Don in dark over claim of UK passport for Yingluck

webfact

Once again, the military administration speaks on behalf of foreign governments, foreign leaders, foreign ministers or foreign officials and the press lap it up.

This frequent habit of issuing completely false information on behalf of foreign administrations is the real story.

The farmers committing suicide comments do not stand up, there will be a load of farmers in the UK topping themselves when they lose their EC grants or cant get cheap labour from Eastern Europe to work in the fields......... will all the 17million or so people who voted for Brexit be responsible for their deaths? Answer: no. Therefore Yingluck is not responsible for the suicides of Thai rice farmers.

Re Yingluck having a British Passport, it is probable that she would have the sympathetic contacts within the British government to ensure fast tracking

19 hours ago, jayboy said:

Here we go again though by this time it's hard to credit.Wittering on about farmers suicides by definition loses all credibility.

The current government's incompetence has lost Thailand billions of Baht and unlike Yingluck it has no democratic mandate.Do they deserve to be in prison?

But, but, but the Junta....................... how quickly some mimic those they previously criticized.

And yeah, heaven forbid anyone mention farmer's suicides in connection with Yingluck's lies they'd be paid when they'd been waiting for a long time.

The only loss of credibility is yours with the continued and usual denial of anything remotely showing the Shins in  bad light.

15 minutes ago, jayboy said:

But she doesn’t and nor does her brother.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

No they don't. But her brother owns an nice very valuable London property. And both she and her brother are billionaires. Private jets, vip travel, and wasn't London the destination of all those suitcases when her nieces rushed off to London around coup time?

I'd think she could easily afford the UK Investment visa option if she wanted. Notwithstanding discussions on the conviction and supposed extradition.

4 hours ago, jayboy said:

Is she hiding? My impression is that she is in the UK and is simply keeping a low profile.There is no "cat to be let out of the bag".In any case apart from the unhinged zealots in Thailand (as well as dopey expats who think she should do time in prison) I doubt whether anybody sane believes she is guilty of any crime.I have no idea whether she has received a UK passport but I wouldn't be surprised.There certainly are Thai politicians who should do time in prison (overseeing murder of civilians, illegally grabbing power, military procurement scandals etc etc) but that's a different subject and what is more the offenders are all "good people".

Why do you always feel the need to declare only your views are sane; people who have different views must be unhinged or "dopey"?

It makes you look either incredibly insecure or simply arrogant. Of course it could be both!

4 hours ago, hansnl said:

Are you quite certain about the loss of billions by the current government.

Can you produce numbers, adjusted for changes?

Or are you just venting your irritations?

producing and distributing anti junta materials can get you in trouble, so that’s not a great idea

and... when yingluk tried to introduce evidence, the courts wouldn’t allow some of it.. so what use evidence?

and... this is a comedy thread, right? Surely no rational thinker, could be irritated

21 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

But, but, but the Junta....................... how quickly some mimic those they previously criticized.

And yeah, heaven forbid anyone mention farmer's suicides in connection with Yingluck's lies they'd be paid when they'd been waiting for a long time.

The only loss of credibility is yours with the continued and usual denial of anything remotely showing the Shins in  bad light.

Anybody is free to refer to "farmers suicides" as you have just done.It simply means you have lost - on the Godwins Law principle - the argument (not least because the usual suspects always ignore or gloss over how the banks were pressurised not to lend)

21 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

No they don't. But her brother owns an nice very valuable London property. And both she and her brother are billionaires. Private jets, vip travel, and wasn't London the destination of all those suitcases when her nieces rushed off to London around coup time?

I'd think she could easily afford the UK Investment visa option if she wanted. Notwithstanding discussions on the conviction and supposed extradition.

Of course she could afford it.You of course are keen to believe she is just another itinerant tycoon heading for London.You can't bring yourself to believe that in the civilized world there is much sympathy for a democratically legitimate leader hounded by a vicious vendetta, and she certainly doesn't need an "investment visa".

22 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

Why do you always feel the need to declare only your views are sane; people who have different views must be unhinged or "dopey"?

It makes you look either incredibly insecure or simply arrogant. Of course it could be both!

I have never claimed that so your insecurity gibe makes no sense.However when I see ignorance or dishonesty (or both) I often point it out.If that is interpreted by some as arrogance, so be it.

18 hours ago, wakeupplease said:

Don the embassy will not tell you what the UK government is doing or have done as its nothing to do with you is it. But when they do give Yingluk asylum that"s their decision and guess what you can do sweet sod all about it can you, so move on and give the Thai people back their country.

