Nepal

stevehaigh

i'm planning a trip to nepal with the missus in late feb. i have a few newbee questions:

- do thai's need a visa before arrival, what abut visa for me also (american passport)?

- what airline, thai has flights at about 21000 each, any other options?

- is it safe now?

- what's the weather like in feb/march?

- any good ideas for a one week itinerary? remember that thai girls think circumnavigating lotus tesco is major achievment.

thx steve

i'm planning a trip to nepal with the missus in late feb. i have a few newbee questions:

- do thai's need a visa before arrival, what abut visa for me also (american passport)?- i think u can both get visa on arrival ($30 US) check with the embassy.

- what airline, thai has flights at about 21000 each, any other options? RNA little bit cheaper i would recomend stick with Thai, RNA are notorius for delays.

- is it safe now? - always has been.

- what's the weather like in feb/march? Cold at night but getting warmer.

- any good ideas for a one week itinerary? remember that thai girls think circumnavigating lotus tesco is major achievment. 2-3 days in Kathmandu exploring and the 2-3 days in Pokhara relaxing.

thx steve

Just by chance I met a Nepali visiting Thailand a few days ago. He was very positive about tourists visiting the country (although he runs a hotel so he should be).

He said that the cost of rtn flights from Nepal to Thailand had now increased to about 400 USD, which seems a fair bit cheaper than 21000 baht. At that price I might be tempted to visit myself!