Trump outlines big cuts to Utah monuments, tribes prepare to sue

webfact

White man speak with forked tongue... I will be very interested in the outcome of this, even though I don’t have a horse in the race.

im not sure why the many reference to colonies are being made... most of the USA was conquered by force of arms, or stolen with trinkets and lies.

personally, having spent some time in this area, which I loved for its amazing scenery, I can’t see any purpose to trumps new tack, other than exploiting the area for mineral wealth, because this is about as far off the beaten path as you can get in the USA.

ergo.... money money money.....

0F89B494-7D77-4841-8C72-76CC69864DCF.png

3 hours ago, simple1 said:

Which is another blatant lie by Trump. The OP states the concerned areas were already available for hunting and grazing.

Every day I am perplexed by Trump's supporters, who claim to be "patriots", supporting this lying destructive frontman of the alt right. Trump is the quintessence of PC for the alt right. Trump is unfit to represent the Office of the President of the USA.

Trump is unfit to represent the New York chapter of the boy scouts. Or to act as regional manager for Home Depot. Or to even be a small town mayor. He is morally and ethically the equivalent of Al Capone, Alexander the Great, Genghis Khan, or Robert Mugabe. Hopefully, he will be outed at some point, and spend his remaining years in a federal penitentiary, where he so rightly belongs, for a lifetime of crime. 

5 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

This is about native rights only on the fringes. This is more about a visionary society, that sees the need to protect gorgeous, and precious land, and is willing to say no to developers, lobbyists, and the rest of the swamp, this charlatan spoke so much about during his campaign. There are few arguments about stimulating the economy by using this pristine parkland, that even a moron will buy into. Now that he is the circus huckster in chief, he is inviting every member of the swamp to profit, at the expense of the average American, and the legacy of the nation. This is a man so lacking in vision, it defies the imagination. And this is a man so lacking in ethics, or morality, that he is exactly the swamp creature he described in his pre-election speeches. Dino Don. Tyrannosaurus Trump. A prehistoric, sold out, street walking  creature from the dark lagoon, hellbent on destroying the environment, and scrapping all safeguards, at all costs. 

Why did I do it? Because the lobbyist asked for it. Is that not enough reason? 

Today the conman says it is about hunting and grazing, which sounds innocent enough, right? Want to wager within a few years, the land will be open to mining, logging, and oil gas drilling? There are no reasonable boundaries with this enemy of the earth. It is all about money. Legacy means nothing. The land means nothing. The future means nothing. It is all about money, money, money, now, now, now. 

How many readers are aware that over the next 10 years, the new tax plan is going to save the Trump family nearly a billion dollars. It has so many perks for commercial real estate developers, it should have been called the "personal Trump family tax plan". Me, myself, and I. Those are the three entities he considers, above all else. 

This is one thing I CAN do:
Sign the petition for impeachment on this link https://www.needtoimpeach.com Please add this link to your message like me and spread this link. We have to save ourselves. No one will do it for us. Take an action for your future.

5 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

This is about native rights only on the fringes. This is more about a visionary society, that sees the need to protect gorgeous, and precious land, and is willing to say no to developers, lobbyists, and the rest of the swamp, this charlatan spoke so much about during his campaign. There are few arguments about stimulating the economy by using this pristine parkland, that even a moron will buy into. Now that he is the circus huckster in chief, he is inviting every member of the swamp to profit, at the expense of the average American, and the legacy of the nation. This is a man so lacking in vision, it defies the imagination. And this is a man so lacking in ethics, or morality, that he is exactly the swamp creature he described in his pre-election speeches. Dino Don. Tyrannosaurus Trump. A prehistoric, sold out, street walking  creature from the dark lagoon, hellbent on destroying the environment, and scrapping all safeguards, at all costs. 

Why did I do it? Because the lobbyist asked for it. Is that not enough reason? 

Today the conman says it is about hunting and grazing, which sounds innocent enough, right? Want to wager within a few years, the land will be open to mining, logging, and oil gas drilling? There are no reasonable boundaries with this enemy of the earth. It is all about money. Legacy means nothing. The land means nothing. The future means nothing. It is all about money, money, money, now, now, now. 

How many readers are aware that over the next 10 years, the new tax plan is going to save the Trump family nearly a billion dollars. It has so many perks for commercial real estate developers, it should have been called the "personal Trump family tax plan". Me, myself, and I. Those are the three entities he considers, above all else. 

A follow up to my last post. 

In leaked memo, Trump interior secretary recommends 10 protected areas be modified to allow for ‘traditional uses’ such as mining, logging and hunting. The interior secretary, Ryan Zinke, wrote that the boundaries of some national monuments were “arbitrary or likely politically motivated or boundaries could not be supported by science or reasons of resource management”. Zinke, who was tasked by Trump in April to review 27 land and ocean monuments created since 1996, wrote that 10 protected areas from Maine to the southern Pacific Ocean must be either shrunk or modified so more mining and other “traditional uses” be allowed.

Apparently, the areas in question were already open to hunting and grazing. So, it appears the mining lobby, has been hard at work with their frequent visits to the very white house. This is the repopulation of the swamp. Trump style. And even the mention of science by this administration is humorous. This is perhaps the least science minded, and the least intelligent administration in the past century. Even Little P. looks intelligent in comparison to the deflector in chief, little Trump. And that is a low standard indeed.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2017/sep/18/trump-ryan-zinke-national-monuments-bears-ears

Edited by spidermike007

47 minutes ago, mikebike said:

Again no. Invented long before the USA was. Look into what ancient societies did when colonizing.

