 hours ago, newnative said:

Patience, patience.   In the meantime, check out the nicely re-done Homeworks, now called Baan and Beyond, and the collection of stores, some new, in front of it.

Whats good about it?

what annoys me with homework are the dozen of store clerks standing at the entrance door just to say sawadeekrap.

i do not really see the advantage for that..

10 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

Mike's Hotel?

seriously its great location for an hotel and it has great views and a good seabreeze pool..

and with legendary kiss food restro infront what more would u need?

Described "legendary"

LeoTex

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Kiss is indeed a legend among any Pattaya aficionado.

It's also the lead standard (as opposed to gold standard) for real estate sellers. Hence you'll sometimes see a notice at the end of an ad that "no time-wasters or Kiss eaters" need inquire about the property.

Archived