For the sake of anyone who is a British expat living in Thailand I really hope that the British government does not give YL a British passport/citizenship because this is a place where anything can happen and even specific expat groups get targeted by immigration...

On 04/12/2017 at 2:57 PM, z42 said:

Yingluck deserves to be in prison, her ineptitude and malfeasance caused huge monetary losses and even played some part in farmers taking their own lives

Can you show me in which regard she was different from ANY other Thai politician? Elected or not.. Also you should come to the real world here and share your opinions with the farmers around here, in Buriram.

On 04/12/2017 at 2:17 PM, trigpoint said:

So where did this groundless report come from. The article says the UK doesn't have any policy of giving out passports in lieu of big investment in the country. It would take a long time to get one, starting with a settlement visa.

Please 

On 12/10/2017 at 8:47 AM, KiChakayan said:

Can you show me in which regard she was different from ANY other Thai politician? Elected or not.. Also you should come to the real world here and share your opinions with the farmers around here, in Buriram.

The difference between the return of Thaksin in Yingluck's body and every other Thai politician, elected or not, is that every other Thai politician instinctively knew there was a limit to how much power you could take for yourself, and that stability requires you spread the wealth around and consider concerns other than your own once in a while. As long as you do this and play by the rules, you are allowed to be corrupt and steal wealth from the Thai people. It's always been that way, and it still is that way today.

Yingluck/Thaksin tried to take it all for themselves by giving just a few scraps to those who have always been ignored. That is the "real world" you speak of. The righteous feeling that Yingluck/Thaksin needs to go to jail is because they started a war that destabilized the country. Constitutions here are just toilet paper, but the cultural reality of how things are done is paramount. Thaksin was guilty of treason against that reality. Nobody else has ever done that. There are ways to help the Issan farmers without overthrowing that which allows Thailand to preserve the peace. Thaksin could have even been the richest man in the country and wielded immense power if he just knew when to defer and accept his station.

No other Thai politician has ever been that arrogant or presumptuous. That is why he is special. I think even the farmers in Buriram would agree with that. I know I have talked to some in Surin who do.

The difference between the return of Thaksin in Yingluck's body and every other Thai politician, elected or not, is that every other Thai politician instinctively knew there was a limit to how much power you could take for yourself, and that stability requires you spread the wealth around and consider concerns other than your own once in a while. As long as you do this and play by the rules, you are allowed to be corrupt and steal wealth from the Thai people. It's always been that way, and it still is that way today.

Yingluck/Thaksin tried to take it all for themselves by giving just a few scraps to those who have always been ignored. That is the "real world" you speak of. The righteous feeling that Yingluck/Thaksin needs to go to jail is because they started a war that destabilized the country. Constitutions here are just toilet paper, but the cultural reality of how things are done is paramount. Thaksin was guilty of treason against that reality. Nobody else has ever done that. There are ways to help the Issan farmers without overthrowing that which allows Thailand to preserve the peace. Thaksin could have even been the richest man in the country and wielded immense power if he just knew when to defer and accept his station.

No other Thai politician has ever been that arrogant or presumptuous. That is why he is special. I think even the farmers in Buriram would agree with that. I know I have talked to some in Surin who do.

Yup that makes sense.Of course farmers in Buriram have that righteous feeling Yingluck should go to jail because she helped Thaksin start a war that destabilized the country.All the evidence supports your well argued theory.

You have obviously researched all this very deeply.We should be thankful to the Junta and those that backed them for preserving this happy land where everyone knows their place.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Countries like the UK do not discuss data such as this with foreign governments. It's called privacy...which this lot has no concept of. However, I bet they did give her a passport as it only costs a million pounds to get one and the UK is well known for being a bolt-hole for ex-leaders from around the globe...chunk-change for her.

If the Thai junta were smart they would stop these kind of news stories and ignore her....quickest way to make her fade. All these stories all the time in the Thai news just keeps her and her family current and in everyone's face...bad move generals.

Edited by Sir Dude

http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/woman-believed-ex-pm-yingluck-seen-shopping-uk/

December 29, 2017 | (38 views) | By Thai PBS

Authorities concerned are trying to verify whether a woman who was seen shopping in the United Kingdom which appeared on the Facebook page of New TV was former prime minister Yingluck Shinawatra as claimed or not, NCPO spokesperson Maj-Gen Piyapong Klinpan said on Friday (Dec 29).