Ok ,again! Then we put the US at the price poduim next to the Vikings and Roman Empire. What a great merit to put in the box of acheivements. :clap2:

22 minutes ago, farcanell said:

White man speak with forked tongue... I will be very interested in the outcome of this, even though I don’t have a horse in the race.

im not sure why the many reference to colonies are being made... most of the USA was conquered by force of arms, or stolen with trinkets and lies.

personally, having spent some time in this area, which I loved for its amazing scenery, I can’t see any purpose to trumps new tack, other than exploiting the area for mineral wealth, because this is about as far off the beaten path as you can get in the USA.

ergo.... money money money.....

0F89B494-7D77-4841-8C72-76CC69864DCF.png

As is usually the case with Trump, it is always about the money. He never, ever does anything with the interest of the American people at heart. Ever. It is always about satisfying the wishes of the lobbyists. He is a street whore. He has redefined the meaning of the word swamp, with his hapless and extremely corrupt administration. 

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

As is usually the case with Trump, it is always about the money. He never, ever does anything with the interest of the American people at heart. Ever. It is always about satisfying the wishes of the lobbyists. He is a street whore. He has redefined the meaning of the word swamp, with his hapless and extremely corrupt administration. 

There is more to Trump, he is also vindictive, and everything Obama's has to be erased, see the topic at hand.

4 hours ago, milwaukeeboy said:

A friend of mine tried to use an upside down US flag as his avatar here on Thai-visa during the Obama years.

It was up for no longer than a week or two and he was forced to change it by a moderator.

I suspected it was due more to his political views.

Just an observation. 

I would think an inverted US flag fairly appropriate for most of the inhabitants at the moment. It is, after all, an international sign for being in distress.

24 minutes ago, craigt3365 said:

What a horrible president. Just doing this because it was initiated by Obama.

There may be other reasons:  Trump likes to do things which can be equated to:  giving the finger to Americans - all those outside of his shrinking fan base.

Here's a true story of a flower hunter - who would find exotic flowers in foreign lands, and send them to plant nurseries to propagate.  He found a small field of beautiful lilies which were a shade of purple which no other lilies possessed.  He picked as many bulbs as he could fit in his tote bag, .....THEN DESTROYED ALL THE OTHER LILIES.  The reason?  He didn't want anyone else coming along and finding any.   That true story sheds light on something Trump Sr or Trump Jr would do.  It exemplifies extreme selfishness, meanness, and disdain for nature.

29 minutes ago, craigt3365 said:

What a horrible president. Just doing this because it was initiated by Obama.

Apparently he doesn’t like bill Clinton either, as he’s attacking his nominated monument, too.... lol.... or an anti Hillary move by proxie?

10 hours ago, farcanell said:

Apparently he doesn’t like bill Clinton either, as he’s attacking his nominated monument, too.... lol.... or an anti Hillary move by proxie?

Typical of individuals who have low self esteem. They need to degenerate others to help give a false positive view of themselves and temporally elevate their low low self esteem. This is part of the reason 45 calls people names etc. He is suffering from many mental health issued and the psychiatric community has WARNED the world of this creature. 

5 hours ago, selftaopath said:

Typical of individuals who have low self esteem. They need to degenerate others to help give a false positive view of themselves and temporally elevate their low low self esteem. This is part of the reason 45 calls people names etc. He is suffering from many mental health issued and the psychiatric community has WARNED the world of this creature. 

Woops. That should read "denigrate" lol oh my spelling has gone by the way of my memory. lol Sorry. 

On 12/5/2017 at 12:40 AM, FreddieRoyle said:

Yes Trump Yes! Private enterprises will run everything better and cheaper than bloated inefficient state enterprises. We saw just the same in Britain where privatization of railways and the postal service saved taxpayers billions(OK the moron govts squandered it anyway, but it was a champion idea). Trump is succeeding in downsizing government, which is what voters wanted from him. Great stuff. 

My sympathy for native American Indians has vanished after the Pocahontas saga, I mean fair enough if these guys are living in wagwams and hunting buffalo with spears and communicating with smoke signals well yes such a treasure would be worth preserving 100%, but as we see the modern "Native Indians" are looking like regular Joes, have no valid link to their former spiritual past, often living in multimillion dollar mansions and living modern lives - so need to special status or tax breaks or any other special benefits. Use it or lose it - as they say.

You will never get your driving license.......

On 12/5/2017 at 6:40 AM, FreddieRoyle said:

My sympathy for native American Indians has vanished after the Pocahontas saga, I mean fair enough if these guys are living in wagwams and hunting buffalo with spears and communicating with smoke signals well yes such a treasure would be worth preserving 100%, but as we see the modern "Native Indians" are looking like regular Joes, have no valid link to their former spiritual past, often living in multimillion dollar mansions and living modern lives - so need to special status or tax breaks or any other special benefits. Use it or lose it - as they say.

Disgusting post. You've got no idea regarding native American Indians. Definitely something that would come from an uninformed Trump supporter.

And yes, I'm native American Indian.

Horrible post.