Notification of Address- Phuket Town

Psimbo

1 minute ago, xylophone said:

Thanks, but where is the link to doing my 90 day report online???? OR how do I go about this?

Sorry don't know. Never tried it.

This is the question I asked a volunteer about re register address. "What paperwork do you need if you happen to be staying in the home owned by your Thai wife in which case you do not have any rental or lease agreement.

In that situation you just need a copy of the tabien Baan, your wifes ID card, and sometimes they ask for a copy of your marriage certificate. Then just a copy of your passport, current visa, last entry stamp in to Thailand, and TM6 Departure card & a filled out TM 30 card (just the top half, signed by the wife."

This situation obviously does not apply to everyone. I did it recently & they did not ask for marriage certificate but best to have an updated one just in case, which can easily be done at the Amphur office.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, merijn said:

I noticed that the "national" website ( extranet.immigration.go.th) is still not working.

Does anybody knows why it is still not working ?

I was using this website to do my address registration.

I have tried several avenues to get onto that website (Chrome, Edge and Internet Explorer) but all to no avail so I take it it is not working despite folks having managed to get it to work in the past.

I can hope beyond hope that it is working before my 90 day report becomes due in April, but then again shouldn't hope too much because after all, TIT!

19 hours ago, merijn said:

I noticed that the "national" website ( extranet.immigration.go.th) is still not working.

Does anybody knows why it is still not working ?

I was using this website to do my address registration.

If you are talking about the 90 day notification. I get through the first page Ok but stalls after that. Never get to page 2.

Please can we keep this thread for Notification of Address issues only- there are separate threads for retirement extensions and 90 day reports in Phuket.

We will get bogged down and valuable information could be missed if posted on the wrong thread.

2 hours ago, Psimbo said:

Please can we keep this thread for Notification of Address issues only- there are separate threads for retirement extensions and 90 day reports in Phuket.

We will get bogged down and valuable information could be missed if posted on the wrong thread.

I came on here because all other avenues drew a blank and thought that someone here (Phuket) might be able to help......thanks a bunch!

On 2/10/2018 at 11:58 AM, xylophone said:

I came on here because all other avenues drew a blank and thought that someone here (Phuket) might be able to help......thanks a bunch!

Not sure what your point is- we have clearly marked sections within the Phuket Forums for NoA, Retirement Permits, Marriage Extensions and 90 day reports, amongst other immigration issues.

Discussing one thing on a different thread just (clearly) muddies the waters. If they are not updated and information is being posted on OTHER threads is sort of proves the point of my comment. For example there has been no comment on the  90 day thread since mid-Jan.

Not sure what your point is- we have clearly marked sections within the Phuket Forums for NoA, Retirement Permits, Marriage Extensions and 90 day reports, amongst other immigration issues.

Discussing one thing on a different thread just (clearly) muddies the waters. If they are not updated and information is being posted on OTHER threads is sort of proves the point of my comment. For example there has been no comment on the  90 day thread since mid-Jan.

Many of the posters on this thread actually post on the 90 day thread and I wondered, just wondered, if there was any updated information that they hadn't bothered to put on the other thread, as can often happen. That was my point!

Just done it at PHUKET immigration.

Used Power of Attorney form with 10 Baht tax stamps, one photocopy each of passport info page, TM6 arrival card, admitted until stamp & rental contract, plus original passport with old notification receipt which was replaced with a new one. 

I forgot to ask but I guess I don't need to give the POE form next time as it says it allows control until its no longer needed. They did keep the original but I have a photocopy of it.

did mine yesterday after not doing one for over 3 years an been in and out of thailand over 10 x.

New address...
no problems,no questions, Need give them NEW POA ( above form i first posted) each time... plus copy house paper, copy id card landlord and the usual; Passport,visa,departure card copies
Did ask if need do it everytime u leave ur home if you stay in Thailand and he said NO< Only if u leave the country>> 

got there at 12:30, office opened at 1, out by 1:20, lines of over 30 Farangs outside room 101, and inside FULL>

4 hours ago, digital said:

Used Power of Attorney form with 10 Baht tax stamps, one photocopy each of passport info page, TM6 arrival card, admitted until stamp & rental contract, plus original passport with old notification receipt which was replaced with a new one. 

I forgot to ask but I guess I don't need to give the POE form next time as it says it allows control until its no longer needed. They did keep the original but I have a photocopy of it.

forgot.. yes also needed copy of the house book, and house owners id same as phuketrichard

32 minutes ago, phuketrichard said:

<snip>
Did ask if need do it everytime u leave ur home if you stay in Thailand and he said NO< Only if u leave the country>> 

In my experience that is bad advise. If I stay in a Thailand hotel that does the correct procedure and registers me as staying at their address then my old address is cancelled.  I got caught out with this when I went for my one year extension and they told I was registered at some hotel in Thailand. I had to register again at my Phuket home address. 

5 hours ago, digital said:

Where can we buy the tax stamps? Thanks.

8 hours ago, digital said:

That is correct, as long you have a copy you can use the POA copy for your next address registration.

5 hours ago, LivinginKata said:

In my experience that is bad advise. If I stay in a Thailand hotel that does the correct procedure and registers me as staying at their address then my old address is cancelled.  I got caught out with this when I went for my one year extension and they told I was registered at some hotel in Thailand. I had to register again at my Phuket home address. 

So ur saying the immigration official gave me the wrong info?

up to you, this is the MOST current info as i asked him yesterday afternoon when he was doing my notification/change of address.

I also asked about the POA and he said need new one with original tax stamps...

So just to confirm they NOW want a POA with a tax stamp as well  as everything else in Hkt Town?

Maybe we shouldn't have asked them!

If someone has a picture of a POA without their personal details and a tax stamp applied correctly it would be handy.

This is just going to get silly again- do i have to get the owner of my place, who lives overseas, to do 10 original copies of this just in case I go away for the weekend? It's madness and they don't seem to have thought this through.

1 hour ago, phuketrichard said:

So ur saying the immigration official gave me the wrong info?

up to you, this is the MOST current info as i asked him yesterday afternoon when he was doing my notification/change of address.

Just saying what I have experienced. Up to you what you want to believe. 

2 hours ago, phuketrichard said:

Interesting as they told me that a copy of the POA would be sufficient for the next reporting.

As so many times noticed it depends on the officer you ask and of his mood of the day. :-(

So just to confirm they NOW want a POA with a tax stamp as well  as everything else in Hkt Town?

Maybe we shouldn't have asked them!

If someone has a picture of a POA without their personal details and a tax stamp applied correctly it would be handy.

This is just going to get silly again- do i have to get the owner of my place, who lives overseas, to do 10 original copies of this just in case I go away for the weekend? It's madness and they don't seem to have thought this through.

Use this link for more information and examples. http://piv-phuket.com/latest-information/address-registration-information/

11 hours ago, merijn said:

Use this link for more information and examples. http://piv-phuket.com/latest-information/address-registration-information/

Thanks for that- I'll get some stamps and get him to sign a forest worth of PoAs!

It actually makes me nauseous every time another obstacle is thrown in front of us.

tax stamps ( 2  5 baht each) go in the upper right corner...

I had the owner of my hose ( brit) make up 4 copies of everything (poa, all copies with company stamps and signed ( not photocopied)

First desk on the right,1st guy

livinginkata

Just saying what I have experienced. Up to you what you want to believe. 

when were u last asking in immigration? I asked on monday

43 minutes ago, phuketrichard said:

tax stamps ( 2  5 baht each) go in the upper right corner...

I had the owner of my hose ( brit) make up 4 copies of everything (poa, all copies with company stamps and signed ( not photocopied)

First desk on the right,1st guy

when were u last asking in immigration? I asked on monday

Those who deal with immigration regularly know that things can change on a whim. I used to ask what papers were needed for 1 year extension & reply "same as last year". So when I go with everything "same as last year" it is not enough. Either need something extra or they change the specs on how they want it presented.

Archived